Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by BTG »

Blue weave Domino....and that puts me over the mark for a 50$ gift card at KC....so tomorrow when they credit me I think I'm going to Order a Yojimbo....never attracted me before, but been feeling the pull lately, so with the card and about 70$ I think it's time to jump.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mantra 1
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Mantra 1
I'm officially jealous! I've been holding out and hoping to find one on the secondary market. If I don't find ine soon I think I'm just going to order one from a dealer. I'm usually pretty patient but I think I want this one sooner rather than later.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
I'm officially jealous! I've been holding out and hoping to find one on the secondary market. If I don't find ine soon I think I'm just going to order one from a dealer. I'm usually pretty patient but I think I want this one sooner rather than later.
Going to give flippers and frame locks another try with this one...if there is a knife to make me like those two styles I believe this to be it...if I don't like it then there is no hope for me! :p
Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Going to give flippers and frame locks another try with this one...if there is a knife to make me like those two styles I believe this to be it...if I don't like it then there is no hope for me! :p

I'll look forward to hearing what you think!

I like frame locks well enough. But I have to admit that when I first got my Sage 2 I had some difficulty unlocking the blade. Not sure what it was but it felt really awkward to me compared to a frame lock. Whatever the problem was I got over is quickly and the Sage 2 is now a favorite of mine. I'm also not a big fan of flippers, especially when Spyderco's knives are so easy to open with the hole. But I wanted to try a knife from another brand (yes I strayed) and I chose a frame lock flipper. It's a very nice knife, flips awesome & is extremely smooth, but I'm not sure I like being restricted to using a flipper tab to deploy the blade. I'll admit that flipping the blade open is kind of fun (just like flicking is) but there are times when I want to open the blade slowly. So the Mantra should give me the best of both worlds.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I love the Mantra, I like liner locks, but RIL's are my absolute favorite. So this knife is pretty much my EDC now paired with the Nirvana....like I said love RIL's.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I have several flippers from other brands besides Spyderco and I am not embarrassed to say they are superior to any of my Spyderco flippers. They just are. But like someone has said, sometimes I like to open a knife slow and controlled and the Spydie hole is perfect for that. So, the knives having both is definitely a plus and that is something other brands just don't offer. Spyderco gets the nod for that
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Native 4 from Knifeworks. All black serrated...
I'm old school as well and this model with serrations has lasted me years at work and home. Less grippy in the hand also than the newer FRN.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Memory and Double Bevel via Massdrop. Also, while admittedly not a Spyderco, a titanium Urban Trapper.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Ordered a Pattada last night, it was a toss up between this and the Mantra.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Finally grabbed a Kiwi 4, so I can implement the 'Evil D mod' (rounding/contouring/sanding that g10). Been puttin that off for WAY too long!
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Manix 2 Midnight Blue C101GPDBL2 in S110V.
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:Native 4 from Knifeworks. All black serrated...
I'm old school as well and this model with serrations has lasted me years at work and home. Less grippy in the hand also than the newer FRN.
Jsut checked out the knifeworks website. All I see are NAtive 5's? I thought the 4 was discontinued??
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Centofante Memory arrived today, and she's looking purdy

Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

I just ordered a Tasman PE to replace my old Merlin that I lost.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

S110v para2 and a 52100 Millie. :cool:
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Old school Native4. I like old design. It just works
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Chicago. Mantra 1 arrived today and had to be returned to the seller bc it was obviously used. That's what I get for using Amazon lol
Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Chicago. Mantra 1 arrived today and had to be returned to the seller bc it was obviously used. That's what I get for using Amazon lol
Well that's a bummer!!!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Woohoo! Mantra heading my way!