What's on deck in S110V??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ryno

Re: What's on deck in S110V??

Post by Ryno »

roger-roger wrote:What would be great would be a rerelease of the iconic Spyderco, the Delica w/ S110V PE and integrated FRN clip.
+1
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

pir4te wrote:LET'S GO BLURPLE YOJIMBO 2
YES, let's do that! :-)

Boar-gen
ZrowsN1s

Yojimbo in s110v please!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've been silently hoping for a s110v yojimbo 2. I've wanted a yojimbo for a while but I've been holding out for another high end version with steel like ZDP or even an m4 or some other tool steel. Nothing wrong with s30, it's just kind of a downgrade from what i usually carry these days (first world problems). After you get used to hap40, cpm m4, aogami super blue, and ZDP-189 ; s30v just doesn't cut it so to speak.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
timlara

Post by timlara »

Another bump for a Blurple Yo2!!

Seems like the standard version is popular enough, so the only reason I can think for *not* doing one is lack of production capacity...surely it must be on the to-do list?
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

So I guess I will hop on the bandwagon and ask for a blurple Yo2 as well. :)
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

yo2 yo2 yo2 yo2 yo2! :)
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

I would very much purchase a blurple s110v Yo2
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The Yo2 exclusive stuck around a while, even went on sale at one point. I'm not sure the demand will be high enough. I'd prefer a Yo2 in Cruwear or 3V.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cujobob wrote:The Yo2 exclusive stuck around a while, even went on sale at one point. I'm not sure the demand will be high enough. I'd prefer a Yo2 in Cruwear or 3V.
But even with the sale it was expensive. This wouldn't be a sprint or exclusive but a standard production run and ar a lower price. I think there are more than enough people on here asking for one so I think the demand is there. Also you have to keep in mind the collectors. Plenty of folks are buying every version of the S100V blurple knives Spyderco releases so they have the set. Another nice thing is that the blurple is close to the color of jeans which is something Spyderco tried to do on the first yojimbo.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
timlara

Post by timlara »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Another nice thing is that the blurple is close to the color of jeans which is something Spyderco tried to do on the first yojimbo.
Yup, this...The blurple is actually much closer to jeans than the original "smurfy" hue of the Yo1, so it would meet one more of Mike's original design goals.

As for price, no idea if the margins are directly comparable, but if I speculate based on the price difference between the "base" Manix 2 and the blurple version, it looks like the Yo2 would probably be around $150-$160 MAP price which is a fair bit cheaper than the CF/S90v sprint was.
Last edited by timlara on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Cujobob wrote:The Yo2 exclusive stuck around a while, even went on sale at one point. I'm not sure the demand will be high enough. I'd prefer a Yo2 in Cruwear or 3V.
But even with the sale it was expensive. This wouldn't be a sprint or exclusive but a standard production run and ar a lower price. I think there are more than enough people on here asking for one so I think the demand is there. Also you have to keep in mind the collectors. Plenty of folks are buying every version of the S100V blurple knives Spyderco releases so they have the set. Another nice thing is that the blurple is close to the color of jeans which is something Spyderco tried to do on the first yojimbo.
You may have a point except that I don't think a few posters in this thread really represent the true demand for the model in question. Still, good post.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks Bob. I was also referring to the folks on Facebook, Instagram and other threads on here. Anytime I see mention of a S110V model the Yo2 seems to come up.

I'm really hoping this happens :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
richardtran

Post by richardtran »

UKPK with burple g-10
SG89

Post by SG89 »

richardtran wrote:UKPK with burple g-10
Sal confirmed it in another thread but idk if he mentioned handle material... Frn or g10 will be fine with me
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
benben

Post by benben »

Winner right here, either steel would be fine with me!
pir4te

Post by pir4te »

while we're on the subject of the yo2... i wouldn't mind seeing it in DLC either...
napalmfriday

Post by napalmfriday »

Not to sound like a broken record here, but the Yojimbo 2 would be an absolute must have for me as well!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Just got word that the S110V Military is dropping. Not sure if it has the updates or not though.

@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Just got word that the S110V Military is dropping. Not sure if it has the updates or not though.
That is some good news. It'll be interesting to see if it has the new CQI upgrades. I'm quite impressed with the 52100 Millie.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

YO2! Must have in S110V!