We need more manix sprints!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: We need more manix sprints!

Post by BTG »

Oh yeah, especially in the XL versions...my favorite....I missed the CF XL Sprint myself, I was collecting, but not on the Forum, missed a lot that first year and a half....forum is really great for keeping info up to date, have not missed a knife I've wanted since joining...on the other hand it's tripled my knive purchases...Ignorance is bliss.....
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cutlery shoppe is working on an orange FRN manix exclusive. I think they said it could be with S90V.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Nope. Lol.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Cutlery shoppe is working on an orange FRN manix exclusive. I think they said it could be with S90V.
Thats in FRCP, as minimal as the differences may be.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm actually pretty content with my Manix situation. The things I would want are unlikely to ever happen so I don't even get my hopes up.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Orange is all good, and maybe they'll dlc the blade, but it's still a bit too similar to the S110V if the steel is basically the same.

I sort of wish I had jumped on the Cruwear model and an EDC forum exclusive from a few years ago was before my knife collecting began I think.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Evil D wrote:I'm actually pretty content with my Manix situation. The things I would want are unlikely to ever happen so I don't even get my hopes up.
Same here. Still i am keeping the lockback manix 1 revival sprint alive in my brain... :o even if the chance of ever coming out is smaller then winning the lotary :(
If only the japanese makers would give spyderco the chance to make a manix with a powerlock in the Golden plant that one would be even close enough for me to be very very happy :( ( you would think those makers would be happy to give spyderco the rights to build one after all the things spyderco did for them but hmm at the last amsterdammeet when asked Eric about it he said that is far far away from happening seems to me they really are stubern on the otherside of this little globe :(
swigert

Post by swigert »

Cujobob wrote:Orange is all good, and maybe they'll dlc the blade, but it's still a bit too similar to the S110V if the steel is basically the same.

I sort of wish I had jumped on the Cruwear model and an EDC forum exclusive from a few years ago was before my knife collecting began I think.

Oh the Cruwear Manix, one of my all time favorite sprints. You should try to find one!
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

I'm always in for another Manix 2 sprint. Not sure what steels/G10 colors would be left though....but my dream Manix would be:

3V or 4V steel in a sniper grey textured G10 :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Not to go too far off topic, but I'd be more interested in a Mini-Manix. Maybe a 2.5" or 3" blade, 2.5 mm S30V blade stock, FFG, with any color G-10 scales. Less jimping and nested liners would be the icing on the cake, IMHO.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

A solid carbon fiber lightweight with M4 would be my dream Manix2.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'd be down for any spint or exclusive. Missing 2 (that I want) and always on the hunt, CTS-XHP and CF S90V. I'd really like to see a CF-pp 52100, that would be an epic Manix2
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Whitetail addict wrote:I think in the furture ill pick up a cruwear manix 2, bento box sure is pricey though.
These pop up on the exchange fairly often, I'd just keep an eye out over there, seen them as low as $150 BNIB :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think that the Native5LW or the Manix2LW are both due for some sprint run fun. I would also love to see either one done in grey with Cruwear. Orange is VERY appealing to me if the right steel is chosen. Something tough and easy to sharpen would make it a great backpacking knife for me. Orange with S90V isn't something I would not be interested in but I assume that many would like it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
osprey

Post by osprey »

M390 M2 with blue G10, please
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Manix LW in dark grey with Cruwear!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
kwakster

Post by kwakster »

"Maxamet Manix" sounds good to me,
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I would be more into Manix sprints if they utilized the XL platform. The smaller Manix is a great design and good for someone who wants a beefy folder that doesn't exceed 3" of edge, but in my opinion, the Manix design really excels at cutting chores in the larger size.

Maybe I am biased due to owning and EDCing the original Manix (until I broke it!!!) for a number of years, which caused me to look at the smaller version as a miniature when it came out?