What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by BTG »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Image

WOW Beautiful pic, is this in the Calendar contest yet ? Winner, Winner Chicken dinner!!
So clean looking, just missing a bar of Irish Spring....
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks guys. I actually had to do a little manipulation for this one as I took it with my iPhone and there are limitations on what the camera can do. I took two photos and combined them. The first was taken with the mountains in focus and the second was with the knife in focus. Used an app on my phone to blend the two together. Glad you like it!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BTG

Post by BTG »

Good job...I can't even figure out how to shrink photos, so that's way beyond me....miss my old I pad, it didn't need shrinking..haven't posted a new pic since December....I suck at computer stuff...new tricks and old dogs don't mix.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Thanks guys. I actually had to do a little manipulation for this one as I took it with my iPhone and there are limitations on what the camera can do. I took two photos and combined them. The first was taken with the mountains in focus and the second was with the knife in focus. Used an app on my phone to blend the two together. Glad you like it!
What App is that if you don't mind me asking? That turned out excellent!
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Thanks guys. I actually had to do a little manipulation for this one as I took it with my iPhone and there are limitations on what the camera can do. I took two photos and combined them. The first was taken with the mountains in focus and the second was with the knife in focus. Used an app on my phone to blend the two together. Glad you like it!
What App is that if you don't mind me asking? That turned out excellent!
It's called Enlight, I got it off the apple AppStore. I think I paid $5 for it. It's the best photo app I've ever had. Here are the original photos

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Very cool! The current iPhones take very good pictures. Took a VERY cool picture of a Dragonfly day before yesterday (The insect, not the knife) and you can see every single vein in all 4 wings in startling clarity for a cell phone camera. Made me wish I had one of my Dragonflys with me because it would have made an even more awesome picture. It was a close up though...that app did some really cool stuff blending those two pictures together. I'll definitely be looking it up.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I took two photos and combined them. The first was taken with the mountains in focus and the second was with the knife in focus. Used an app on my phone to blend the two together. Glad you like it!
Thanks for the clarification LC, was wondering about that infinite focus! Awesome pic.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Brock O Lee wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Was enjoying summer life on the back deck this eve...
2017 calender contest winner !
I agree!! That's definitely one to enter into the contest next year! Great shot!
I go along with this one too... About the calendar though, I'm trying to remember to leave enough area around images to allow for 8.5 X 11 cropping, or whatever format they use for a given year. I think this image has plenty of room in front of the knife to allow for cropping. (Great image by the way :D )
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

apollo wrote:
dplafoll wrote:I mean, how could I not?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57770516@ ... datetaken/
Wish i took a picture today nice to see im not the only one carrying it. :D
Yup. I don't buy non-users. I was hesitant at first, but then I remembered that:
1) It's a Spyderco. And while it is a Nirvana, it's still meant to be carried and used, and not doing so would be a disservice. I've decided the only Spydies I wouldn't carry/use are the true special editions, like a 40th Anniv. Native, or something like that. The ones that, I think, even Sal would say aren't really meant for carry.
2) It's no different than the folks that buy a Sebenza and carry it. This is my Sebenza, except it's a Spyderco, and that makes it all the more fantastic. I may grab a Sebbie someday but this thing truly scratches that itch.

Also, tell me if you're experience has been different, but this thing is really nice in the pocket, more so than I thought it would be.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

In my pocket/waistband almost everyday for the past 4 months
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Just chillin' in my office watching the end of the Nascar race.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Did some patina removal tonight.

@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Image
How do you like the Des Horn, Spydergirl? I pondered long over it vs the Kiwi 4 and Worker to fill the "splinter picker" niche and finally got the Kiwi 4. But I'm still tempted sometimes when I run across a Des Horn for sale. Nice pic by the way :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Its a great letter opener!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Still kinda disappointed I missed that amazon special buy for those... but then again, as beautiful as the knife is I just don't think I'd carry it much for my own uses.
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Its a great letter opener!
SpeedHoles wrote:Still kinda disappointed I missed that amazon special buy for those... but then again, as beautiful as the knife is I just don't think I'd carry it much for my own uses.
I was thinking of it for more shirt pocket use, but it's really sort of obligate-right handed. But I'd probably be driving with my left hand anyway :eek:

I don't use my Kiwi 4 as much as I thought I would, but it's a great little knife and it's a little more pointy than my other small knives.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Spydie
Spydie
Now in the pocket my 2 newest knives. My grail nirvana and something i pickt up just for the fun of buying something.
It is called a deejo 25 gr its the weight of the knife so it is rediculessy low but it is still very well build. (The steel is 440a so crapp offcoarse if you compare it to a normal spydie let alone the nirvana :D
Native50

Post by Native50 »

You know you might have a problem when you walk in the SFO and they say "Oh, you again." :)

Great folks there ...