Spoiler Alert! Sasy420 sells genuine Endura and Delica Emersons

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FnF8Guy

Spoiler Alert! Sasy420 sells genuine Endura and Delica Emersons

Post by FnF8Guy »

I ordered a Delica Emerson Opener and Endura Emerson Opener from Sasy420. The knives that I received appear to be fakes. Am I correct?

**EDITED Thread Title (23-Feb). Following discussion, knives determined to be legitimate. - TazKristi**

IMG_0839compressed.jpg
IMG_0842compressed.jpg
IMG_0845compressed.jpg
IMG_0846compressed.jpg
IMG_0847compressed.jpg
FnF8Guy

Re: Sasy420 may have sold me fakes

Post by FnF8Guy »

IMG_0849compressed.jpg
IMG_0851compressed.jpg
IMG_0853compressed.jpg
IMG_0854compressed.jpg
IMG_0855compressed.jpg
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Looks totally legit to me. I have bought several knives from them with no issue. They are not on the eBay naughty sellers list for Spyderco knives AFAIK.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
FnF8Guy

Post by FnF8Guy »

I don't know about that. The Fonts seem all wrong. The Etching was clearly chemically done. There's rusting as a result. Also the handle was poorly machined. There's jagged edges and leftover material that should have been cleaned up. Is this normal Spyderco quality? Unfortunately I am very new to Spyderco's and I am having a rough start.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's not a high end Spydie. It looks identical to mine and all others I've seen font-wise, the color of the type and logo, etc. If you're unsure, send it back. The next one you get though will look similar! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

Looks good to me.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Looks legit to me. My experience with this seller has always been positive and the knives have been authentic.
Waco

Post by Waco »

I just got an Endura from them. It seems perfect to me. I did notice the lettering on the blade being different than my other Endura, but I figured it was just because this one is newer.

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Welcome to the forum fnF8guy. I cannot tell you whether or not your knives are legit but I can tell you that probably 98% of the "Did I get a fake Spyderco" threads I see on here and Bladeforums are about knives purchased on Ebay.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Surfingringo wrote:Welcome to the forum fnF8guy. I cannot tell you whether or not your knives are legit but I can tell you that probably 98% of the "Did I get a fake Spyderco" threads I see on here and Bladeforums are about knives purchased on Ebay.

This. Stay off eBay. Too risky.

Tons of great dealers out there that you will have no worry buying from.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Looks totally legit to me. I have bought several knives from them with no issue. They are not on the eBay naughty sellers list for Spyderco knives AFAIK.
Looks legit to me also. While I don't have a recent Endura or Delica, the tang stamps looks exactly like those on my recent Stretches, which are made by the same maker. Nothing else sends up any red flags, or even any yellow ones, either.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
FnF8Guy

Post by FnF8Guy »

Thanks for the replies. This was purchased from sasy420 website, not ebay. I did make another purchase on ebay that is definitely a fake. That'll learn me. Something about the etching on these knives, especially the emerson patent number, seems wrong. I made a request for return. I also ordered the same knives from BladeHQ. I believe they are a reliable vendor. Please correct me if that assumption is incorrect. I'll compare when they come in.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

BladeHQ is indeed a reputable dealer and you will have no issues ordering from them. I for one will be interested to know hot the new knives compare once you receive them.
Waco

Post by Waco »

Blade HQ is my favorite non-ebay knife retailer. In this case, the low price on the Endura was too good to pass up.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

These threads are getting super old.
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

I have also done business with sasy420 I bought a K2 and other than a little late lock up on it there was no problems. I also suggest that you stay away from ebay, at least until you know what to look for and find some trusted sellers like I have. On a side note there is a separate forum title at the top of the general page titled "Spyderco-like knock-offs, "replicas" and fakes. "you should post about fakes there.
FnF8Guy

Post by FnF8Guy »

J32A2 wrote:These threads are getting super old.
Sorry J32A2. I'm a newbie. I don't have the blessing of experience and knowledge of Spyderco knives like you do. Maybe someday I will.
FnF8Guy

Post by FnF8Guy »

Bladewacked wrote:I have also done business with sasy420 I bought a K2 and other than a little late lock up on it there was no problems. I also suggest that you stay away from ebay, at least until you know what to look for and find some trusted sellers like I have. On a side note there is a separate forum title at the top of the general page titled "Spyderco-like knock-offs, "replicas" and fakes. "you should post about fakes there.
Thanks Bladewacked. You're absolutely right. I clearly don't know what to look for out in the wild west of Ebay. It really is a shame there's so much fraudulent activity there. I originally tried to post in the "Spyderco-like knock-offs, "replicas" and fakes. " forum, but was unable to start a new topic for some reason. Looks like I am able to now. Not sure what changed.
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

I think I would be very, very sure before I attack someone's established business with a claim of fraud.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

J32A2 wrote:These threads are getting super old.
They are indeed.
I see that as the fault of the faker & seller though. The purchaser cannot be blamed for wanting to know.
Although the faking is a form of flattery, I for one am well over it :mad: & pray they go away.
O.