My new S110V PM2 is growing on me!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DrtyHarry

My new S110V PM2 is growing on me!

Post by DrtyHarry »

This bad boy is sharp!!! And honestly, the "blurple" grew on me. Keeping them.

Even with the back spacer and the deep riding black smaller pocket clip....I still like the full size Millie just a bit better. This will do until I get the S110V Millie though... :-)

Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: My new S110V PM2 is growing on me!

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, punk, you made my day.

Seriously, that is a nice knife and I love the color. I can't wait to get mine. I, too, am torn over the Millie/PM2 dilemma.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Doc Dan wrote:Well, punk, you made my day.

Seriously, that is a nice knife and I love the color. I can't wait to get mine. I, too, am torn over the Millie/PM2 dilemma.
I never got to hold a PM2...I used a Millie as an ED blade for many many years. The PM2 is nice, very nice. But I still prefer the Millie. I've been waiting and waiting....I'm on every waiting list there is I think. That S110V steel really is something else though. The PM2 will serve as a nice little back up blade to it's bigger brother. ;)
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
dcfis

Post by dcfis »

Awesome knife for sure
npad69

Post by npad69 »

im really interested in this s110v, there is one available right now from one the local sellers here where im getting all my spydies from. im just curious how long does it take for this to sharpen from butter knife dull to push-cutting sharpness using the sharpmaker medium and fine rods?
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

npad69 wrote:im really interested in this s110v, there is one available right now from one the local sellers here where im getting all my spydies from. im just curious how long does it take for this to sharpen from butter knife dull to push-cutting sharpness using the sharpmaker medium and fine rods?
I have had mine for almost 2 weeks now, and I have been using it a lot more than I normally would...and the edge still cuts the hair off my arm. Amazing...had it been my S30V, I would have had to sharpen it at least 2-3 times to keep the same sharpness. This really is a magnificent steel....I really can't wait to get the same steel in the Millie....I was hoping I would like the PM2 and switch over from the Millie to the PM2, but I just can't....I am so used to the Millie....I don't want anything else. I do keep the PM2 in my little right front pocket of my jeans with a deep riding clip. Perfect fit. The Millie stays at 5 o'clock, and my Karambit is in my front left pocket with a wave. Awesome package...oh, and a Leatherman Micra on my key chain, and the full size big brother on my belt when needed. I'm all good....just can't wait for the S110V MILLIE!!!!
npad69

Post by npad69 »

thanks mr. eastwood! im really within an inch of breaking the bank again lol.. i'll appreciate it if you or any of you guys can provide feedback regarding sharpening of this steel.
palonej

Post by palonej »

Hey npad!!
I have had mine since they first came out and carry it a lot.
I found the trick is NOT to wait till it's totally dull. I'll give it a couple passes on the ultra fine stones and strop it after use. Excellent steel on a fantastic knife!
Grab it.....you won't be sorry bro!!
Joe
Zefside Zol

Post by Zefside Zol »

The blurple pm2 would look awesome with black dlc blade and hardware . As would all the upcoming s110v dark blue models .
Has anyone heard if there are any plans of doing this combo.

Can someone with some photoshop skills bring this vision to life. And post the pictures. Please
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Anything is possible but I would doubt that a coated blurple knife would happen. It seems as though coated blades are a tactical concept mainly and S110V does not seem like it would be the first choice in that application. We may see S110V in a self defense knife but as of right now it would seem unlikely to me. If enough people want it to happen then anything is possible though. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
baldanthony

Post by baldanthony »

Agreed on the 'not waiting' to sharpen comment. I use a sharpmaker, and lost patience trying to resharpen a "dull"/toothy s110v Manix2. Had my local knife shop put it on a belt and now I touch it up instead. As for touching it up, the sharpmaker does a fine job. It may just be me, but doing touch-ups on Spyderco s110v is noticeably less frustrating than my s90v Benchmades. Going to have a go at my new Tighe Stick, which is the first Spyderco s90v blade I have, whoo-hoo! Back to the subject at hand, though - I keep my sharpmaker set up with ultra-fine stones, and when I carry my s110v Manix2 or PM2, I'll usually give them a few passes at the end of the week. Keeps them from getting toothy. I haven't done much stropping with this blade steel though, maybe someone else can chime in?
npad69

Post by npad69 »

palonej wrote:Hey npad!!
I have had mine since they first came out and carry it a lot.
I found the trick is NOT to wait till it's totally dull. I'll give it a couple passes on the ultra fine stones and strop it after use. Excellent steel on a fantastic knife!
Grab it.....you won't be sorry bro!!
Joe
thanks for the reply palonej, personally i dont wait for my blades to get dull.. i always always touch it up after use or even after several days without use since i find the sound of metal grinding on stone very relaxing. i just had the experience of sharpening butter-knife dull vg-10, 154cm, bd1, 8cr (usually from friends who has no idea how to sharpen their blades) so i want to establish some kind of baseline comparison on how easy/hard it is to work with s110v.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I did sharpen it ever so lightly on the sharpmaker, and it's back to how it was the day I bought it....perhaps a bit sharper. I really really want the Millie...can't wait for that one! That will replace my current EDC Millie that I have been using for almost 8 years. Just going to add a low riding clip...like I did in the pic I posted above. And I'm surprised the color grew on me...
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Zefside Zol wrote:The blurple pm2 would look awesome with black dlc blade and hardware . As would all the upcoming s110v dark blue models .
Has anyone heard if there are any plans of doing this combo.

Can someone with some photoshop skills bring this vision to life. And post the pictures. Please
I have G10 grips and hardware that I was going to swap because I really was not fond of the color at first...but, it grew on me while I was waiting for the clip to arrive. And seeing how it rides low and can't be seen when worn....it doesn't bother me. So...keeping it as is. I heard somewhere that putting a black coat on this steel is not ideal....dono why, just what I heard. I don't know enough about it to say why.