Yojimdo2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Yojimdo2

Post by Evil D »

DrtyHarry wrote:From a SD view....would the PM2 or Yojimbo2 be preferred?
I've always believed that whatever you're most familiar with and can operate as second nature is the best for YOU. Now, whether that's the best for Michael Janich or some guy who's done extensive training is another story.

Cutting efficiency wise, I would always put my money on a wharnie vs. anything with a belly. Even though the Yojimbo 2 makes a great utility knife, it was ultimately designed to do one thing really well, whereas the Para 2 was designed to be an all around versatile EDC. If I carried a knife with the intent to use it in self defense, I'd definitely feel better carrying the one that was designed for it, but you being familiar with that knife and able to draw it and present it when needed is far more important than the model knife you carry.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Chances you need a knife for SD<chances you need to cut in an EDC role. Get the one you like and use it a lot. Either are a great EDC and would also get you out of most of life's pinches.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would say it doesn't matter. If I ever draw my blade in defense I will be making a few key cuts and getting the heck out of there. Any knife with a good grip will do what I need which ideally is to sever some connective tissue so I can get to running. I would pick a knife with a secure grip and not worry to much about the rest. A three inch blade will hit bone in most places on the body so a longer blade doesn't always gain you much. Being able to hold onto your knife while scared and hopped up on adrenaline seems paramount to me.

This is coming from someone with zero training in MBC so take it with a grain of salt.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Agreed. So it's my Millie for EDC uses and SD...but also carry a Karambit because I have had some training with it and am rather familiar with it. I can draw my Millie real fast because I am so used to it...but I have a wave on my Karambit, and there is no way I can draw anything faster than the Karambit.
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
ChuckDiesel

Post by ChuckDiesel »

I really dig the Yojimbo 2. It's got a real nice action and I find it decent for everyday tasks. Wish I could have gotten a s90v one.