Any online store owners lurking? Here's an idea

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bodog

Re: Any online store owners lurking? Here's an idea

Post by Bodog »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I am so over CF and have been for a long time, especially the peel ply stuff. If this Cruwear Para2 comes to fruition and CF is chosen I will have to give it some serious thought.
Never understood the whole peel ply CF instead of micarta or G10. If spyderco could source some marbled CF I think it would sell.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

^^ Yup, I have nothing against CF per se but it is a significant price increase for no real gain IMO. Just look at the pricing difference between the two upcoming m4 paramilitary exclusives.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

I'd LOVE to get a Cruwear PM2. Make mine PE but, yeah, make some SE for the serration fans. Don't care what color the scales are as long as they are G10 (seems to be much more affordable than CF) and really, Cruwear is for working knives! Gray G10 is fine with me.
Great idea.
To the dealers - I'd be willing to do this with a deposit even, to mitigate the upfront cost and ensure I got one. Maybe I should not admit that :). Same if you do one in Vanadis 4E or 3V using newer (Nathan Carother type) heat treat for RC 61.
Last edited by dogrunner on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

I would be very interested in a SE Cruwear PM2. Or other suitable steel
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Surfingringo wrote:^^ Yup, I have nothing against CF per se but it is a significant price increase for no real gain IMO. Just look at the pricing difference between the two upcoming m4 paramilitary exclusives.
The peel ply carbon fiber doesn't seem to lose its texture like G10 does over time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

jalcon wrote:It seems the one thing many people dislike more than SE blades are Combo edge blades. I'm not so sure these would sell like hotcakes. I would say, it's a PM2, so it doesn't matter. However, with the orange and black PM2 still available from CS almost 4 months later, I'm not so sure on that either.
This somewhat puzzles me as well. The only thing I can think of is that it has a $175 price tag and the unfortunate timing of a S110V version for a lower price.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

There are times throughout this thread that I think The Gringo is the only person who "got" my OP. Never ever never were combo edges mentioned. I said commission a 1200 piece run of Cruwear PM2's and make 300 or so of them SE. Anyone who does not think that the 300 super exclusive pieces of an already exclusive 1200 piece run would not sell obviously does not know sprint runs or PM2s. You guys realize the black G10 s30v ones are hard to keep in stock?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I guess your original post wasn't clear enough.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I guess your original post wasn't clear enough.
Either that or my intellect is without parallel!! :cool: :p
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

twinboysdad wrote:There are times throughout this thread that I think The Gringo is the only person who "got" my OP. Never ever never were combo edges mentioned. I said commission a 1200 piece run of Cruwear PM2's and make 300 or so of them SE. Anyone who does not think that the 300 super exclusive pieces of an already exclusive 1200 piece run would not sell obviously does not know sprint runs or PM2s. You guys realize the black G10 s30v ones are hard to keep in stock?
Honestly I thought the point was clear as I understood it. Cruwear is a steel that a lot of people seem to like and has not been offered in a PM2. So that will sell. People also are seeming to be interested in a PM2 that is SE, so that seems like it would sell also. So if you combine the 2 and offer 900 PE Cruwear and 300 SE Cruwear sprint run on the PM2 platform it should be a sure winner. I would agree wholeheartedly.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

My wife would say you are correct and that is a reoccurrence with me...ADD and all that
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

twinboysdad wrote:
My wife would say you are correct and that is a reoccurrence with me...ADD and all that
I think it is a good idea now that I understand what you meant. It would be a good way to test the market on its level of interest in serrated sprints/exclusives.

@liquid_cobra