CS Exclusive Orange Manix 2 LW..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Manix 2 LW..

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Skywalker wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Crazy! The first DLC treatment on a CPM steel other than S30V, right?
The blacked out LW Native 5 is DLC on CPM S35VN, if memory serves.
Thanks Skywalker, that was a decent-sized brain fart on my part right there ;) :D

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Crazy! The first DLC treatment on a CPM steel other than S30V, right?
Sorry RadioActive, not to kick you while your down but Cutlery Shoppe just released the DLC PM2 with XHP steel.

:o
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sorry RadioActive, not to kick you while your down but Cutlery Shoppe just released the DLC PM2 with XHP steel.

:o
Oh. CPM...not CTS...NM HAHA
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
The blacked out LW Native 5 is DLC on CPM S35VN, if memory serves.
Thanks Skywalker, that was a decent-sized brain fart on my part right there ;) :D

(-pic of all the lw N5s-)
I mean, you've got so many there I guess it's understandable if you forget one every once in a while. :D
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Have CS confirmed what blade steel this knife will have and if it will be dlc coated?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
swigert

Post by swigert »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Have CS confirmed what blade steel this knife will have and if it will be dlc coated?
Sal said he thinks S90V would be best. Also CS said they believe they are getting both Satin and DLC.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

swigert wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:Have CS confirmed what blade steel this knife will have and if it will be dlc coated?
Sal said he thinks S90V would be best. Also CS said they believe they are getting both Satin and DLC.
Ouch :eek: S90V lw Manix in orange would be awesome, especially if it comes in at around the same price point of the S110V version :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Cutlery shoppe posted on their Facebook page today that the Orange LW Manix 2 might be S90V.

Edit: Apparently both in satin and DLC
Aww, I would have been much more excited for something like cruwear...or 3v.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Since I have passed on the S110V version at a great price multiple times now I am not thrilled about the S90V option. Passed on a S110V ManixLW at the seconds sale and it was cheap. I have a safety orange VG10 Delica that I use as a backpacking knife because it is lightweight and difficult to lose with its bright color. VG10 is also easy to sharpen in the field so it is a great lightweight backpacking knife. If this ManixLW was XHP like I expected or even better an easy to maintain semi stainless tool steel I would consider picking it up as another great backpacking option. I just don't carry bright orange knives for EDC, I prefer something more subdued but when in the woods bright orange things are terrific and very easy to find when set down on the ground or dropped.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
m4d

Post by m4d »

Surfingringo wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Cutlery shoppe posted on their Facebook page today that the Orange LW Manix 2 might be S90V.

Edit: Apparently both in satin and DLC
Aww, I would have been much more excited for something like cruwear...or 3v.
+1. Cruwear or 3V would be really nice. Also maybe something like M390, 204P, or 20CV.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I was thinking 154CM Manix 2, but that of course was not CPM :o
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Ashton

Post by Ashton »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Since I have passed on the S110V version at a great price multiple times now I am not thrilled about the S90V option. Passed on a S110V ManixLW at the seconds sale and it was cheap. I have a safety orange VG10 Delica that I use as a backpacking knife because it is lightweight and difficult to lose with its bright color. VG10 is also easy to sharpen in the field so it is a great lightweight backpacking knife. If this ManixLW was XHP like I expected or even better an easy to maintain semi stainless tool steel I would consider picking it up as another great backpacking option. I just don't carry bright orange knives for EDC, I prefer something more subdued but when in the woods bright orange things are terrific and very easy to find when set down on the ground or dropped.
I with you on that. I wish this was 'just' a VG10 steel, as I was planning on this being a backpacking knife as well. I don't have any experience with S90V, but do have the S110V version and like that. I'll just have to think about it more depending on the exact steel that they end up using.
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

Also saw that post on CS face book page, such great news! It definitely makes this exclusive easily one of my most interested Spydie in 2016.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
Studey

Post by Studey »

I thought this could use a bump! Can't wait for this version...don't have a Manix 2 anymore!

This is from back in February, but still...

"Visits with Sal are always a treat, especially when he's showing off a handle set for our upcoming lightweight orange Manix 2 exclusive. We asked Sal to pick the steel he thought would be best for this project - and his answer was S90V. Stay tuned for details when the project is closer. As will all USA produced exclusives, the lead time is quite long."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

S90V is pretty darn decent. I'll be happy with that. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

I wonder if they'll have a combo blade version. For those of us who like them.
palonej

Post by palonej »

Was hoping it was going to be the same style as the PM2 exclusive with orange G10 and DLC XHP........would've looked awesome with the PM2 side by side!!
Would LOVE more trans colors!! Deep red, smokey gray, deep orange..........
Prob pass on this one.......and I do NOT say that often!!!
Joe
Studey

Post by Studey »

palonej wrote:Was hoping it was going to be the same style as the PM2 exclusive with orange G10 and DLC XHP........would've looked awesome with the PM2 side by side!!
Would LOVE more trans colors!! Deep red, smokey gray, deep orange..........
Prob pass on this one.......and I do NOT say that often!!!
Joe

CS has said they'll likely do DLC blades as well as satin.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

aquaman67 wrote:I wonder if they'll have a combo blade version. For those of us who like them.
Or CE and SE, would also love a lightweight with a SE or a CE that is 2/3 serrated.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Scratching my head at people who want 3v or cruwear in a lightweight model........ you would never get to appreciate the steel.

They are going to need to price it at or below the s110v model in order to get buyers