A few cool salts saying hello from Kansas!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderHS08

A few cool salts saying hello from Kansas!

Post by spyderHS08 »

Hey all,

As some of you may have seen my other recent thread, I just finished up a little mod on my yellow salt 1, giving it more of a point. I wanted to share that with you all as well as the rest of my salty collection! Ive got a couple unique ones in there, I think anyway ;)

here they are, First up is my absolute favorite sporting my college colors (Go Shockers!). I was so excited when the salts started coming with screw construction instead of pinned like my first couple. This meant time for some swapping! Anyway, pac salt with a blade swap from all the black se version, next is my used and abused spyderhawk, yes this is my main yard work knife (sorry collectors but this one is too ergonomic to let set in the safe :D ) then we have my yellow rit dyed red tasman salt se, salt 1 that was modded to a point literally 15 minutes ago, all black salt 1 se i received in the mail yesterday, and last but not least my little blade swapped from an orange vg-10 dragonfly, I now have my orange dragonfly salt.

SpyderNut

Re: A few cool salts saying hello from Kansas!

Post by SpyderNut »

Very nice, man! The custom handle jobs are really cool. I really like the Spyderhawk too. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
palonej

Post by palonej »

Awesome line up bro!!
Joe
swigert

Post by swigert »

Nice! Thanks for sharing! What do you tend to do in a wet environment that you put those to use in?
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Thanks guys!
And swigert, usually it's either fishing, or the sweaty & humid conditions here that I like to carry them in. Whether it's a really wet spring, or sweaty hot summer I prefer the salt line. Also love the reassurance that I can use em hard outside in the yard or at the lake and not worry about cleaning em right away :cool:
And the H1 serrations are top notch, also I prefer the lighter weight and simplicity they have.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sweet mod's!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Great Salt collection, should make Lance proud! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

I really need to grab a larger hawkbill....my USN H1 Ladybug SE gets used EVERY DAY. I am amazed at how handy it is. I really to try it out in a larger size!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

spyderHS08 wrote:Thanks guys!
And swigert, usually it's either fishing, or the sweaty & humid conditions here that I like to carry them in. Whether it's a really wet spring, or sweaty hot summer I prefer the salt line. Also love the reassurance that I can use em hard outside in the yard or at the lake and not worry about cleaning em right away :cool:
And the H1 serrations are top notch, also I prefer the lighter weight and simplicity they have.
Yes to all of this. The salt knives are my go to work knives. Sometimes I wish the pe H1 had a bit better edge retention but I've got plenty of other steels to fill that need.

My Pacific Salt hasn't been properly cleaned in well over a year. I sometimes give it a brisk rinse in the ocean water...sometimes I don't even bother with that. It has literally been over a year since it got a fresh water bath and I can't remember the last time it didn't have some dried fish blood on it. I'm not advocating this extreme lack of maintenance but I know I can get away with it so my salts have just become tools that I completely ignore when it comes to cleaning. I've got one laying in the sink now that is covered in the residue of yesterday's work. It will go into my waistband and back out on the water here in about 10 minutes. :)