HAP40 Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ferris Wheels

Re: HAP40 Stretch

Post by Ferris Wheels »

These are available for order again on Knifeworks with an estimated ship date of 2/11/2016. Just got my order in, will make a nice valentines day present.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

swigert wrote:Every time I see these I want one but then I remember the stretch just isn't for me. I think I'm even gonna sell my SB one. Something just doesn't click. Weird. It's ine of those models I thought I would love.
I've handled the stretch a couple of times and have had a similar reaction. I'm going to give it a real shot this time though. The steel was enough motivation for me. I plan to regrind the spine as soon as I get mine too. :cool:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Surfingringo wrote:
swigert wrote:Every time I see these I want one but then I remember the stretch just isn't for me. I think I'm even gonna sell my SB one. Something just doesn't click. Weird. It's ine of those models I thought I would love.
I've handled the stretch a couple of times and have had a similar reaction. I'm going to give it a real shot this time though. The steel was enough motivation for me. I plan to regrind the spine as soon as I get mine too. :cool:
I'd have to agree here... I passed on this one already.

I really wanted to love the Stretch and had probably 4-5 of them at one point, including the old CF one and Evil's favorite SE FRN one. I've since sold every last one of them. I have kept my Ketchen Koa-scaled Stretch 2 but I confess it's far too pretty to use (an issue with many of the ones he makes for me).

I sure am ready for the little guys though, bring on the Dfly and M/LBugs!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

Surfingringo wrote:
Excited to see that mod. When will you have yours in hand lance?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I'm having it mailed down here. Probably a couple of weeks. I even got a backup in the states. Now I'm not scared to go crazy with my blade mod. :D
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

in stock at BHQ, just fyi, enjoy
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I snatched one up from Blade HQ. I look forward to testing it out versus my CF/ZDP 189 Stretch as a light to medium duty slicer. I like to run thin angles so I'll have to reprofile the HAP to 7 degrees per side with a 15 per side microbevel so the geometry matches. Considering that I run CPM M4 at those angles HAP 40 should be able to handle it pretty easily, and get really sharp to boot.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I got the HAP-40 Delica -LOVE IT! The Endura is a bit too big, but the Stretch? YES!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Hap40 Stretch up for oder @ KnifeWorks..the nice lady @ KW's said they got them in today and have a few left in stock..Limit One Per Customer..
Last edited by Philo Beddoe on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Double post.
FK

Post by FK »

Ordered a HAP-40 Stretch from Knife Works today.

Already have the Stretch in ZDP-189 and really like the handle comfort.

Regards,
FK
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Good time to check Knifeworks. :D
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Tick tock, tick tock, pick up my stretch at 4 o'clock.

--I am going to modify the blade profile on mine as soon as I get it. Don't know if it will turn out like I'm hoping or be a total disaster. I will post pics either way.
Barkdog

Post by Barkdog »

Ding dong, ding dong, patience rewarded for waiting so long...

To Surfingringo: I always enjoy your posts, but your enthusiasm for HAP40 pushed me over the edge into buying my first Sprint Run. Many thanks... she'll be a keeper for sure. (FYI my VG10 stretch has been fantastic, my "if I could only have one" knife choice... hoping you enjoy yours!)

To the rest of you, I hope this color comparison helps. If anything, the burnt orange appears in this photo (and on my monitor) as slightly brighter than it appears in person. "Butterscotch" is a good call for describing the burnt orange... it's fantastic.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Barkdog wrote:Ding dong, ding dong, patience rewarded for waiting so long...

To Surfingringo: I always enjoy your posts, but your enthusiasm for HAP40 pushed me over the edge into buying my first Sprint Run. Many thanks... she'll be a keeper for sure. (FYI my VG10 stretch has been fantastic, my "if I could only have one" knife choice... hoping you enjoy yours!)

To the rest of you, I hope this color comparison helps. If anything, the burnt orange appears in this photo (and on my monitor) as slightly brighter than it appears in person. "Butterscotch" is a good call for describing the burnt orange... it's fantastic.

I think this is a great color representation.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surfingringo wrote:Tick tock, tick tock, pick up my stretch at 4 o'clock.

--I am going to modify the blade profile on mine as soon as I get it. Don't know if it will turn out like I'm hoping or be a total disaster. I will post pics either way.
Hey Lance, are you gonna just remove the hump or try to give it a little clip. I have always though the plain edge clip point blade from the Dyad would work great in the Stretch handle and have even seen a few done that way a few times. It looks sweet. I have thought about doing this for years now and just haven't. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, maybe it will push me over the edge. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Tick tock, tick tock, pick up my stretch at 4 o'clock.

Hey Lance, are you gonna just remove the hump or try to give it a little clip. I have always though the plain edge clip point blade from the Dyad would work great in the Stretch handle and have even seen a few done that way a few times. It looks sweet. I have thought about doing this for years now and just haven't. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, maybe it will push me over the edge. :)
Hey Darby, I just saw this post. Picked the knife up a few hours ago and modified the blade as soon as I got home. I'm pleased with the result. I might round off the transition angle or may just leave it as it is.

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It looks good!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That looks real good Lance, almost looks like a giant jester, I actually like it better than stock, maybe I'll pick up another and do something similar.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
m4d

Post by m4d »

That does look really nice.