Introvert

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zefside Zol

Introvert

Post by Zefside Zol »

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.

Who else is looking :D forward to the new introvert?

I think its an interesting design odd looking yes but looks like it would make a good companion at work.

What do you guys think .
SpeedHoles

Re: Introvert

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah, this looks like a good design. Both useful (can use your hand with the finger through the ring) and innovative with the backlock flipper.
I like the negative blade angle.

I feel like many potential buyers may skim over this one based on a quick glance at the looks, and miss out on the utilitarian design. Seems many Spyderco greats start off that way.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Zefside Zol, the introvert is unique thats for sure, I'm still undecided on whether I will pick one up or not, I'll probably wait to see what others here have to say about it once it drops.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
araneae

Post by araneae »

Still looking forward to this one. It's the kind of design only Spyderco could pull off and having fondled the proto I can't wait to see the final execution.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Welcome to the forum and our disease.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Spydergimbo

Post by Spydergimbo »

I want one, because I like it and I am a introvert myself.
PM1

Post by PM1 »

The Introvert is something that I'm really looking forward to seeing. Not only is it a cool design, but it is very lefty friendly. I also notice the blade is thin, so I'm hoping it will be a very slicey grind.
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

I will definitely be getting one!!!
Anyone know when they will be dropping?

Kind of reminds me of a Swick. . .a folding Swick, now that's cool!!!
Could be a good "get off me" SD knife too.

BN.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Big Nick wrote: Kind of reminds me of a Swick. . .a folding Swick, now that's cool!!!
Could be a good "get off me" SD knife too.

BN.
You get it. If I were to sum up the design, I'd call it a "martial arts and crafts" knife. If you're into FMA, it is a good knife for you. Originally, I wanted to name it the Crossada because that's the technique it does the best both in heaven and earth grips, but that name had been taken. There are lots of hidden goodies in the design for people who do standard, and RGEO. Also, it looks like Japan might have inadvertently put the bottle opener back into the design. The original had a bottle opener on the back of the blade, the prototypes had the corner taken off, and the production prototype had the point again. I can't wait to get one and try to open a beer with it.

Knifecenter is saying late May/Early June. I wouldn't bet my life on that though.
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

Anyone have an idea of the cost?