What's your favorite work knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mike3398

What's your favorite work knife

Post by Mike3398 »

So what does everyone use for work I like my gray delica 4 or my dark blue native 5
Distinguished ambassador of the American knife and tool Institute
Holland

Re: What's your favorite work knife

Post by Holland »

When I worked construction I found myself carrying the Delica, caly 3, para2, gayle bradley, and chaparral the most. The Delica was definitely my favourite at the end
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like to carry a Para2 and a Delica4 together at work.

Welcome to the forum!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Chaparral for the office work, Gayle Bradley 1 for real work.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

PM2 and Manix2lw rotate as my work knives.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
osprey

Post by osprey »

Tasman salt SE and Pac salt SE
Holland

Post by Holland »

Pics for fun

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearded_scout

Post by bearded_scout »

I love my Manix 2 G10 and hopefully soon the Native 5 lw
"Only a man who has faced down death can truly appreciate life"
Sam Golson 2005
" A sharp blade is a good indicator of a sharp mind"

Bearded Scout 2016
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Couple of my favorites for actually working in the field are the Manix2 LW S110V and Gayle Bradley. When in the office my Slysz Bowie.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

My favorite "work Knife?"?? Well actually I have quite a few favorite Spyderco Work Knives. It really depends on what I'm doing job-wise or in the kitchen or in my outdoor ventures.

Today for instance I'm just doing some mundane tasks around the house and I'm using my M390 MILITARY model along with my battle scarred 440V SE Native model. Here lately that's pretty much been my "Dynamic Duo" for general purposes. I'm currently without my SE Harpy but have another one on the way. For some reason I lose more Harpy models than I do any other Spyders. Truly I've lost more Hawkbill models over the past 5 years as well as many smaller bladed Spyders than I have any other types of Spyders over the years.

When it comes to fixed blades I use I've put more miles on my TEMPERANCE 1 and STREETBEAT models than I have any others up till now. In spite of my dedicated love of the SPYDEREDGE I still use my plain edged models about 60 to 65% of the time. But when I need a Spyderedge I tend to use Hawkbills more than most of my Spyderedged blades. When I have a really rough cutting job I find that nothing works like a Spyderedge.
Mike3398

Post by Mike3398 »

This is what I have today
Attachments
20160208_130336_resized.jpg
41Mag

Post by 41Mag »

GB1 or an Endura
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Mule or Military for me, depending on the job.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Ladybug or Manbug of some variety is my preference Mon.--Fri. while at work. The bigger knives come out to play on the weekends. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
swigert

Post by swigert »

Para 2 is my beater and real hard use knife. It takes a beatin and keeps on going.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

swigert wrote:Para 2 is my beater and real hard use knife. It takes a beatin and keeps on going.
Well "Swigert" it sounds to me like your "Para2" model is like what my 440V SE Native is to me. I have used my 440v SE Native on two jobs that I thought would surely destroy it. On one job in particular I had even resigned myself to believe that the job at hand would indeed destroy the Native. But much to my most pleasant surprise it not only survived the job but it really didn't suffer much damage at all. Let me tell you that it made me believer in FRN handles which I originally didn't have that much faith in.

I don't know which blade steel your Para2 has but I can tell you that 440V can really take an immense amount of abuse. I truly wish they would offer the Para2 or it's big Brother the C-36 Military model in Spyderedge because if they did I would retire my SE Native because I would like something just a tad bigger than the Native>> and what I like about the PARAMILITARY and MILITARY models both is that they are also GOLDEN CO USA made Spyders just like the NATIVE.
Mike3398

Post by Mike3398 »

I have the brown handle s35v Para 2 love it I use that camping
swigert

Post by swigert »

JD Spydo wrote:
swigert wrote:Para 2 is my beater and real hard use knife. It takes a beatin and keeps on going.
Well "Swigert" it sounds to me like your "Para2" model is like what my 440V SE Native is to me. I have used my 440v SE Native on two jobs that I thought would surely destroy it. On one job in particular I had even resigned myself to believe that the job at hand would indeed destroy the Native. But much to my most pleasant surprise it not only survived the job but it really didn't suffer much damage at all. Let me tell you that it made me believer in FRN handles which I originally didn't have that much faith in.

I don't know which blade steel your Para2 has but I can tell you that 440V can really take an immense amount of abuse. I truly wish they would offer the Para2 or it's big Brother the C-36 Military model in Spyderedge because if they did I would retire my SE Native because I would like something just a tad bigger than the Native>> and what I like about the PARAMILITARY and MILITARY models both is that they are also GOLDEN CO USA made Spyders just like the NATIVE.
It's just good ol s30v. Nice scratches on the blade. A little uneven grind from the factory. It's a great work knife.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I don't necessarily know that it's my "favorite" work knife, but this one is my most used for work for several reasons:

1. I got it as a factory second, so I don't feel bad using it hard or letting other people use it.
2. If I let someone else borrow it and they set it down, the bright orange makes it easy to find again.
3. Just about anybody can figure out how to close a liner lock (again, for those times I let someone else use it).
4. The blade size makes it very flexible for various tasks, from cutting fruit and chopping through branches, to making fuzz sticks and slicing rope. It's just small enough that it's not unwieldy, but large enough that there are very few cutting tasks where a bigger knife is needed.

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden