OFFICIAL 2015 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
demoncase

Re: OFFICIAL 2015 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Thread

Post by demoncase »

SpeedHoles wrote:
demoncase wrote:Belated post from us in Europe-

Heinnie Hayes have/had the Junior at 40% off retail and the Nishijin Cricket for 40% off too.

Is Black Friday/small-business Sat/Cyber Monday a recognizable thing in Europe?
The former and the latter, sadly....

Though, this year, it seems most folks bought online and avoided the madness.
Last year, there was even a stabbing in Ikea not too far from me over a £99 leather sofa.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Hurry hurry hurry! Des horn folder on lightning deal on Amazon! $62.41
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Cujobob wrote:Hurry hurry hurry! Des horn folder on lightning deal on Amazon! $62.41
Dang you cujobob now I just bought a des horn... Never even wanted one till now. Excited though :) Thanks for the heads up
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Cujobob wrote:Hurry hurry hurry! Des horn folder on lightning deal on Amazon! $62.41
Ugh. Dear lord... I must... resist... the... temptation... must... :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

You guys are killing me! Weren't they around $100 on STP when they were discontinued?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:You guys are killing me! Weren't they around $100 on STP when they were discontinued?
Yep. The best price I've seen in a year is around $99 (plus shipping & handling). I just bought a bunch of stuff, so I'll probably be wise to pass...

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

SpyderNut wrote:
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:You guys are killing me! Weren't they around $100 on STP when they were discontinued?
Yep. The best price I've seen in a year is around $99 (plus shipping & handling). I just bought a bunch of stuff, so I'll probably be wise to pass...
I hope I can match your wisdom.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
We need to form a support group, lol. :) Anti-peer-pressure, or something like that. ;) Haha!

Capt'n Boatsalot

SpyderNut wrote:
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
We need to form a support group, lol. :) Anti-peer-pressure, or something like that. ;) Haha!
I'd participate, but don't put me in charge. We'd fail almost immediately! So far, I'm doing pretty well only picking up blades that have been on my 'annual' plan, but I have to resist some of the deals ending tonight.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Good lord. $62 for a Taichung knife?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
I'd participate, but don't put me in charge. We'd fail almost immediately! So far, I'm doing pretty well only picking up blades that have been on my 'annual' plan, but I have to resist some of the deals ending tonight.
Good plan, brother. I've had to literally avert my eyes from the specific deals listed here because my will-power is essentially nil. :o It'll sting a little tonight not buying on the deals, but I'll feel better about myself in the morning.

TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

You guys are evil. I saw the deal was 88% percent claimed so I clicked a few times and now I'm $72 poorer because I threw a fisher space pen in the cart lol.

Literally a minute later and the deal was gone, and it's back up to $123.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

This is getting dangerous.
Going back to Caly.
Capt'n Boatsalot

TheOutdoorNerd wrote:You guys are evil. I saw the deal was 88% percent claimed so I clicked a few times and now I'm $72 poorer because I threw a fisher space pen in the cart lol.

Alright! I made it. And congrats on your new one.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

demoncase wrote: Last year, there was even a stabbing in Ikea not too far from me over a £99 leather sofa.
Yeah, but it was a leather Ikea sofa...
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
TheOutdoorNerd wrote:You guys are evil. I saw the deal was 88% percent claimed so I clicked a few times and now I'm $72 poorer because I threw a fisher space pen in the cart lol.

Alright! I made it. And congrats on your new one.
Thanks! And to you as well.

Sometimes I think I'm turning into an old lady on Home Shopping Network, and then I remember, oh yeah, this stuff is worth what we're paying.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Monday I was pretty well set to buy a black Nishijin Cricket and had got my wife to go along with it... but then I saw where I could get a CF Sage 3 for $117 and diplomatically stepped her up to that idea and ordered it instead... then this evening I cautiously mentioned that KnivesShipFree is clearancing out their black Crickets for $69.33 and only had 9 left (she's always sort of liked crickets) so I guessed maybe I'd better order one of those too before they're all gone :rolleyes: :cool: It'll go nicely with my nishi R :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

DougC-3 wrote:Monday I was pretty well set to buy a black Nishijin Cricket and had got my wife to go along with it... but then I saw where I could get a CF Sage 3 for $117 and diplomatically stepped her up to that idea and ordered it instead... then this evening I cautiously mentioned that KnivesShipFree is clearancing out their black Crickets for $69.33 and only had 9 left (she's always sort of liked crickets) so I guessed maybe I'd better order one of those too before they're all gone :rolleyes: :cool: It'll go nicely with my nishi R :D

Oh yeah, the R + Crick will be a great do-it-all combo to carry!

And I guess it's worth mentioning here; someone else brought up in a different thread that osogrande knives site is having 10% off $100 or more all week... the code is right on their site.
Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

DougC-3 wrote:Monday I was pretty well set to buy a black Nishijin Cricket and had got my wife to go along with it... but then I saw where I could get a CF Sage 3 for $117 and diplomatically stepped her up to that idea and ordered it instead... then this evening I cautiously mentioned that KnivesShipFree is clearancing out their black Crickets for $69.33 and only had 9 left (she's always sort of liked crickets) so I guessed maybe I'd better order one of those too before they're all gone :rolleyes: :cool: It'll go nicely with my nishi R :D

Nice!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Cool shot!! If there was anything big and SE in nishi, for limb lopping, it would truly be an all purpose trio :D
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Nice!!!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.