Spydercos at 50%+ off MSRP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: Spydercos at 50%+ off MSRP

Post by SpyderNut »

dogrunner wrote:I can't decide whether this thread is a big PSA (public service announcement) [thanks Ramzar :)]
or a big wallet buster :)
Agreed. :) If nothing else, it'll likely get me in a bit of hot water with my wife, lol. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, RamZar!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

dogrunner wrote:I can't decide whether this thread is a big PSA (public service announcement) [thanks Ramzar :)]
Both
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote:Some are the newly discontinued items and others slow selling. Since Spyderco's MAP enforcement (40% off MSRP) kicks in on 1.1.2016 I thought I'd list some Spydercos currently at 50% or more off MSRP while they last. Of course, there are many other Spydercos which you can currently get for 40.1% to 49.9% off MSRP.

Knife Center
  • Caly3 CF ZDP: 50% off
It was less couple days ago. I paid $115 with MSRP $260.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Deacon wrote:
RamZar wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:Providing direct links would definitely qualify as spam (unauthorized advertising). This thread is already skating on the edge of being spam, and that would push it over for certain.
Is that your opinion?
More often than not, I agree with Jack. This is one of the instances where I do not. I see nothing wrong with this thread, and here's why:

It's generally considered bad form to post deals at a single dealer as it tends to make folks suspect the OP has some connection to that dealer and is advertising for them, which is against the rules. On the other hand, there's a thread called "Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places" that's been running here since 2007, runs for 27 pages, and was last posted to just a few days ago. Heck, more than a few posts in that one do have links, (although I'd question whether someone too lazy to do a bit of digging once pointed in the right direction deserves a bargain). My point though, is that if there was a policy against sharing information about bargains when it's obvious the OP will not profit from them, that one would have been closed years ago.

Oh, and thanks, I took advantage of CS's price to order another Stretch 2. :o :D
Some good points there and I too got a Stretch 2 ZDP-189 Brown G-10.
Last edited by RamZar on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

At least a double-edged blade indeed! :)

However, just wanted to give it a push for the holidays and the fact that MAP kicks in on 1.1.2016.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

bh49 wrote:
RamZar wrote:Some are the newly discontinued items and others slow selling. Since Spyderco's MAP enforcement (40% off MSRP) kicks in on 1.1.2016 I thought I'd list some Spydercos currently at 50% or more off MSRP while they last. Of course, there are many other Spydercos which you can currently get for 40.1% to 49.9% off MSRP.

Knife Center
  • Caly3 CF ZDP: 50% off
It was less couple days ago. I paid $115 with MSRP $260.
Seems like my error. Caly 3 ZDP/CF is 56% off MSRP at Knife Center ($114.95 shipped).

Corrected post #1.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Once MAP kicks in, threads like this one should ought to be verboten ... at least here. Seems to me like it goes against the spirit of MAP.

Gordon
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

THANK YOU RAMZAR, what a great service!

Let's all relax about buy/sell info on the list. The whole point of Spyderco, as a business, is to sell. This is helping sellers sell. And tonight I'm in a buying mood. One of the main reasons I visit the list is to find precisely this sort of information.
Last edited by Bolster on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

+1 Thank you very much Ramzar. This has been a big help to me and saved me a ton of money on 3 great new Spydercos. Very much appreciated.
I hope this comes up again next year. There are plenty of ways around MAP as at least one of the dealers I bought from proved this year. I don't see how Topics like this that lets us all by more Spydercos is a bad thing IMHO. :)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The past 24 hours I've bought two Spydercos that I absolutely would not have but did due to the 50%+ discounts: Stretch ZDP/G-10 and Schempp Bowie! It's a win for everybody.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

This sort of information leads to additional sales (if anybody at Spyderco is listening). I had no inclination to purchase an Air Bradley until this thread got me investigating, whereupon spotted a good deal, and jumped.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

RamZar wrote:The past 24 hours I've bought two Spydercos that I absolutely would not have but did due to the 50%+ discounts: Stretch ZDP/G-10 and Schempp Bowie! It's a win for everybody.
Man are you going to be glad you snagged that Bowie, been fondling mine the last couple days and am still amazed at the F&F on this one. The transition between the brass bolster and CF is simply perfect, hard to believe its a production knife. Also love how it fits my hand, there's just something special about Schempps designs.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

As I mentioned last night in the Cyber Monday thread, National Knives has the Stretch 2 for only $165, 10 bucks less than half off. But IIRC they may have a small S&H charge. I tried to log in and see, but got into one of those situations where they won't let you log in because your email address is already being used by someone... you. I hate when that happens. Also I'm very un-fond of people forcing you to log in and go through the entire purchase procedure including address, credit card, etc, before they'll tell you the shipping charges. But other than that, I've had several pleasant transactions with them, won two bug sets, and enjoy the smiley faces Roger draws on the invoices.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Just grabbed a CF Sage 3 from Reds Gear. It was $132.99 minus $10 (code WINTER10) for $122.99 or ~49%. I also got another $5 off for reward points. I think this discount will go at least to midnight CST, so better hurry.

This is a long overdue gap filler in my collection, along with my new CF Chap. Other than mules, they're my only examples of Taichung craftsmanship, plus I love the bolt action lock. Even though I've been interested in getting as many examples of materials and origin places as possible, I've somehow missed out on knives from the Taichung factory. I have a Cat, but I think they're made in Taipei.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

DougC-3 wrote:As I mentioned last night in the Cyber Monday thread, National Knives has the Stretch 2 for only $165, 10 bucks less than half off. But IIRC they may have a small S&H charge. I tried to log in and see, but got into one of those situations where they won't let you log in because your email address is already being used by someone... you. I hate when that happens. Also I'm very un-fond of people forcing you to log in and go through the entire purchase procedure including address, credit card, etc, before they'll tell you the shipping charges. But other than that, I've had several pleasant transactions with them, won two bug sets, and enjoy the smiley faces Roger draws on the invoices.
Agree entirely with the part about forcing logging in before getting the total price. Wish that price would show as soon as you view your cart. FWIW... I believe National's normal (likely 1st class) shipping is $3.99 and Priority Mail is $5.99. I sprung for Priority when I got my S110V PM2 from them back in Sept. :cool:
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

More from GP Knives (updated post #1):
  • Chubby 51.4% off
  • Bradley Bowie 50% off
  • Rubicon 52% off
  • Spin Blue Nishijin 51.46%
  • Cricket Blue Nishijin 51.9%
  • Cricket Nishijin 50.35%
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I can't afford to save that much money.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Not 50% but 48% off. Terzuola Starmate
http://www.gpknives.com/spydercostarmatefolder.html
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The "new and improved" Starmate appears on the Spyderco website,
but is not included in the recently released 2016 catalog.
So, I guess it is to be discontinued.
Not sure if that has any significance. Just throwing it in.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Mad Mac wrote:The "new and improved" Starmate appears on the Spyderco website,
but is not included in the recently released 2016 catalog.
So, I guess it is to be discontinued.
Not sure if that has any significance. Just throwing it in.
Ahhhh, I missed that thanks. I like the new Starmate much better, much smoother lines, thanks for the heads up!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.