Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
flipe8

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by flipe8 »

El Gato wrote:
flipe8 wrote:Another guy waiting for a CF Chaparral to arrive!
Congratulations! Prepare to be impressed.
I love mine. ;)
Thanks! I got it about an hour ago and initial impressions are very positive. As an owner of a number of Taichung Spydies over the past few years, this guy lives up to the reputation of amazingly well finished Spydercos , once again. My initial thoughts are that this is the best finished lock-back folder I've yet to own.

Hopefully, Sal & Co. will consider building some more lock-backs in the Taichung factory moving forward :spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

demoncase wrote:Sprint Run R Nishijin :)
This is one of my favorites. Not too big, not too little, plus a choil for choking up. And I love the thinness of the handle. Wish it were a regular production model available in different steels and handle materials. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

The Adventura should be here today.

Out for delivery :D
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

CF Sage 1 on the way to go with my Sage 2. Great knives.
I liked my new CF Chaparral so much I had to get a CF Sage.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

flipe8 wrote:
El Gato wrote:
flipe8 wrote:Another guy waiting for a CF Chaparral to arrive!
Congratulations! Prepare to be impressed.
I love mine. ;)
Thanks! I got it about an hour ago and initial impressions are very positive. As an owner of a number of Taichung Spydies over the past few years, this guy lives up to the reputation of amazingly well finished Spydercos , once again. My initial thoughts are that this is the best finished lock-back folder I've yet to own.

Hopefully, Sal & Co. will consider building some more lock-backs in the Taichung factory moving forward :spyder:
The fit and finish of the Chap is in a different class than most lock backs, but if you can find a Sage4.... :cool:
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

abbazaba wrote:
The fit and finish of the Chap is in a different class than most lock backs, but if you can find a Sage4.... :cool:
Yeah, I should be considering one. If the F&F of the 4 is on par with the 3 or 2, I'd be very impressed :spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Still waiting on my CF Chap... Seller got paid 3 days ago, still no evidence of shipping :( I was hoping to have it by now.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

DougC-3 wrote:Still waiting on my CF Chap... Seller got paid 3 days ago, still no evidence of shipping :( I was hoping to have it by now.
Well that's disappointing for sure. Hopefully it will be on its way today. :(
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Ordered a CF Sage 1 from Roger over at KW yesterday.
I have the Sage 2 but so many here have posted about the CF version I had to try one myself. t should be here tomorrow.
Editor Emeritus

Post by Editor Emeritus »

Sage 1, had one then sold it, and kicked my own *** repeatedly. So, bought a new one and should be here wednesday...
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Bit on the Air since it is discontinued. Also have been waiting over a month for a preorder Endura hap-40 and brown tenacious from KW.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Just got my Native 5 LW today. WOW. I own over a dozen Spydies and never bit on a Native before. I guess I always thought it was a little ugly. First impression was that it was smaller and fatter than I thought it would be, but the ergonomics are spot on and the utility of it could be unmatched. Not sure what knife in my rotation it will dethrone (manix? chaparral?), but its definitely getting some pocket time. As much as lock backs have recently grown on me, I really do wish it had the same lockup as the manix, or pm2 even.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

abbazaba wrote:Just got my Native 5 LW today. WOW. I own over a dozen Spydies and never bit on a Native before. I guess I always thought it was a little ugly. First impression was that it was smaller and fatter than I thought it would be, but the ergonomics are spot on and the utility of it could be unmatched. Not sure what knife in my rotation it will dethrone (manix? chaparral?), but its definitely getting some pocket time. As much as lock backs have recently grown on me, I really do wish it had the same lockup as the manix, or pm2 even.

What do you mean by "the same lockup"?
Going back to Caly.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

SpeedHoles wrote:
abbazaba wrote:Just got my Native 5 LW today. WOW. I own over a dozen Spydies and never bit on a Native before. I guess I always thought it was a little ugly. First impression was that it was smaller and fatter than I thought it would be, but the ergonomics are spot on and the utility of it could be unmatched. Not sure what knife in my rotation it will dethrone (manix? chaparral?), but its definitely getting some pocket time. As much as lock backs have recently grown on me, I really do wish it had the same lockup as the manix, or pm2 even.

Same type/mechanism/technology. Sorry for the confusion, the lockup seems plenty strong of course. **** LG G4 keyboard.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

abbazaba wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

Same lock type/mechanism/technology. Sorry for the confusion, the lockup seems plenty strong of course. Dang LG G4 keyboard.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Cruwear M2, finally...against the advice of some...(bentobox shop) uugghh...I'm too lazy to troll for a good deal, and too weak to wait any longer !!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

BTG wrote:Cruwear M2, finally...against the advice of some...(bentobox shop) uugghh...I'm too lazy to troll for a good deal, and too weak to wait any longer !!
Regardless of the place, you'll enjoy the knife. The Cruwear M2 is one of my favorites. :)
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
BTG wrote:Cruwear M2, finally...against the advice of some...(bentobox shop) uugghh...I'm too lazy to troll for a good deal, and too weak to wait any longer !!
Regardless of the place, you'll enjoy the knife. The Cruwear M2 is one of my favorites. :)
I like my Cruwear Military so much I bought a second one. And yes, both purchased from my friends at Bento Box Shop. BBS is so close to me in location I enjoy second day delivery here.

As in many things in life, "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". I hope you enjoy your new Cruwear M2. :)
BTG

Post by BTG »

Thanks, I feel guilty when I cave...they get ya 3 times, high price, high tax, and high shipping (for reg USPS). But yet I go back!!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I've weakened.

Heinnie Hayes had the Junior with 40% off in their Black Friday sale.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/