Would you buy a G10 Centofante 3 or 4 sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a G10 Centofante 3 or 4 sprint?

Yes!
88%
No thanks.
12%

Total votes: 51

SpyderNut

Re: Would you buy a G10 Centofante 3 or 4 sprint?

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
bh49 wrote:
Evil D wrote:I was thinking more about this, and I wonder if there are some issues with doing another sprint since Frank Centofante has passed away? .
I think that this issue can be solved. There were numerous sprints even a new design of late Bob Lum produced after he passed away.As well as Shabaria production, sprint and production of credit card knife were made after Eduard Bradichansky was assassinated.
Roman raises a good point. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Spyderco actually passed along the royalties to Mr. Bradichansky's widow and family after his design(s) were released.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Just getting this back on the front page so it doesn't loose momentum .....

An old photo from when I found the Centofante 4 but its all I've got right now.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That's a good pic, I had no idea they were that close in size to the Endura, they handle and carry like a Delica.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like thin blade stock and these are 2mm. Why don't more people like thin blades? C'mon!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I like thin blade stock and these are 2mm. Why don't more people like thin blades? C'mon!
I think that many people love thin blades, but unknown to me reasons even more people feel that they need 4 mm thick stock to feel safe not to brake a blade.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I have the 3 and like it. I'd be most interested in a sprint of the Cento 4 with a screw pivot and different colored scales. G-10 would be even better. FFG even better.
Unlike some I think the smooth FRN is less desirable than the bi-directional texturing of the Delica. For that reason alone, I'd give the nod to the Delica for a work knife. Also I don't find the Cento to be such an amazing slicer despite the thin blade stock. The hollow grind is not very deep. Compare it to a Gayle Bradley or especially a Mini Grip(!) and you'll really see a difference. I worked my Cento flat to a stone on one side only, turning the hollow into a scandi. Now it CUTS without being overly fragile.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

With the thread on the G10 Delica / Endura being started I just had to revive this thread from the almost forgotten .....

The Centofante 3/4 is such an unsung hero in the Spyderco line up and has none of the handle issues that the Endura seems to be having all of a sudden ;) BRING ON THE ZDP189 SPRINT PLEASE (G10 optional).
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Now that is a quality thread bump right there!

ZDP and BRG sounds good to me. Maybe if Spyderco is worried about sales they could get them to split the 1200 into half Centofante3s and half Centofante4s. I would buy one of each if offered in ZDP and BRG.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

Centofante 3 Titan please!! :o
Evil D

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd say my all time wish list goes something like:

1. Nilakka sprint in a simple carbon steel, 52100/1095 etc

2. G10 or CF Vesuvius with improved/updated compression lock

3. G10 or CF Centofante 4 in Super Blue or HAP40

But, I would be happy with a Centofante 4 sprint in ZDP also, in either of the burgundy or dark blue ZDP scale colors.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Yes. YES! yes, yEs, yeS. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes definitely a Yes.
No need to mess with it, but just remake the 4 & I say yes, yes, & yes SIR to that.
Everyday one is with me & I love this light simple & very functional blade to use in my work as a carpenter.
So yes !
O.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I still think that smooth like original BRG, ZDP189 is the best option for Centofante3. If they will be under $100 street price. Will buy two.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I think they should do a sprint of the Cento 3/4. I'm not sure if retooling for G-10 scales makes sense but even a new color of FRN and a special steel would be great.
HammerHill

Post by HammerHill »

A Centofante or Vesuvius sprint in G10 (with nested liners, in the best of all possible worlds) would probably unseat the Delica as my all-time EDC favorite.
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

I would order a 4 the day it is released... I really would not care about the color or steel. I'm not on ebay much, but when I am, Centofante 4 is a search I've been doing for probably 2 years.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Detdaddy wrote:I would order a 4 the day it is released... I really would not care about the color or steel. I'm not on ebay much, but when I am, Centofante 4 is a search I've been doing for probably 2 years.
Sent you a pm.
:spyder: