Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydieh0le

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by spydieh0le »

S110v Franken Manix with green honeycomb Allen Putnam scales and a Ti Lanyard bead to boot.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

spydieh0le wrote:S110v Franken Manix with green honeycomb Allen Putnam scales and a Ti Lanyard bead to boot.
Nice grab, saw that one on the exchange, she's a looker for sure, good price to boot. Can't wait to see some more pics of that one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

have to vent...AGAIN...waiting on some Halpren scales, supposed to be here today...checked tracking...USPS picked up went to Springfield Ma...Then Albany NY...instead of heading for the west coast, the brilliant minds at USPS sent it back to Springfield..so that's where it sits now...few more days to get back on track...that's 2 in a row now that USPS Decided to give tours to...it's no wonder they lose money EVERY year, and the taxpayers have to bail them out...
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Bummer man, I know the frustration, just went through it myself with my PM2 s110v. Two in a row though, that's just plain wrong. I think you should start buying more..maybe better your odds. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

The Spyderedge Military came today and a few more were shipped to me also. A USN Ladybug SE, Manbug SE (for grandpa), Tenacious (for a coworker) and a carbon fiber m390 ZT :)
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:Bummer man, I know the frustration, just went through it myself with my PM2 s110v. Two in a row though, that's just plain wrong. I think you should start buying more..maybe better your odds. :D
Last time was worse, it was the blue Millie, supposed to come on Wednesday , didn't arrive till the next Monday..that was grueling....this is just scales for the mule I can't even order till tomorrow, but still twice in 2 weeks....I'm thinking UPS whenever I get an option.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Bummer man, I know the frustration, just went through it myself with my PM2 s110v. Two in a row though, that's just plain wrong. I think you should start buying more..maybe better your odds. :D
Last time was worse, it was the blue Millie, supposed to come on Wednesday , didn't arrive till the next Monday..that was grueling....this is just scales for the mule I can't even order till tomorrow, but still twice in 2 weeks....I'm thinking UPS whenever I get an option.
Which ones did you decide on, I almost pulled the trigger today myself, had a set of the micarta in my cart and everything. I really liked the way they looked on someone's that was posted today, especially after they were oiled. I think I'll go to their site right now and check out. I know I won't have the will power tomorrow not to grab the new mule so I might as well right. :)

I'd try UPS if they actually shipped here, they do air but it's expensive, they don't do ground here.

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

farnorthdan wrote:
BTG wrote:
Which ones did you decide on, I almost pulled the trigger today myself, had a set of the micarta in my cart and everything. I really liked the way they looked on someone's that was posted today, especially after they were oiled. I think I'll go to their site right now and check out. I know I won't have the will power tomorrow not to grab the new mule so I might as well right. :)

I'd try UPS if they actually shipped here, they do air but it's expensive, they don't do ground here.
Halpern scales didn't do it for me, I much prefer to make some myself out of wood or pay a little more for custom scales. It's really not that hard to do it yourself if you have basic grinding/sanding tools.
Cory

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

dubya3 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
BTG wrote:

Halpern scales didn't do it for me, I much prefer to make some myself out of wood or pay a little more for custom scales. It's really not that hard to do it yourself if you have basic grinding/sanding tools.
I like them, have on a few pieces, mostly it's about time for me though plus at $40 to my door is a no brainer, I'm so dang busy at work I barely have time to sleep. Someday I'll do some they look stupid easy to do. Heck I'm just trying to find time right now to get my Ti military scales to the PO for a ano job.

BTG

Post by BTG »

I'd try UPS if they actually shipped here, they do air but it's expensive, they don't do ground here.[/quote]

Oh yeah, after all, this is what's in the mail....I get carried away...I went for the C/F...got a couple of their 3D already...would like to make some myself...I bought 4 slabs of G10....but as of yet no grinding equipment..or cutting...only sanding...if they'd stop coming out with so many knives I want, a grinding tool would be high on my list.
JG-TX

Post by JG-TX »

I am anticipating the small Persian. As somewhat of a compromise I might add seeing as I realized the funds might just never be the to buy a Chinook secondhand and i really want to try out the upswept point.
Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Nishijin Cricket, Paramilitary 2, Tasman Salt, Yojimbo 2, Techno, Black Southard, Manix 2 XL, Navy PE Lil' Matriarch , Caly 3 ZDP-189 CF, Black Dodo, Endura Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, Persian Small
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Native 5 lightweight incoming. still waiting on the HAP40 Delica and a camo/satin PM2.
BTG

Post by BTG »

JG-TX wrote:I am anticipating the small Persian. As somewhat of a compromise I might add seeing as I realized the funds might just never be the to buy a Chinook secondhand and i really want to try out the upswept point.
Looks like your new to the Forum, (2nd post) WELCOME..I really like the Chinook also, so we're in luck...I do believe there is a Chinook 4 sprint or new model in the works(not sure)... that's what I'm waiting for....sometime 2016..I think...saw a list somewhere..can't find now.
Last edited by BTG on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
JG-TX

Post by JG-TX »

Thank you so much for making me feel welcome! And that's great news! I had no idea! Time To start saving pennies.
Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Nishijin Cricket, Paramilitary 2, Tasman Salt, Yojimbo 2, Techno, Black Southard, Manix 2 XL, Navy PE Lil' Matriarch , Caly 3 ZDP-189 CF, Black Dodo, Endura Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, Persian Small
BTG

Post by BTG »

Time To start saving pennies.[/quote]

There in lies the had part..with so many knives, so little time....in between.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Brown and black & Brown and satin Tenacious, which Liquid Cobra so graciously pointed out in his post earlier....out of the blue...heard nothing about these coming down...special place, my first Spydie was a tenacious. And a MT 21 & T2 sheath.
Last edited by BTG on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Damascus and titanium Delica winging it's way to me.....Because I'm worth it....Wait, no, that's that shampoo ad. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I've waited almost 2 months for this to be finished and it's finally shipping out tomorrow :D

MULE 16 CTS-XHP customized by Daniel @ Screech Owl Knives

Cory

DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

CTS-BD30P Manix 2 should be coming in tomorrow :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

A NIB burgundy Micarta Jess Horn PE. Something tells me this knife and I will connect quite well... :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King