The Whites

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Re: The Whites

Post by araneae »

My wife received her engagement ring tied to a white ladybug. :)
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

A white Micarta C34 Jess Horn and Baby Jess Horn definitely exist. They were made as exclusives for A.G. Russell...

...and, as noted, there was also a white Micarta Goddard Jr, and the Howard Viele Phoenix...

...plus the white Evrina Kopa...
...and, if one wants to stretch the definition a bit, both a Kopa and a Kiwi in white pearl with abalone accents...

FWIW, I like the idea of white FRN and do wish Spyderco would offer a VG-10 white FRN Stretch. Still, I think calling Tom Sachs an artist is like calling 5000 soccer fans with vuvuzelas an orchestra.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I used to have a bunch. I dyed them back when FRN came in any color you wanted as long as it was black. ;) I think I still have a couple of Delicas in white around.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Deacon wrote:A white Micarta C34 Jess Horn and Baby Jess Horn definitely exist. They were made as exclusives for A.G. Russell...

...and, as noted, there was also a white Micarta Goddard Jr, and the Howard Viele Phoenix...

FWIW, I like the idea of white FRN and do wish Spyderco would offer a VG-10 white FRN Stretch. Still, I think calling Tom Sachs an artist is like calling 5000 soccer fans with vuvuzelas an orchestra.

Thanks for putting that one up Deacon because for the life of me I couldn't even remember the model number of that White Micarta Jess Horn model. But my buddy who had all of the Jess Horn models ( White Micarta model included) showed me all of the Jess Horn collaborations that Spyderco had made up till that ZDP-189 Burgundy Jess Horn model >> I believe that particular one came out about 06 or 07 I think it was.

I knew that White Micarta Jess Horn model was a bonafide Spyderco model for sure and not a custom piece like the ones that YellowHorse used to do. But thanks for putting that up there to clear the air and let everyone know I wasn't imagining things ;) .