Spyderco Gayle Bradley Tac 1

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Spyderco Gayle Bradley Tac 1

Post by Popsickle »

well this is a pleasant surprise....... http://www.gpknives.com/spydercotac1fli ... adley.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr Blonde

Re: Spyderco Gayle Bradley Tac 1

Post by Mr Blonde »

The concept model was very impressive, when they showed it at the Amsterdam Meet. ;) That particular version also featured a ti handle, integral lock and a flipper. The blade was straight with a little swedge. The overall design seemed sleeker than Bradley's previous collaborations with Spyderco. I remember it being a very smooth and well finished folder. Then again, this was the custom made concept model built by Gayle himself so that's not really a surprise. I hope much of the features of the concept model can be retained in the production version.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

This is his custom....picked it up in Weatherford last month. Absolutely spectacular knife!! This one is a bit smaller than the "Tac1". At 3.5" (and 1/3" thin) it is EDC perfection. This model pretty much fixes every quibble I had about the Bradley Folder and adds full ti and a flipper. I don't know anything about a collaboration but this would be an absolute homerun.

Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

I am stoked for this one! Mr. Blonde, since it is announced can you post a pic of the proto?
paladin

Post by paladin »

I think it's a great idea keeping the pivot area & Spyderhole coated with DLC just like on Lance's...hope the Spy. version duplicates this idea...

Also a fan of the orange peel dimpled texture on the handles.

Those grind lines are nice, to boot.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I dislike flippers, but if the flipper is easy to grind off like on the Domino I might get one. Looks great apart from the flipper...
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Can't wait to see updates on this one :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

That custom looks great!
A flipper with space to choke up on the blade might just work for me.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I hope it retains the 4" blade the original tac1 had if not 3.5 is nice too but i prefer bigger folders.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That's a neat one. Gayle is so detail oriented, I bet that's a fine flipper folder! Looking forward to seeing the Spyderco version down the road.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Here are a couple of pics from knifecenter of one of Gayle's customs

Image7

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

ughhhhhh.....yessssss pleeeeeaaassseee!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
mattman

Post by mattman »

Tagging in for updates!

Definitely interested in this, especially after SGs glowing reports of his custom... (Size differences aside)
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Surfingringo wrote:This is his custom....picked it up in Weatherford last month. Absolutely spectacular knife!! This one is a bit smaller than the "Tac1". At 3.5" (and 1/3" thin) it is EDC perfection. This model pretty much fixes every quibble I had about the Bradley Folder and adds full ti and a flipper. I don't know anything about a collaboration but this would be an absolute homerun.

While I have to admit that the knife is stunning and one I'd like to carry myself, I have to ask. What are those purple things in the picture? Gotta be something to make beer from or some kind of plant to put on top of a steak :)
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Arghhhhhhhh arghhh

Oh my God yes!

...and I'm very glad that Gayle doesn't seem to be a fan and doesn't use exagerated upswept bellies at the tip :D :spyder:
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

The ergos look fantastic!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

VashHash wrote:I hope it retains the 4" blade the original tac1 had if not 3.5 is nice too but i prefer bigger folders.
I got to handle a finished Tac1 when I was at his shop. In my opinion, the Bradley Flipper (the 3.5" model I have) is a more refined design. Think K2 vs. Slysz Bowie. Contoured ti and better ergos in hand plus it rides way better in the pocket. They are both awesome but the Bradley Flipper is 'da money!
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Well now that we know this is coming the question becomes how long. Is it fair to assume there will be a meaningful gap between the GB 2 and the tac 1 coming out?
swigert

Post by swigert »

Surfingringo wrote:
VashHash wrote:I hope it retains the 4" blade the original tac1 had if not 3.5 is nice too but i prefer bigger folders.
I got to handle a finished Tac1 when I was at his shop. In my opinion, the Bradley Flipper (the 3.5" model I have) is a more refined design. Think K2 vs. Slysz Bowie. Contoured ti and better ergos in hand plus it rides way better in the pocket. They are both awesome but the Bradley Flipper is 'da money!
What was your price on your custom?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

ohcyclist wrote:Well now that we know this is coming the question becomes how long. Is it fair to assume there will be a meaningful gap between the GB 2 and the tac 1 coming out?
This also came to mind for me and assumed as much.