The Whites

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aquaman67

The Whites

Post by aquaman67 »

These are the Sachs Sprint Run

Endura Delica Dragonfly and Ladybug

Not mine - unfortunately

But they could be yours. They're for sale on the Bay.
SpyderNut

Re: The Whites

Post by SpyderNut »

That is tempting... I always had a thing for the White Endura.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Had a BNIB Endura up on the BF exchange for a week at $100 and no one touched it, go figure... Then my sanity came back and I realized I also have a full set of whites, but wouldn't if I had sold that one. That eBay set is still too pricey in my mind...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

On USN also. 500 I believe.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Those are nice! But I'd be tempted to Rit them...
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Id just get em dirty
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

JAfromMN wrote:Id just get em dirty
See, that's the thing. If they weren't sprints, I don't think anyone would want them.

But since they are sprints (almost) everyone wants them.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I used to have the Dragonfly, I sold it to my manager at work for $20 because I didn't like the integral clip. I love the Dragonfly 2 with the wire clip, though.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:That is tempting... I always had a thing for the White Endura.
I did have one of those White Endura models once but I ended up trading it because I thought at the time that the white FRN would stick out like a sore thumb if even the slightest bit of dirt, grease or grime got on it. But now that I know how to clean FRN nicely I wish I would have kept it.

There was also one of those Jess Horn models done with a white handle>> but I believe it was either Micarta or some other material other than FRN.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

If white was offered as a standard color I would totally get one.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

JAfromMN wrote:Id just get em dirty
Me too. That's why I regretfully traded my Manix Cruwear. I'd still like a white endura or delica though, they are sharp looking.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
I did have one of those White Endura models once but I ended up trading it because I thought at the time that the white FRN would stick out like a sore thumb if even the slightest bit of dirt, grease or grime got on it. But now that I know how to clean FRN nicely I wish I would have kept it.

There was also one of those Jess Horn models done with a white handle>> but I believe it was either Micarta or some other material other than FRN.
I know what you mean. I should've purchased a few when I had the chance. :(

By the way, were you thinking about the Wayne Goddard Jr. in white Micarta (vs. white the Jess Horn)? I'd never heard of a white Jess Horn, but then again, I've been wrong a few hundred times before. ;)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RadioactiveSpyder

There absolutely are white Micarta Jess Horns (full size and Jr), just do a Google image search and all of Deacon's pics will show up. The only other white Micarta ones I know of are the Goddard Jr. (have one) and the Viele Phoenix.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I love Tom Sachs and his work. I'd love to own a white Endura... It'd be a pleasure to get it dirty haha.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

White just doesn't do it for me, heck I rarely even use my cruwear military because it gets dirty so fast and easy, I could see dying it some cool color though.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I've always been drawn to the white version of the Delica, and was lucky enough to snag one fairly recently. I feel like it's the tuxedo of FRN knives, if that makes any sense. Dressing up definitely makes you less likely to get dirty.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

By the way, were you thinking about the Wayne Goddard Jr. in white Micarta (vs. white the Jess Horn)? I'd never heard of a white Jess Horn, but then again, I've been wrong a few hundred times before. ;)
Oh yes indeed there was a White Jess Horn model>> because I had a good friend who had all the Jess Horn Spyders made up to the Burgundy ZDP-189 model>> it looked similar to the Jess Horn lightweight model and I do believe it was a special edition or Sprint model but I do indeed even remember seeing another of the same one at either the 2005 or 2006 Blade Show in Atlanta. I do also remember the Goddard model you're speaking of as well.

I believe it was made about a year or so after the release of the C27 Jess Horn jigged bone model ( the one everybody considers the Holy Grail). And I am all but certain that it was a white Micarta model if my memory is in the right gear. And it was not a Yellowhorse or Sante Fe custom Spyder either it was a factory made unit.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Oh yes indeed there was a White Jess Horn model>> because I had a good friend who had all the Jess Horn Spyders made up to the Burgundy ZDP-189 model>> it looked similar to the Jess Horn lightweight model and I do believe it was a special edition or Sprint model but I do indeed even remember seeing another of the same one at either the 2005 or 2006 Blade Show in Atlanta. I do also remember the Goddard model you're speaking of as well.

I believe it was made about a year or so after the release of the C27 Jess Horn jigged bone model ( the one everybody considers the Holy Grail). And I am all but certain that it was a white Micarta model if my memory is in the right gear. And it was not a Yellowhorse or Sante Fe custom Spyder either it was a factory made unit.
Well, slap me thrice and hand me to my mother. :o I stand humbly corrected. I'd very much like to see a White Jess Horn. Thanks for letting me know, JD!

RadioactiveSpyder

Glad JD cleared that up for you... ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Glad JD cleared that up for you... ;)
Oops. Sorry about that, I see you mentioned this too. Duh, I guess I need to start reading SpyderWiki again, lol. :o