Spyderco Factory Outlet - Seconds Sale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Spyderco Factory Outlet - Seconds Sale

Post by Liquid Cobra »

spyderwolf wrote:It will be posible to make an event like that online,for the non-US :spyder: fans ?Its wishfull thinking,i know,but still...
I like this idea. It should be extending to other U.S. residents though that don't live near Golden :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
spyderwolf wrote:It will be posible to make an event like that online,for the non-US :spyder: fans ?Its wishfull thinking,i know,but still...
I like this idea. It should be extending to other U.S. residents though that don't live near Golden :)
Or maybe just 45 year old Soldiers who live in Texas and drive a Black pick-up. Should have it before they open the doors to everyone else too.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I imagine the employee hours spent photographing and listing each individual item for online sale, then cataloging, packing and shipping each one would cost quite a bit... so then the cost would have to be added onto the product, which would mean the final prices would not be nearly as good as buying on site.

I will have to fly out one of these years. :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I am willing to buy for up to 3 people (a couple of knives each). Paladin has slot number 1, and Radioactive gets slot number 2.
Thank you SO MUCH Eli!! I'll definitely start saving now for some PM2 and/or Millie awesomeness! Cheers, Radioactive :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

To all you lucky folks going: Enjoy!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I can't speak for Spyderco but if I was a producer selling factory "seconds", I would prefer to sell them to folks who had the chance to handle and inspect them before purchase.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surfingringo wrote:
I can't speak for Spyderco but if I was a producer selling factory "seconds", I would prefer to sell them to folks who had the chance to handle and inspect them before purchase.
Yup, all the seconds are sold as is with no warranty so you would really want to see it for yourself first anyway. There were definitely knives there that I wouldn't have bought. One of the knives I bought ended up being one I definitely would have left there if I had seen the defect before I bought it but I didn't end up noticing it until a couple of weeks later. This is why I was apprehensive about buying for anybody last year. Plenty of them end up on Ebay if you must have a factory second.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
grewich

Post by grewich »

Me and a buddy will be making our first pilgrimage to the store. Can anyone comment on when the line will begin to form?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

grewich wrote:Me and a buddy will be making our first pilgrimage to the store. Can anyone comment on when the line will begin to form?
Around noon the day before. But GoldenSpydie wasn't there until 5pm or so and was in the first group, as they let in the first 50 people if I recall, then let additional people in as others leave. I don't think people really started showing up until 4pm. Bearfacedkiller was at the front with me, so maybe he remembers more specifically.

Either way, I went back at the end of the day (I forgot my jacket in the lobby) and looked in and there were still tons of PM2s, Manix 2 and XLs, and other Golden models. I even snagged a fluted Ti Millie at the end, as Spyderco rotates new boxes of knives in throughout the day, so the first group isn't the only one to get the sprints and small production items.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bearfacedkiller

I got there around 4pm the day before and was about the tenth person in line. I plan on doing the same this year. I had a blast camping out even though it was around 35 degrees and super windy. We still had a blast!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Okay, I was thinking that people really started showing up not too long after you got there Darby.
-Kyle

paladin

Post by paladin »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:I am willing to buy for up to 3 people (a couple of knives each). Paladin has slot number 1, and Radioactive gets slot number 2.
Thank you SO MUCH Eli!! I'll definitely start saving now for some PM2 and/or Millie awesomeness! Cheers, Radioactive :D
x2!!!

Can you feel the LOVE tonite? ;)

thanks Eli...Paladin, "Have Gun, Won't Travel (on airliners)" :o :p
araneae

Post by araneae »

Well, my wife and I are that way at the end of September so a return trip for the SFO isn't likely this year. Who wants to be my secret shopper? :D
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

This would be one of those times when I regret living in the otherwise wonderful Pacific Northwest! Good luck and happy hunting everyone!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:This would be one of those times when I regret living in the otherwise wonderful Pacific Northwest! Good luck and happy hunting everyone!
One of the few times I "almost" regret choosing SC over CO. Then I think of CO winters and that I'd probably be spending so much on pot I wouldn't even be able to afford factory seconds. :eek: ;) :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Pot is very cheap there now Deacon (well, so I hear ;)). Pretty sure you could sell off a Kiwi or two and set yourself up nicely for the winter.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
BTG

Post by BTG »

Was thinking of flying out for that, out early Friday, back late Saturday ..always wanted to visit SFO...kill two birds with one stone...anyway question is, Does the SFO store make shipping Dept available to send purchases home... No carry ons for sure...or do people just do UPS store or PO.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

BTG wrote:Was thinking of flying out for that, out early Friday, back late Saturday ..always wanted to visit SFO...kill two birds with one stone...anyway question is, Does the SFO store make shipping Dept available to send purchases home... No carry ons for sure...or do people just do UPS store or PO.
There's a post office down the road in town that I mailed out of last time. I just tossed everything in a flat rate box and mailed it home (insured). Think it only cost me $20-25.
-Kyle

bearfacedkiller

BTG wrote:Was thinking of flying out for that, out early Friday, back late Saturday ..always wanted to visit SFO...kill two birds with one stone...anyway question is, Does the SFO store make shipping Dept available to send purchases home... No carry ons for sure...or do people just do UPS store or PO.
I do not know about the shipping dept being open or not but that sounds unlikely. Tha sale is chaos and it takes every employee Spyderco has just to keep it together so shipping packages for people seems like a stretch. There is a post office in Golden about 2 miles from the SFO or you could check them in your luggage. If none of those work for ya then maybe you could get someone local to help you out by dropping them in a mailbox on Monday. ;)
-Darby
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

That gets suggested every year, and it's just not going to happen. Way too much effort for little to no return. Spyderco would be better off melting them all down and tossing the remains in a landfill.