2016 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: 2016 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by tvenuto »

Nice shot GS! I like that it has a different color scheme than most of the pictures we normally see (blacks/grays/primary colors).
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I like the detail of the tiny anthers and filaments, the fact that the flowers echo the color of the handle, and, as tvenuto said, the different color and tonal range is interesting, also the sort of homogeneity of the background.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
armenate

Post by armenate »

http://s909.photobucket.com/user/Armena ... sion/story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a picture of my spyderco dragonfly 2 salt in the spyderedge configuration. I have RIT dyed the handles dark green. This picture was taken in the water at one of the beautiful lakes in Glacier National Park.

Forum Name: Armenate
Model #C28YL2 Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Salt Spyderedge
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Forum name: bearfacedkiller
Model: C141CF Spyderco Balance Carbon Fiber

Here is a picture of my CF Balance balancing on the edge of a whiskey barrel this spring. I love this little knife and the design is simply superb. I chose this knife for my picture because life is all about balance. We balance work, family, hobbies (knives :)), vices ( I like a little whiskey :D), personal growth and development and many other things every day and without balance things quickly begin to tip. Life is like riding a bicycle, maintain your balance and keep moving forward and you will get where you are going and lose your balance and stop moving forward and you will fall on your face.

Submission subject to change,I am very indecisive.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Italiano

Post by Italiano »

Forum name: Italiano
Model knife: Spyderco Manix 2

This is the knife that i use every day and carry in my walks in the woods. I was looking for a medium sized folder knife, strong but not too heavy and with good steel, and i am satisfied. The photo was taken down a trail in the woods of Piemonte, Italy.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Name: Pockets
Models: Pacific Salt

This picture was taken in Bimini in the Bahamas. I had the Pacific Salt in my pocket the whole trip, including when I was swimming. I even managed to open a coconut with it. And you know what? At the end of the week, there was not a speck of rust to be found.
Last edited by Pockets on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

Here is my photo for the contest.
Description:
Photo taken in my backyard's concrete floor slabs, there's some soils in between the slabs, and wild plants grew in it,
I find it mesmerizing that such small plants pressed between two slabs of concretes,
are able to flourished into beautiful blossoms.
Just like the Spyderco started small and in a niche market, and now flourished into a form of culture in knife market.

Model in photo: Spyderco Domino.
Forum Name: Kaysa
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Spyderco Schempp Bowie
Mad Mac

The photogenic Schempp Bowie is my "precious". It doesn't take a bad picture. The iconic Bowie knife is a reminder for me of its original designer and other defenders of the Alamo who came through my area of Texas on their way to immortality.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Sweet, sweet, Tanto
Model: FB03BRG - Lum Tanto Burgandy Paperstone Sprint
Name: chuckd

My most coveted and beloved Spyderco out for a casual stroll under the pines.
Last edited by chuckd on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Forum name: Johnnie1801
Model: Spyderco Manix 2 Dark Blue Lightweight 110V - C101DBL2

Just a springtime shot of my s110v lw Manix in the woods close to my house :)

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Here is my favorite summer knife - Spyderco Salt I.
Lightweight, durable and powerful cutting tool that is not afraid of any kind of water.
Simple and perfect summer EDC!

Forum name: tap78
Model name: Spyderco Salt I

animportant

Post by animportant »

tap78 wrote:Here is my favorite summer knife - Spyderco Salt I.
Lightweight, durable and powerful cutting tool that is not afraid of any kind of water.
Simple and perfect summer EDC!

Forum name: tap78
Model name: Spyderco Salt I

Unfrigginbelievable!!! I can't see this not making the calendar!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Last year I made a list of my personal top 12 picks (should be 13) and kept it to myself, and, as I recall, about eight of them coincided with the final picks. (My picks didn't include my own entry and I was correct about that :rolleyes: ) It might be fun if other people kept a list of their top thirteen, then after the contest we could have a poll where people could select the number they got right, 5-13 (I think the polls are limited to 9 choices). This would of course depend on people going by the honor system, otherwise it would be meaningless.

I suppose the purpose of this poll would be just to give us an opportunity to show who got the most pictures "right" (same as judges). I just think it would be fun to do.

I guess it would be OK for people to discuss their favorites, but, if we do this, an effort should be made to avoid the appearance of second guessing the judge(s), which would definitely not be the purpose.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

DougC-3 wrote:Last year I made a list of my personal top 10 picks and kept it to myself, and, as I recall, eight of them coincided with the final picks. (My picks didn't include my own entry and I was correct about that :rolleyes: ) It might be fun if other people kept a list of their top ten, then after the contest we could have a poll where people could select the number they got right, 2-10 (I think the polls are limited to 9 choices). This would of course depend on people going by the honor system, otherwise it would be meaningless.

I guess it would be OK for people to discuss their favorites, but, if we do this, an effort should be made to avoid the appearance of second guessing the judge(s), which would definitely not be the purpose.
I've done same thing myself several years now. I'm usually around 60-80%. It's a fun game and always interesting to see the final choices. We could even PM someone our guesses and they could keep track. I'd be willing to make a game of it and throw in a Spyderco related prize for the winner :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

hudsonhawk wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Last year I made a list of my personal top 10 picks and kept it to myself, and, as I recall, eight of them coincided with the final picks. (My picks didn't include my own entry and I was correct about that :rolleyes: ) It might be fun if other people kept a list of their top ten, then after the contest we could have a poll where people could select the number they got right, 2-10 (I think the polls are limited to 9 choices). This would of course depend on people going by the honor system, otherwise it would be meaningless.

I've done same thing myself several years now. I'm usually around 60-80%. It's a fun game and always interesting to see the final choices. We could even PM someone our guesses and they could keep track. I'd be willing to make a game of it and throw in a Spyderco related prize for the winner :D
I had to go back and edit the number of picks (I was apparently thinking the calendar was on the decimal system :confused: :rolleyes: )

There could be multiple winners :D
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Thanks animportant ;) I hope Spyderco Team will like it as much as You :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

hudsonhawk wrote:
This sounds good. I just have a few decals, extra catalogs, charts, etc, that I'm willing to give up at this point... maybe a Bug, Honeybee, and Grasshopper :)
psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

Psmith27
Roadie

For this year I chose to highlight a knife I knew I would love the first time I saw it. I consider it an embodiment of Spyderco's constant improvement and innovation strategy. At home slicing apples and cheese you know you could push it to more severe use if needed. Pictured here literally on the road. With it being a joy to carry, legally, almost everywhere you know you always have an edge.
Last edited by psmith27 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Forum name: kaukol
Model name: Spyderco Sage II C123TIP

I took the photo last winter during the walk in the woods here in Lithuania. Very often I see no reason to reach for my fixed blade when making a small fire, EDC folder is more than enough to peel and scrape some birch bark for a spark. And Sage II is definately one of my favorite EDC folders.
Schilla7787

Post by Schilla7787 »

Forum name: Schilla7787
Model knife: Spyderco Slysz Bowie C186, Spyderco Techno By Marcin Slysz C158
These knives I use every day. I found a perfect pair of knives, universal Slysz Bowie and a small Spyderco Techno. These titanium beauties help me out everywhere.
2015-08-01 12-21-47-3.JPG