Paramilitary 2 sprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WCC

Paramilitary 2 sprints

Post by WCC »

Hi guys

Just received my first Paramilitary 2 and am absolutely stunned by this great knife. It has quickly become my favourite EDC.

I definitely have the collecting bug and have been focussing on Bauchop knives from South Africa.

Since receiving the PM2 I have been looking at the various models and the sprints have caught my eye. I would definitely like to look into them and start collecting the various PM2 sprint runs. Is there a reference to all the PM2 sprints ever issued? I have seen part collections which is a great start, but I’m just wondering if there's a list which gets updated as new ones are launched?

It would also be great if those of you who have the sprint PM2s can post some pics.

Appreciate the help.
elmeringalo

Re: Paramilitary 2 sprints

Post by elmeringalo »

Hello, really there are only 4 Para Millie Sprint Run. Those were the 2008 Paramilitary(1) D2 Green version, the 2010 PM2 S90V black Carbon fiber version, the2011 PM2 gray version, and the 2014 PM2 154CPM/S90V version.
The sprints are released by Spyderco in low numbers and never released again.
Exclusives like the Orange, Blue, Brown, Foliage Green, are all Exclusives, as the future Jade/M4 and CF/M4. About the Dark Blue G10/CPM S110V, I don't know if it will be Production or Exclusive model, it will likely not sprint run (sayd by Sal)
This is where one online store has made a deal with Sypderco, it can be re-released and their numbers can grow even higher.
Actually the Brown S35VN version is available right now, and also the Elmax version from Bento Box. Those are all Exclusives and are NOT Sprints at all.
Usually many people incorrectly use the term "Sprint Run" all of the time. So that,"Exclusives" are nice and are exotic steels but they are less limited in quantity.
Here is a link that explains it all:
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?tit ... a-Military" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo
loki_pittman

Post by loki_pittman »

Very excited about the upcoming releases!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

elmeringalo wrote: About the Dark Blue G10/CPM S110V, I don't know if it will be Production or Exclusive model, it will likely not sprint run (sayd by Sal)
The dark blue s110v pm2's/millies will be normal production alongside the s30v variants.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
elmeringalo wrote: About the Dark Blue G10/CPM S110V, I don't know if it will be Production or Exclusive model, it will likely not sprint run (sayd by Sal)
The dark blue s110v pm2's/millies will be normal production alongside the s30v variants.
Are you sure?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

elmeringalo wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:
Are you sure?
The 110 models will all be a dark blue and they are not sprints.

sal
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
WCC

Post by WCC »

elmeringalo wrote:Hello, really there are only 4 Para Millie Sprint Run. Those were the 2008 Paramilitary(1) D2 Green version, the 2010 PM2 S90V black Carbon fiber version, the2011 PM2 gray version, and the 2014 PM2 154CPM/S90V version.
Exclusives like the Orange, Blue, Brown, Foliage Green, are all Exclusives, as the future Jade/M4 and CF/M4. About the Dark Blue G10/CPM S110V, I don't know if it will be Production or Exclusive model, it will likely not sprint run (sayd by Sal)
This is where one online store has made a deal with Sypderco, it can be re-released and their numbers can grow even higher.
Actually the Brown S35VN version is available right now, and also the Elmax version from Bento Box. Those are all Exclusives and are NOT Sprints at all.
Usually many people incorrectly use the term "Sprint Run" all of the time. So that,"Exclusives" are nice and are exotic steels but they are less limited in quantity.
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?tit ... a-Military" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is great info, thanks. My assumption was that the "exclusive" models are also termed sprints. In any event, I am keen to collect these as well.
Now if only there was somebody interested in selling their entire collection it would make it so much easier. :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

WCC wrote:
elmeringalo wrote:Hello, really there are only 4 Para Millie Sprint Run. Those were the 2008 Paramilitary(1) D2 Green version, the 2010 PM2 S90V black Carbon fiber version, the2011 PM2 gray version, and the 2014 PM2 154CPM/S90V version.
This is great info, thanks. My assumption was that the "exclusive" models are also termed sprints. In any event, I am keen to collect these as well.
Now if only there was somebody interested in selling their entire collection it would make it so much easier. :D
Collecting all the PM2's is quite the challenge..for the wallet. I would wager that getting each one would cost you $2000+
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Nate

Post by Nate »

WCC wrote: Now if only there was somebody interested in selling their entire collection it would make it so much easier. :D
I've actually seen a couple of people do that on bladeforums in the past. Nice way to get them all if you have the $$$.
:spyder:
WCC

Post by WCC »

Yeah, that would be nice. I will have to keep my eyes open for a set, even a partial set. Right now the collecting addiction is strong so don't mind paying, even a premium for unused ones. :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So...weird. Someone on BF's just posted some very hard to get Para Sprints for sale.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

You don't mess around WCC :)

@liquid_cobra
WCC

Post by WCC »

Liquid Cobra wrote:You don't mess around WCC :)
Nope. :D Many thanks for the heads up!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Pretty high premiums on that set of 4, there's another S35VN that's priced more in line me thinks.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

farnorthdan wrote:Pretty high premiums on that set of 4, there's another S35VN that's priced more in line me thinks.
Yea good god man, those better have been stored in a nitrogen atmosphere and only touched with white gloves for that mark-up.
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

Waiting for the new ones
Waiting for the new ones
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
elmeringalo wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:
Are you sure?
The 110 models will all be a dark blue and they are not sprints.

sal
Then you know same as me. It will don't be a sprint :)
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I'm most excited for the CF/M4 exclusive coming up. I just sold my only PM2 sprint tonight but it funded my grail, CF S90V/154CM PM2 thanks to Nate :D
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

WCC

Post by WCC »

elmeringalo wrote:
image.jpg
That is just sweet. Awesome!
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

[BBvideo=560,315[/BBvideo]
WCC wrote:
elmeringalo wrote:
image.jpg
That is just sweet. Awesome!

Yeah that's a lot of pm2's!
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)