Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

BTG wrote:Blue domino, Dk Blue lil matriarch, and 2013 Forum knife.
That's quite the haul!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BTG

Post by BTG »

Yeah, got a little carried away...went with blue domino and lil matriarch Package deal..then a fellow member offered a 2013 Forum Native, soooo....well, at least that moves the Blue s90v Millie to the top of the NEXT list.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

BTG wrote:Yeah, got a little carried away...went with blue domino and lil matriarch Package deal..then a fellow member offered a 2013 Forum Native, soooo....well, at least that moves the Blue s90v Millie to the top of the NEXT list.
Rggg. Just missed a s90v Millie a few weeks back on the forums for $150. Missed it by 60 seconds. :( I wish BBS wasn't crazy in the head..
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Couldn't pass this up. A C44 dyad black micarta. Should ship out tomorrow.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

spydieh0le wrote:
BTG wrote:Yeah, got a little carried away...went with blue domino and lil matriarch Package deal..then a fellow member offered a 2013 Forum Native, soooo....well, at least that moves the Blue s90v Millie to the top of the NEXT list.
Rggg. Just missed a s90v Millie a few weeks back on the forums for $150. Missed it by 60 seconds. :( I wish BBS wasn't crazy in the head..

150!? Probably best I didn't see that one.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
DomC

Post by DomC »

Just ordered two Delicas. VG10 Satin Plain Blade, Flat Ground, Orange FRN Scales for my son, FRN British Racing Green Scales, Plain Edge, ZDP189 Steel, Flat Ground for me.
Should ship out today or tomorrow...

DomC
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Welcome to the forums, DomC. I think the Delica is great Spyderco to get early on. I have the brown flat ground and also bought the combo edge saber ground foliage green FRN version mainly because I thought it was a good sturdy classic spydie... then later I got the Damascus titanium model because I saw so many great pictures of it on these forums and finally couldn't resist it :) I have the BRG ZDP Endura and think it's a great looking and performing knife.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

Zulu!!!!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

DougC-3 wrote:Welcome to the forums, DomC. I think the Delica is great Spyderco to get early on. I have the brown flat ground and also bought the combo edge saber ground foliage green FRN version mainly because I thought it was a good sturdy classic spydie... then later I got the Damascus titanium model because I saw so many great pictures of it on these forums and finally couldn't resist it :) I have the BRG ZDP Endura and think it's a great looking and performing knife.
Just curious.I am about to order a ti damascus Delica and a CE foliage green one mainly because of their looks.Do you use them ? If so, how do they perform ? Some say that damascus is prone to staining.What about a combo edge on a Delica ?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

elena86 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Welcome to the forums, DomC. I think the Delica is great Spyderco to get early on. I have the brown flat ground and also bought the combo edge saber ground foliage green FRN version mainly because I thought it was a good sturdy classic spydie... then later I got the Damascus titanium model because I saw so many great pictures of it on these forums and finally couldn't resist it :) I have the BRG ZDP Endura and think it's a great looking and performing knife.
Just curious.I am about to order a ti damascus Delica and a CE foliage green one mainly because of their looks.Do you use them ? If so, how do they perform ? Some say that damascus is prone to staining.What about a combo edge on a Delica ?
I have not actually would up using the CE Delica too much but only because I have so many other knives and almost always carry a larger one. I think it would be a good general purpose EDC knife around the house or at work. The serrations are handy for stripping wire, cutting cord, etc. I carried a small CE Gerber (smaller than Delica) for years before I became a Spydophile and don't remember the serrations ever getting in the way. Now I sometimes carry a PE plus a full SE when I'm working outside. If you plan to slice cheese, etc, I suppose the FFG would be a little better for that. The saber grind of the FG Delica should be a little stronger for utility work.

I didn't plan to buy the Ti Damascus Delica at first because I thought it was sort of fancy, but reading these forums, I saw how some people used it all the time and put it through the paces like a regular EDC. And with all the beautiful pictures of it I was finally brainwashed and got one. I've been very pleased with it. Mine is quite different from the other Delicas is some ways. The back spring is very strong and harder to depress and the blade fits snugly and doesn't drop by gravity when the spring is depressed, even if I loosen the pivot screw. The blade has virtually zero play of any kind. It's a rock solid little knife and works like a steel trap. It seems to me to hold its edge longer than other VG-10 knives. People have mentioned that on another thread and some said it wasn't likely. It is very thin since it doesn't have separate liners, which makes it easy to carry in more dressy situations. Also I like the heaviness of it. Somehow it seems more precision made than the other Delicas.

I was asked once if the black areas in the blade pattern faded and became more gray after a while. Maybe a very little bit with mine. It's hard to tell because they look more or less black depending on the angle at which the light strikes them. It's not a problem with mine, but it may depend on what you cut and how you use the knife. Mine has not had very hard use. The titanium handle will eventually be covered with very minute scratches. These don't bother me in the least, they just make the knife look like it's had normal use. If they do bother you, they can be buffed out with 0000 steel wool. I think some people use Scotch-Brite pads, but, once again, I think the tiny scratches are fine :)

There was another thread a couple of days ago where someone (forgot who) acid washed (I think it was acid) the Ti handle and it looked fine to me, but not as "refined" as the original finish.

Edit: Oops, sorry, you didn't ask for a review. I guess I don't get to talk to enough people about my knives :o
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Thanx for the info.I am going to purchase the ti damascus Delica.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Found a new Leafstorm for sale in a UK dealer (Mind Your Fingers)...Well, that's what I earn it for, eh- to spend it, right? ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
BTG

Post by BTG »

Black on black Millie.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I just ordered a Vallotton last night. I could not hold back any longer.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Looking forward to an Endura with ZDP-189 arriving. I originally ordered a knife from another company but they wont let US dealers ship them to other countries. I dont mind that too much. Its just one more reason to add to the list of why i like spydercos, best knives and best serivce.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Welcome, we can always use new zeal and energy on the forum ;)
oxfordgreen

Post by oxfordgreen »

After a couple of mix ups, one involving a return I now have a Junior on the way. Plus a Zulu! And with that the spending stops....
RichJo86

Post by RichJo86 »

Incoming.... Lil' Lionspy.

Very nice deal @ Massdrop. Knives are not cheap here in The Netherlands. I'm a little bit jealous on the US prices.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Much to my surprise I got an email yesterday from a member here and on BF saying they read a post where I said the CF s90v pm2 was my grail and offered me a CF 154/S90V at a really fair price. This is a knife I tried not to pay attention to because I thought it'd always be out of my price range but somehow I managed to come up with the extra money pretty easily so I'm thrilled! If all goes as planned I should have it in my hands by the end of next week.
Last edited by dubya3 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

palonej

Post by palonej »

Cruwear Millie!!
Very excited for this one!
Got real lucky with log in time on BF!!
Super cool looking blade!