Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OldSarSwmr

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Wow! Thanks! Congrats to Demoncase too, that knife is ridiculously cool. I'm looking forward to everyone's submission for the coming week, the pictures have been great.

Thanks again,
Dan
kosta

Post by kosta »

Congratulations OldSarSwmr and Demoncase!
kosta

Post by kosta »

Photo this week.

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Thanks all- I have had a celebratory lap around the office!

I am now being looked at like I need mental health support but I DON'T CARE :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
swigert

Post by swigert »

My entry for this week!

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

My Stretch looking west towards Napa county. This entire area burned in the Wragg fire this week.
Attachments
IMG_3582.jpg
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Entirely predictable 2015 Forum Knife Bragging Rights Picture
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

Spyderco or Frogco? :D
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Kniferbro wrote:Spyderco or Frogco? :D
Holy $(*^!...
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

spydieh0le wrote:
HORRIBLE PICTURE
Holy $(*^!...
KEEP THE KNIFE!.....ARGHT....RUN AWAY!....

Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

demoncase wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
HORRIBLE PICTURE
Holy $(*^!...
KEEP THE KNIFE!.....ARGHT....RUN AWAY!....
When I retrieved the knife, the spider moved which made me freak out which in turn made the spider freak out and run for cover. He ran right on to the frog (no joke) causing him to freak out. My girlfriend was freaking out the whole time. :D
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

That's not a spider. This is a spider.

Known as a signature spider or garden spider.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

Mad Mac wrote:That's not a spider. This is a spider.

Known as a signature spider or garden spider.
Hah! Right you are. I wouldn't have even attempted that one. We have those here also. I was wondering where you're at then noticed he Schempp Bowie stabbed in an oak tree and guessed you had to be in Texas too. And you are!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Kniferbro wrote:Hah! Right you are. I wouldn't have even attempted that one. We have those here also. I was wondering where you're at then noticed he Schempp Bowie stabbed in an oak tree and guessed you had to be in Texas too. And you are!
The spider in your picture appears to be a grass spider also known as a funnel web spider. Very common and harmless. The only spiders that concern me are the poisonous Black Widow and Brown Recluse also known as a violin spider. Not sure I would recognize a Brown Recluse, however. I've run across Black Widows but never a Brown Recluse to the best of my knowledge. The red hourglass is on the belly of the Black Widow, so you have to turn them over to be sure.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

Mad Mac wrote:
Kniferbro wrote:Hah! Right you are. I wouldn't have even attempted that one. We have those here also. I was wondering where you're at then noticed he Schempp Bowie stabbed in an oak tree and guessed you had to be in Texas too. And you are!
The spider in your picture appears to be a grass spider also known as a funnel web spider. Very common and harmless. The only spiders that concern me are the poisonous Black Widow and Brown Recluse also known as a violin spider. Not sure I would recognize a Brown Recluse, however. I've run across Black Widows but never a Brown Recluse to the best of my knowledge. The red hourglass is on the belly of the Black Widow, so you have to turn them over to be sure.
Yeah I figured they were harmless seeing as how abundant they were in the area and how commonly I see them. They still creep me out a bit :)
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I snapped a pic of all of my various Forum Natives last night...

swigert

Post by swigert »

Cool pic!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Haven't submitted in a while, but it doesn't mean I stopped shooting.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
harronek

Post by harronek »

Ken
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Sunset on my 2015 Spyderco Forum Native 5 S90V in a log near the outlet of Mile Long Lake, in the northern Wind River Range of Wyoming. Spider Peak is visible in the background. (See thread in Off Topic for more info.)
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.