Upcoming models I wasn't aware of

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Upcoming models I wasn't aware of

Post by jabba359 »

I was browsing through GPKnives preorder list and noticed a bunch of Spydercos that I didn't know were coming, though some were mentioned as prototypes that couldn't be photographed at the Amsterdam meet or last year's Blade show. Seems like quite a few have graduated past the "prototype" stage.

***EDITED - Please see my post on Page 2**** TazKristi

Peter Farkas folder
Jot Singh folder (guessing this is the Condor)
Marcin Slysz SwayBack folder
Marcin Slysz SpyderChef
Paul Alexander Ouroboros folder
Paul Alexander Piratta folder
Uli Hennicke small Ulize
Uli Hennicke Opus 14 folder
Szakonyi Gábor flipper
Szakonyi Gábor Mo Gentleman's folder
Schempp Euro Dagger folder
Peter Carey flipper (probably the Magnitude, based on his Tremor design, though could be his Nitro Mini)
Schempp Essence folder
Chinook 4 folder
Gayle Bradley Tac 1 flipper

Even though there isn't a whole lot of info on any of these yet, I saw a picture of the prototype for the Carey Magnitude and will pick one up for sure and I'm always excited for new Ed Schempp designs. The Bradley Tac 1 also sounds intriguing, with it's full contoured titanium handle and M4 flipper blade.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
farnorthdan

Re: Upcoming models I wasn't aware of

Post by farnorthdan »

The Slysz sway back is going to be epic, unbelievable how fast spyderco is churning out these blades, like I said in another thread....Sal is bankrupting me :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Interesting. Some of those knives have been shown several times at Amsterdam and didn't seem to be nearing production. For instance the euro dagger apparently has been at every single Amsterdam Meet with no progress. The Pete Carey we handled was a custom, so obviously that's pretty far off.

I would take that list as a pretty loose prognostication, perhaps even wishful thinking. I would be super stoked to learn that the Ouroboros was going to be produced, I really loved the design when I handled it.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

That Marcin Slysz SpyderChef is mine ! :cool:
BTG

Post by BTG »

Not trying to be funny, is that a kitchen knife....Chef knife...or is it Spyderchief,,,,that sounds like it would make my list...along with a chinook 4, no chinooks in my lineup, and I've always liked the look of that knife. So, are these more 2016, and beyond ?
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Best believe as soon as the Marcin Slysz SwayBack folder drops I will have one...I am more excited about this than I am the Nirvana... Is that wrong? :p
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Really want that Chinook 4 with a power lock.......Any one else? :D
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Chinook3 wrote:Really want that Chinook 4 with a power lock.......Any one else? :D
Yea count me in. It was pretty awesome.
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

When will we be able to see pics of these (prototypes or otherwise)?
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

hudsonhawk wrote:When will we be able to see pics of these (prototypes or otherwise)?
I don't know if any production prototypes have been photographed, but for some of these knives the existing customs and custom prototypes are well documented.

Slysz Swayback:

Slysz Chef (I think):

Peter Carey Mini Nitro Custom Prototype:
Last edited by Able Dog on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
paladin

Post by paladin »

Still awaiting more info on the Essence!
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

The Slysz knives are stunning :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Still very interested in the Spydiechef, also a smaller Ulize sounds amazing. A Bradley flipper is intriguing... If the standard GB were a flipper I'd probably already own one.
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

No interest in slysz knives at all (hate framelocks) but a smaller Ulize? **** YES
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Great news, I've been drooling over the Schempp folding dagger design since 2007, when I saw the first concept model! The Khalsa folder could also be the 'Victory' concept model, a much more conventional design than his first Spyderco collaboration. The Ed Schempp design Essence concept model at this year's Amsterdam Meet was about a 3,5 inch blade design, with a wide leaf blade in a hollow or sabre grind and a slightly curing handle. Very solid and sturdy feel to it. Compared to his previous collaborations with Spyderco, it seemed -to me- a much more conventional design.
Last edited by Mr Blonde on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
paladin

Post by paladin »

Mr Blonde wrote:Great news, I've been drooling over the Schempp folding dagger design since 2007... The Ed Schempp design concept model at this year's Amsterdam Meet was about a 3,5 inch blade design, with a wide leaf blade in a hollow or sabre grind and a slightly curing handle. Very solid and sturdy feel to it. Compared to his previous collaborations with Spyderco, it seemed -to me- a much more conventional design.
:(
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

paladin wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Great news, I've been drooling over the Schempp folding dagger design since 2007... The Ed Schempp Essence design concept model at this year's Amsterdam Meet was about a 3,5 inch blade design, with a wide leaf blade in a hollow or sabre grind and a slightly curing handle. Very solid and sturdy feel to it. Compared to his previous collaborations with Spyderco, it seemed -to me- a much more conventional design.
I made a typo, the Schempp Eurodagger is certainly very unconventional. The Essence, to me, appeared to be much more a business-like 'working' folding knife. A design like the Eurodagger, not so much IMHO; still a very cool blade, but much more a niche design.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
paladin

Post by paladin »

Mr Blonde wrote:
paladin wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Great news, I've been drooling over the Schempp folding dagger design since 2007... The Ed Schempp Essence design concept model at this year's Amsterdam Meet was about a 3,5 inch blade design, with a wide leaf blade in a hollow or sabre grind and a slightly curing handle. Very solid and sturdy feel to it. Compared to his previous collaborations with Spyderco, it seemed -to me- a much more conventional design.
I made a typo, the Schempp Eurodagger is certainly very unconventional. The Essence, to me, appeared to be much more a business-like 'working' folding knife. A design like the Eurodagger, not so much IMHO; still a very cool blade, but much more a niche design.
Thanks Wouter your insights have been helpful to me thru the years. :) :spyder: :)

I like the "niche" factor of Mr. Schempp's designs, so it will be interesting to see his take on something a little more "traditional." I hope it still retains a little Schempp flourish, however :o
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Wow I'm really impressed with all of Slysz' work and collabs so far but these new ones are even better. The Chef reminds me of the Rock Lobster somehow, which was a model I never was able to grab. This Chef with (what I'll assume will be..) Ti and Taiwan production might be a better alternative.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Chef is amazing as always. Can't wait for that one. Would live a Spyderco version of one of his flippers, too.