Schempp Bowie- Quick help

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kspodvin

Schempp Bowie- Quick help

Post by kspodvin »

Hey all,

I have been looking around and absolutely fell in love with this knife. Nothing I have ever wanted more. I was an idiot and was not thinking but I bought it from the spyderco website, I noticed there are other sites that charge literally 1/2 the price for the same knife. Why is this? Can anyone help me out with this?
farnorthdan

Re: Schempp Bowie- Quick help

Post by farnorthdan »

Spyderco charges msrp, retailers charge considerably less, I believe this is done so spyderco isnt directly competing with their distributors.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
762cal

Post by 762cal »

^^^
what Dan says
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

I have dealt with the Cutlery Shoppe for years, like 3 decades. Always fair prices and they stand behind their sales. It is a northwest business and I try to buy "locally"...Ed
Donut

Post by Donut »

It wouldn't be much of a "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" if they didn't follow that pricing. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Also, there's a lot of talk about internet sellers vs Brick and Mortar stores.

If you go and open up a store in your local mall and you hire people to work in that store. You will have to make a lot more money off of the products to stay afloat because of operating costs (mainly rent and expenses). An internet retailer can operate out of their garage might be able to charge $5 higher than they buy them for... and still stay afloat.

There are many types of retailers out there.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!