Is the Bayou Shooter Endura an Endura 4?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Anubisman

Is the Bayou Shooter Endura an Endura 4?

Post by Anubisman »

Scored a used one and thinking about swapping in the blade from my black bladed Matriarch 2, if modifications won't be too hard on the frn handle.
spydieh0le

Re: Is the Bayou Shooter Endura an Endura 4?

Post by spydieh0le »

Should fit just fine. Endura and regular matriarch use the same handle. Delica and Lil Matriarch share the same handles as well..
I just saw that bayou shooter up on BF..nice score, don't see them too much anymore.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Yes, the Bayou Shooter is an Endura 4. The scales are identical to the Matriarch 2 scales, except for their color. I haven't done it, but I believe you need to keep the blade with its original lock bar when swapping blades.
Anubisman

Post by Anubisman »

Thanks guys. I think I read that about the lock bar going with the blade as well.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Only question might be the backspacer. When Spyderco decided to move the Matriarch from the Endura 3 handle to the Endura 4 handle, they found that doing so required a small cutout in the backspacer to accommodate the Matriarch's tip and, rather than having to maintain inventory of 2 types of backspacers, they chose to use the modified one on the Endura 4 as well. So, if the Bayou Shooter Endura came before the "Matriarch 2", then the backspacer won't work with the Matriarch blade. If it came after, then it will. I'm not sure of the timeline, so your best bet is to look inside both handles and compare the backspacers before doing the mod. Of course, you could always use the black backspacer, if the Bayou Shooter's lacks the cutout.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

It makes sense to move all the black bits from the Matriarch to the Bayou handles. Screws, backspacer, lockbar, the works.
Studey

Post by Studey »

Bill1170 wrote:It makes sense to move all the black bits from the Matriarch to the Bayou handles. Screws, backspacer, lockbar, the works.
Better yet, just swap scales. ;)