delica carbon fiber info please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dubya3

delica carbon fiber info please

Post by dubya3 »

A friend of mine has an old Delica in carbon fiber, vg-10,and SpyderEdge and would like a little info on history and value (if that's allowed here). It has smooth, almost shiny CF and a two screw tip down clip. I have pictures I can email if needed.

Thanks in advance

Cory
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

Peter1960

Re: delica carbon fiber info please

Post by Peter1960 »

I am lazy about writing again :D

Please check spydiewiki.com - http://spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C11_Delica" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

dubya3 wrote: It has smooth, almost shiny CF and a two screw tip down clip
Are you sure with the two screw clip?
My Delica Sprint 2003 has definitely three screws and tip-down is also possible.

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

You're right, I looked at the picture he sent me again and it's a 3 screw clip. From what I gathered through the link above, it's a RH SE with a 600 piece run so it's fairly rare. Has the number 1248 to the left of the Spydie hole, collectors number or a serial number? The knife is used but not in bad shape at all with most of the noticeable wear to the clip and some light scratches on the scales and blade.

What would be a fair offer for this knife, if I were to make one? :D
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

dubya3 wrote:You're right, I looked at the picture he sent me again and it's a 3 screw clip. From what I gathered through the link above, it's a RH SE with a 600 piece run so it's fairly rare. Has the number 1248 to the left of the Spydie hole, collectors number or a serial number? The knife is used but not in bad shape at all with most of the noticeable wear to the clip and some light scratches on the scales and blade.

What would be a fair offer for this knife, if I were to make one? :D
Spyderco numbered the entire run of these, so it's sort of a serial number, since CC numbers only go to 199. As for value, the fact that it's serrated reduces collector interest and the fact that it's used pretty well kills any that might be left. Realistically, its value would be whatever someone was willing to pay for a serrated CF Delica "user", although I have no idea what that might be.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Don't CC numbers go all the way to 200? I have a Lum Tanto folder marked 200V.
:bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

gbelleh wrote:Don't CC numbers go all the way to 200? I have a Lum Tanto folder marked 200V.
Then it would appear that they do go to 200. I've been assuming the highest was 199 based on two pieces of info. The first being that Gail Glesser's CC number is 000. The second being that there was a limit of 200 "slots" in the club. Sounds like the second one is, at least technically, incorrect. Either that or, if the Lum is the recent Sprint version, CC membership may have been expanded since the time I read about the limit.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It was an original Lum Tanto folder.

Back on topic, it looks like a left handed, SE, CF Delica recently sold on eBay for $240, and it had a serial number of 226 on the blade. But I'd guess a used one as described could go for somewhere around $100, depending on condition.
:bug-red-white