What upcoming Spydie are you most excited for?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

Re: What upcoming Spydie are you most excited for?

Post by Able Dog »

RamZar wrote:KnifeCenter has the Nirvana on preorder for $429.95 which is 40% off MSRP ($719.95).

Nirvana was the 2015 Blade Show Imported Knife Of The Year.
$429 you say, I still want one regardless.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

swigert wrote:I will be interested to put the nirvana right up next to a hinderer. It's interesting that Spyderco uses the mid-tech word.
I just bought my first Hinderer (and sold it). I didn't find its build quality any better than my Taichung knives.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

How do I just pick one?

Sprint Millies, HAP 40 Seki knives, sub $150 GB 2.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I'm with the crowd on the HAP 40 Delica - I will get two. Other than that, Aqua Salt black blade is at the top of the list, along with the new glow-in-the-dark Baliyo.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yeah when are those new baliyo's expected? Seems like a fun way to kill some time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

The Myrtle really has my attention and the lines on the GB2 look very sexty.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

There's just something about that vrango I'm really liking, pretty excited about this one, I really like the blade shape and that anodized Ti with the CF insert. Anyone else thinking about pulling the trigger on this one when it drops?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
mincoda

Post by mincoda »

For me it is the Positron. But would also like to score the forum Native if I am lucky.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Myrtle, HAP40 Stretch, Jade M4 P2!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

Going out on a limb here but the one I am most anxious for is the pink handle Native 5 for women's cancer. I hope to buy it for my wife (her father died of cancer) and get her bit by the Spydie bug. Its a long shot but worth a try! ;)
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Right now there are only two I'm awaiting, the Forum Native 5 Lightweight and the Autonomy.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

farnorthdan wrote:There's just something about that vrango I'm really liking, pretty excited about this one, I really like the blade shape and that anodized Ti with the CF insert. Anyone else thinking about pulling the trigger on this one when it drops?
yes, I very much like the vrango blade too. I got to handle one at Blade. Its kind of a blur since i handled about a million knives there but i seem to remember the knife being a bit smaller than I imagined.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Surfingringo wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:There's just something about that vrango I'm really liking, pretty excited about this one, I really like the blade shape and that anodized Ti with the CF insert. Anyone else thinking about pulling the trigger on this one when it drops?
yes, I very much like the vrango blade too. I got to handle one at Blade. Its kind of a blur since i handled about a million knives there but i seem to remember the knife being a bit smaller than I imagined.
I see KW's has them up for pre-order @ $190 and change, tempted to pre-order but wondering if they might come down a wee bit after release and soak, I'll be grabbing one for sure though.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Ruarch wrote:Going out on a limb here but the one I am most anxious for is the pink handle Native 5 for women's cancer. I hope to buy it for my wife (her father died of cancer) and get her bit by the Spydie bug. Its a long shot but worth a try! ;)
Well played Sir.

I also would like to add the Position to my list.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm most excited right now about the HAP40 sprints, partly I'm sure because I think they'll be shipping soon. I've pre-ordered the Endura and Delica and will probably get both. I really like my SB laminated blades and am anticipating just as much or more fun with the HAP40.

I know you just asked for one... but I think the next most exciting for me now is the upcoming BHQ PM2 CPM-M4 exclusive with natural G-10. I'm not a total PM2 person, but I like both the steel and the scales and they somehow seem to go well together.

I've been wanting a G-10 Delica and Endura for some time, so I'm looking forward to the Super Gold sprints. Don't know about white G-10, but if that's what they are, maybe I can dye them khaki.

If money were no object, I'd jump on the CF M4 exclusives at KW too. The peelply CF from Golden is a top quality, very nice product, but I like variety too, and I already have enough CF on my M2-XL to do me for now ;) The KW exclusive that excites me the most is the green 204P Millie, but I'll probably have to pass on it too.

I'm also looking forward to the new FFG D'Allara drop point. I hope it comes out in SE too and maybe a sheepfoot rescue version. Also the Jumpmaster clip point (or the current sheepfoot) and maybe an Aqua Salt SE. And I still don't have the G-10 Stretch 2,
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

DougC-3 wrote:I'm most excited right now about the HAP40 sprints, partly I'm sure because I think they'll be shipping soon. I've pre-ordered the Endura and Delica and will probably get both. I really like my SB laminated blades and am anticipating just as much or more fun with the HAP40.,
Who did you pre-order with Doug?

paladin

Post by paladin »

Szabohawk (as far as straight production runs) will be part of my truck toolbox...

Heck I might even try chuckin it a few times like Natty Bumppo tossin his ole Tommyhawk ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

farnorthdan wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:I'm most excited right now about the HAP40 sprints, partly I'm sure because I think they'll be shipping soon. I've pre-ordered the Endura and Delica and will probably get both. I really like my SB laminated blades and am anticipating just as much or more fun with the HAP40.,
Who did you pre-order with Doug?
I pre-ordered with Knife Center (~ $89.95 and 99.95), but I noticed that Knife Works says "available for pre-order soon" for $81.95 and 90.95, but shipping charges may even up the prices some -- I haven't checked yet.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Mgj48

Post by Mgj48 »

Both the Aqua salts PE and SE
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

Blue G10 Endura 4!! Don't even care about the steel I just need that g10!