SE Para 2? (poll)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

SE Para2

Yes!
55%
No!
36%
I don't know?
7%
Another variation? (state in the replies)
3%

Total votes: 76

Evil D

Re: SE Para 2? (poll)

Post by Evil D »

demoncase wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I dream of a wharncliffe para so I voted other.
The Yojimbo 2 is pretty much the whol way to what you want, I reckon ;)

It's similar, but way cooler :cool:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Putting a leaf blade into the PM2 would change the knife drastically. I was once a big M2 fan but eventually gravitated toward a knife with less height (top of blade to bottom of handle) when closed. Putting a leaf blade in the PM2 would more or less give you a M2 with a compression lock. That might be interesting, but it wouldn't be a PM2 any more.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

twinboysdad wrote:Although I do prefer leaf blades...I am just stirring the pot since I was cyber-lynched last time I suggested a PM2 blade shape change. Golden would be crazy to alter such a top seller
I don't remember the "lynching" being that bad, haha

Surfingringo wrote:
twinboysdad wrote:Leaf PM2< wharn PM2< current PM2 blade shape< Reverse-S PM2
Fixed that for you. ;)

Surprised your fix didn't read like that. :p
Going back to Caly.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

twinboysdad wrote:It is ridiculous that they don't just flip the grinder to SE on a few hundred just to see what happens! Most popular Spydie even among non Spyderco folks. I sure would prefer Cruwear>s35v>s30v but would still snag an s30v if that was offered.
Brother you kit the nail directly on the center of the head ;) I do realize that plain edged blades do outsell Spyderedged/serrated blades. But there are those of us out there that do appreciate Spyderedged blades and do use them in fact. Everyday I EDC one plain edge and one serrated edge blade and there are not many days that go by that I don't use both of them more than twice a day.

I've heard so many hardcore fans of the Military and Paramilitary both wanting the fully serrated models to be available again. Let's say you do a run of PM 2 models>> let's say for the sake of conversation you do 1200 units per run. Wouldn't it just make perfect sense to do at least 100 of them in Spyderedge? Sure it would because I know for a fact you have at least that many Spyderedged fans would support a model as popular as those two are in Spyderedge.

There are so many great Spyderco models that they have done over the last 8 years or so that were not offered in Spyderedge but yet I've heard dozens of people agree with me that models like the C-111 Captain, The Superhawk, and more fixed blades in Spyderedge>> not to mention this newest marine model TUSK that they recently released should by all means be available in Spyderedge IMO.

Oh by the way I did vote YES :D
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I have been waiting for a SE Para since the Para 2 came out. 3/4 inch of plain at the tip and I would be a very happy new knife buyer.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

akaAK wrote:I have been waiting for a SE Para since the Para 2 came out. 3/4 inch of plain at the tip and I would be a very happy new knife buyer.
This exactly. Kind a 3/4 serrated pm2. All the advantages of a fully serrated knife with enough pe at the tip to give it way more versatility.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

akaAK wrote:I have been waiting for a SE Para since the Para 2 came out. 3/4 inch of plain at the tip and I would be a very happy new knife buyer.
Yes, pretty please, with sugar on top (and Cruwear underneath :))
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Not to sound desperate but I will take one (or two) in any steel that spyderco deems fit. Cruwear would be a good choice but lets be honest I would still be first in line for S30V.

Surfingringo - versatility is the exact right choice of words. I can't imagine me having such diametrically opposed uses for my knives than you (I mean other than cutting things) but that configuration would work for almost any use I would have for a knife that size (yard work and around the house chores). It might be the only knife that would take my CE Millie's spot.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Popping this one back up to the top. Is it going to happen?
SE native 5 happened. CMON SAL!!!!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

How about a 1200 piece sprint run of Cruwear pm2's with maybe 100-200 of them ground with serrations?? Hard to see any downside in that fantasy. ;)
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Of course :rolleyes: :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I wonder if we could convince a distributor to order a sprint run in a Serrated configuration
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I never understood why it wasn't standard production, the PM2 is a great user and for a lot of people SE works best. I'm not sure if I would get one, maybe with the 3/4-1 inch PE tip I would like to carry it as an extra next to a PE blade.
Leaf blade on a PM2 could be brilliant, the only thing I dislike about it is the thumbramp which is why the Strider SnG slightly beats it for me.. With the thumbramp gone it would be an absolute grail. :)
(voted yes! but would also love some other options like the one just mentioned)