Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Post by Surfingringo »

Tabo wrote:I am so in for the HAP 40 Delica.

**I really hope it's not that bright of an orange though. More like this TEXT color.**
yeah, I too was expecting that burnt orange to be a bit more burnt. Who knows, the colors in the pics often look different than real life and even if thats the true color I'm happy enough with it.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

Archimedes wrote:For me I need a user fixed blade that is impervious to sweat and trout guts. Use it and forget it. The Black Aqua Salt with a SE is calling me.
You really prefer a fully serrated edge as a camping/fishing knife? Please say more, I'd like to learn why :)

Bruno
losinground

Post by losinground »

in for the HAP 40's and GB2
videorecipes

Post by videorecipes »

ABX2011 wrote:
videorecipes wrote:i am definitely excited about the gayle bradley 2...but there was no mention of titanium liners -- you'd think that would be something spyderco would advertise as a selling point. should we take that to mean they've reverted to stainless steel? (i'd actually appreciate ss liners for cost and wear reasons!)
Pretty sure we've known since the Amsterdam Meet that the GB2 would have steel liners. Before that, there was mention of titanium liners but that turned out to be false or was changed.
thanks for the explanation, abx2011!

though now i am in a bit of a dilemma: buy the bradley 1 at $150ish or wait for the bradley 2 at $???
swigert

Post by swigert »

Buy the 1 while you can. It's an awesome knife. Then get the 2
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

HAP40 delica is a sure thing.
GB2 and positron look great as well.
I probably do not "need" one but a Spring is high likelihood as well.
Vrango and Myrtle I want to see in person before making a call.

Quite a robust mid year supplement.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

videorecipes wrote:
ABX2011 wrote:
videorecipes wrote:i am definitely excited about the gayle bradley 2...but there was no mention of titanium liners -- you'd think that would be something spyderco would advertise as a selling point. should we take that to mean they've reverted to stainless steel? (i'd actually appreciate ss liners for cost and wear reasons!)
Pretty sure we've known since the Amsterdam Meet that the GB2 would have steel liners. Before that, there was mention of titanium liners but that turned out to be false or was changed.

though now i am in a bit of a dilemma: buy the bradley 1 at $150ish or wait for the bradley 2 at $???
The original gayle bradley has steel liners as well, not titanium if that what you were thinking.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
videorecipes

Post by videorecipes »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
videorecipes wrote:
ABX2011 wrote:

The original gayle bradley has steel liners as well, not titanium if that what you were thinking.
more trying to decide if it's worth it to wait for the smoother profile and slightly lighter weight of the gb2...
videorecipes

Post by videorecipes »

swigert wrote:Buy the 1 while you can. It's an awesome knife. Then get the 2
my wife might take exception to this strategy...though i wouldn't myself haha
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

For me it is the Delica Sprint. I am extremely disappointed that the Delica G10 is not in the catalogue, nor is the Lil Temperance.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Most interested in the Mamba.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

glbpro wrote:
Archimedes wrote:For me I need a user fixed blade that is impervious to sweat and trout guts. Use it and forget it. The Black Aqua Salt with a SE is calling me.
You really prefer a fully serrated edge as a camping/fishing knife? Please say more, I'd like to learn why :)

Bruno

The serrated edge stays sharper longer and is more saw like. I am not going to sharpen it in the field. I really like at this point in my life to travel light. I am not going to be doing any word work or campfire building so I want something that is light and very sharp. So based on my experience, I want a low maintenance knife, that will not rust, that is light to carry. The serrations just work better IMHO for what I use a knife for when I am hiking. I am using a JumpMaster right now and will see if the Aqua Salt can win me over.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Archimedes wrote:I am using a JumpMaster right now and will see if the Aqua Salt can win me over.
I'd really be surprised if it didn't. I have one of the old models and the thing is light, comfortable, and extremely well balanced. If you want 4+ inches of rust-proof SE on you, I can't think of a better way to do it.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Mamba , positron and the gb2 are coming this way. :)
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

For some reason I find the Myrtle very interesting...
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
MCM

Post by MCM »

Jim Malone wrote:Most interested in the Mamba.
Folks will get it once they hold it.
Its really not possible to describe looking at a photo.
My prediction anyway. :D

The HAP 40 Delica is a given. :spyder:
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
apollo

Post by apollo »

Just found a pre order price on the mamba in europe... ( I do not speak of american prices only the european prices from one of the most cheap dealers here on the web)

544 euro's so in dollars it would cost me 597,48 american dollars to buy it here in europe. that is even a 100 euro's more then the price of the Rubicon or slysz bowie down here. :s
Sal we love you but if the prices keep rising we have to go talk with the bank to be able to buy one. :(
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

apollo wrote:Sal we love you but if the prices keep rising we have to go talk with the bank to be able to buy one. :(
Haha tell me about it, prices in Singapore are much the same - roughly double what they pay in the USA. For me that means that the majority of the Taichung models are just too expensive to even consider.

Still, it makes the models that I can afford even more special :D

Bruno
MCM

Post by MCM »

I dont think I want to tell you what I paid for #5 CF Brend Mamba prototype..............
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
apollo

Post by apollo »

glbpro wrote:
apollo wrote:Sal we love you but if the prices keep rising we have to go talk with the bank to be able to buy one. :(
Haha tell me about it, prices in Singapore are much the same - roughly double what they pay in the USA. For me that means that the majority of the Taichung models are just too expensive to even consider.

Still, it makes the models that I can afford even more special :D

Bruno
Indeed that is true i do love my Rubicon more then any other object in my life even more then my car. :D