Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am all over the HAP40 Delica and a Bradley2 myself. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Did anybody notice the blacked out LW Street Beat? I don't remember hearing about that one.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Definitely Positron and Mamba!

Last edited by RamZar on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Did anybody notice the blacked out LW Street Beat? I don't remember hearing about that one.
I did notice it, and I also hadn't heard of it previously. Color me intrigued.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Cool knives, here are the ones I "need," with my favorite as #1:
1. Hap 40 Endura
2. Gayle Bradley 2
3. Hap 40 Delica
4. Vrango
5. Positron
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Possibly Mamba
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Hap 40 Delica
Hap 40 Endura
Vrango

SUS 410 martensitic steel ??? Anyone ?
LC Kid

Nirvana Anyone??

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Ok, it's gonna be:

- HAP40 Sprint Runs
- Gayle Bradley 2
- Myrtle
- Mamba

But the Big Q is: Where's the Nirvana?? :D
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

I'm very interested in the Proficient - Sal Glesser has spoken highly of Chris Claycomb in interviews and it seems he produces very refined designs with great attention to detail. Will be a good companion to my Serrata :)

Will also be nice to see the Bradley 2 - none of the first generation have ever made it to Singapore that I know of...

Regards,
Bruno
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

I am so in for the HAP 40 Delica.

**I really hope it's not that bright of an orange though. More like this TEXT color.**
araneae

Post by araneae »

Street beat is tempting in a LW version. Some HAP40 is probably in order. The Myrtle looks interesting, but it seems like a lot of spendy new models. Good thing there are some new Byrds in the mix, I can afford those. :) Positron looks great, probably won't have the cash for one for a good while.

I remain puzzled by the number of dog tag like folders they are offering, to me they just look like uncomfortable to use little knives with odd blade shapes that would have limited cutting applications.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

GB2, Mamba, Delica, and Endura for me please!
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

araneae wrote:I remain puzzled by the number of dog tag like folders they are offering, to me they just look like uncomfortable to use little knives with odd blade shapes that would have limited cutting applications.
At the Amsterdam meet, Sal told us that the Dogtag and Squarehead were the result of a conflict between two designers who had both worked on one of them. Spyderco defused the situation by doing a collab with both designers, so that might shed some light. The Dogtag is a slipjoint and the Squarehead is a locking "folder" so that's also a distinction between them. I'm not really into them either, but some people have found them very useful.
LC Kid wrote:But the Big Q is: Where's the Nirvana?? :D
Ha probably just a matter of production capacity. Two of the fixed blades and eight of the folders released in this supplement are coming out of Taiwan!
MCM

Post by MCM »

Walter and Phil's knives for sure! Thank you!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
araneae

Post by araneae »

tvenuto wrote:
araneae wrote:I remain puzzled by the number of dog tag like folders they are offering, to me they just look like uncomfortable to use little knives with odd blade shapes that would have limited cutting applications.
At the Amsterdam meet, Sal told us that the Dogtag and Squarehead were the result of a conflict between two designers who had both worked on one of them. Spyderco defused the situation by doing a collab with both designers, so that might shed some light. The Dogtag is a slipjoint and the Squarehead is a locking "folder" so that's also a distinction between them. I'm not really into them either, but some people have found them very useful.
LC Kid wrote:But the Big Q is: Where's the Nirvana?? :D
Ha probably just a matter of production capacity. Two of the fixed blades and eight of the folders released in this supplement are coming out of Taiwan!

Interesting, thanks for the tidbit. Also, at the SFO sale, Sal mentioned that the Taiwan facility had expanded, so Spyderco is obviously keeping them busy. That's a good thing for us.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
videorecipes

Post by videorecipes »

i am definitely excited about the gayle bradley 2...but there was no mention of titanium liners -- you'd think that would be something spyderco would advertise as a selling point. should we take that to mean they've reverted to stainless steel? (i'd actually appreciate ss liners for cost and wear reasons!)

also, what happened to the nirvana collaboration? thought that was supposed to come out by the end of the year...?
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

videorecipes wrote:i am definitely excited about the gayle bradley 2...but there was no mention of titanium liners -- you'd think that would be something spyderco would advertise as a selling point. should we take that to mean they've reverted to stainless steel? (i'd actually appreciate ss liners for cost and wear reasons!)
Pretty sure we've known since the Amsterdam Meet that the GB2 would have steel liners. Before that, there was mention of titanium liners but that turned out to be false or was changed.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Delica HAP-40/SUS410 Sprint, GB2, and little Lum. And that's about it. :cool:
nccole

Post by nccole »

HAP40 Endura
GB2
Myrtle
Maybe the Positron
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I have really been doing a lot of hiking and fishing in the Sierra Nevada lately. For me I need a user fixed blade that is impervious to sweat and trout guts. Use it and forget it. The Black Aqua Salt with a SE is calling me.