why are spydie knife models not available in other spydie steels?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpeedHoles

Re: why are spydie knife models not available in other spydie steels?

Post by SpeedHoles »

Hey Sal,
You still have it?? Was it RC51 VTR1000R, or the VTR1000F Superhawk? Either way, those torquey V-twins! Very unique deep sounds as well! I always wanted the RC51 back when that was a prominent model. :)
Going back to Caly.
sal

Post by sal »

I had the Superhawk. Wanted the RC51, but couldn't pull it off. Love their single swing arms.

I live on a twisty mountain road 30 miles long. I was a knee dragger. My last crash separated my ankle. My doctor said, as he screwed my ankle together, that I had to get off the bikes. It took another 5 years to quite the canyon racing on the Superhawk. something about getting back on the horse. I guess as 65 it was time. Also the SWMBO really started to put her foot down.

sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Ah, I hear ya on that. I was hit by an elderly lady while my wife and I were motorcycle touring in Canada.
Glad to hear you seem to have made it out OK after your crash, and I'm sure with plenty of memories and stories to tell! After all, what do they say "Four wheels may move your body, but two wheels can move your soul", or something to that effect. :)
Going back to Caly.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I guess I see it now. Spending 8 times the money to make the same knife doesn't make much sense.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!