most mean and frightening spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Archimedes

Re: most mean and frightening spyderco?

Post by Archimedes »

mrbushido wrote:yeah i carry a small karambit everyday hey better to be in jail then dead atleast...

cant understand norwegian laws heck im training both the millitary and police in self defence...

they can carry knives batons and pistol but hey im the one who trains them cant go around with a small folder....
If you train Military and Police for self defense with knives then you must be very skilled in weaponless defense. Why break the law?
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

because if you got a blade and i aint im disadvantaged already... defended myself against knives to times in my life never have to draw my own blade or use theres against themselfes.

but i would rather have a knife i never have to use then to risk being without it.....

and actually if you attack me with a knife often i most du greater damage to you without a own blade then with one.
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

and in norway defending yourself is nearly breaking the law already... many who defends themself in this country are the ones to get jailed
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

mrbushido wrote:because if you got a blade and i aint im disadvantaged already... defended myself against knives to times in my life never have to draw my own blade or use theres against themselfes.

but i would rather have a knife i never have to use then to risk being without it.....

and actually if you attack me with a knife often i most du greater damage to you without a own blade then with one.
Well then your either very skilled or very lucky you got in a knife fight with some rank amateurs.
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

think all tre ;)
Saxconnection

Post by Saxconnection »

Have to agree with the civilian.

My dad, who is a laypreacher, ex sheriffs deputy, and knife aficionado, won't even touch my civilian. I offered to let him take it on a trip as a self defense tool, as his CPL had expired. He looked at it and said "yuck". He said he couldn't feel safe in the presence of that blade. I told him it's a different story when you're the one holding it, to which he replied "not interested". When a "knife guy" is turned off by a blade, it's got to have a certain "intimidation factor".

Adam
Adam

Currently looking for...Stretch C90PBLE......PM2 C81CFPE2...Custom Dragonfly Scales...and my holy grail, for now-C10PSGRE-Lost it at a shoot when I had to change out a flat tire. Haven't found a replacement.

Shoot straight, stay sharp!
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The Tactical Ladybug :D

mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

civilian looks more like a ripper like all blades with serrations ;)
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

I get a fair amount of frightened looks when I pull out my Yojimbo2...
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

The blackness of my belt is like the inside of a coffin on a moonless night....

mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Surfingringo wrote:The blackness of my belt is like the inside of a coffin on a moonless night....

actually have seen that movie hahahaa
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

Spyder saw
BD583

Post by BD583 »

The Szabofly. It is also scary for the user. I have one and have never even attempted to flip it.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Spyderco Warrior. I mean, c`mon. It is one big solid full-tang razor-sharp TOOTH. More like a FANG. And you get both Spyder Edge AND plain edge.

What self-respecting Great White Shark, Grizzly or Polar or Kodiak Bear, or Timber Wolf would dare to mess with a person armed with the Warrior? ;)
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Military when Danny Trejo is holding one.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

enduraguy wrote:Any Spyderco when Danny Trejo is holding one.
FIFY
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

It is frightening how much I want a Spyderco Captain, and the price people want for them these days is mean!

...well not really, they can charge whatever they want. :)
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

I think any Spyderco knife that is fully serrated and 3 1/2" or larger is psychologically scary. Something about all those teeth.
B#GuitarMan

Post by B#GuitarMan »

My vote for the Civilian. I don't carry mine because I know if I ever used it in public it would scare the beejeebers out of any nkp in the general vicinity.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

We might ask ourselves, who are we trying to intimidate and why?

In firearms training we are taught never to brandish our weapon for intimidation purposes. If we draw our weapon we better be planning to use it is the mantra. I feel knives should be the same way. I carry a pink LCP sometimes (I got a super deal on it :eek: ;) ) and on occasion friends tell me that if ever drew it on someone that I would get laughed at. My response is always that if I ever draw it on somebody I promise they won't be laughing because I won't be drawing it and waiting for a response of any kind. I feel the same way about a knife. I would feel no safer carrying a Szabo as I would a Military and I would never pull a knife on someone unless I was in a desperate situation and if that was the case they wouldn't have time to be intimidated by anything other than me in full on berserk mode. I believe in attempting to defuse any potentially dangerous situations in a non aggressive manner until it is very clear that force is absolutely necessary. Brandishing a weapon of any kind will usually only escalate the situation and remove most chances of either person walking away in good shape. I am a well prepared pacifist I suppose. :)

That said, if you simply like the aesthetics of one model over the other then I can accept that. However, feeling the need to carry a menacing knife just to make oneself feel safer points to a certain level of insecurity to me.

Sorry if that was a little preachy or sounds a little judgy. I believe we should all be allowed to carry whatever pocket knife we want and was just sharing one man's perspective. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?