reverse knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bodog

reverse knife

Post by Bodog »

Nevermind
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Liquid Cobra

Re: reverse knife

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sorry, I didn't have time to post when I read this earlier. I think it's an interesting idea. As long as the knife was designed in such a way that it was kept simple and still functioned. The idea of adding a flap that protects you from the blade whe closed sounds like a recipe for disaster in terms of engineering etc.

The quarter of a second you save by not having to rotate the blade once you have it open probably isn't worth the trouble unless it was a self defense type scenario. In a situation like that I would want an emerson wave.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Sorry, I didn't have time to post when I read this earlier. I think it's an interesting idea. As long as the knife was designed in such a way that it was kept simple and still functioned. The idea of adding a flap that protects you from the blade whe closed sounds like a recipe for disaster in terms of engineering etc.

The quarter of a second you save by not having to rotate the blade once you have it open probably isn't worth the trouble unless it was a self defense type scenario. In a situation like that I would want an emerson wave.

Thanks man, I'm pretty sure I expressed my idea like an idiot so I just deleted the whole thing.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Not at all, I totally understood what you were saying. I think it's an interesting idea.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't think you had to delete it. It made sense to me. I personally think it is maybe an over complicated solution to a relatively minor thing. I have never really thought about having to adjust the knife after deployment. Some knives would have to be adjusted anyway due to the location of the hole and how you would have to hold it just to be able to access the hole. This idea could however also be useful in the production of a double edge blade which I am not interested in but I am sure some would be. I think my main concern would be that now as the blade is being deployed it is swinging out edge first and if you were to hit something while doing and inertial opening that could be a safety issue. The idea is still good just for discussion and brainstorming.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?