Which Spydie makes you happiest to use?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Which Spydie makes you happiest to use?

Post by twinboysdad »

ergonomically? Sentimentally? Edge geometrically? Just curious
Jazz

Re: Which Spydie makes you happiest to use?

Post by Jazz »

Still working on that - probably always will be, but the Manbug and FFG UKPK's are right up there. Can't really explain why. I just get a "feel" for certain knives beyond their good looks, ergos, and usefulness.
- best wishes, Jazz.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Probably the PM2. Every time I use it I'm struck by the fact that it could easily be the only knife I ever own and would be happy with it forever...but there's more fun in owning lots of models, so I have lots. I have some knives that are better at certain tasks, but the PM2 is what I would consider the most well rounded and overall capable design.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
tap78

Post by tap78 »

My latest discovery: Stretch Spyderedge... full serrations on full flat gring is just fantastic and it feels like it can cut through almost everything...
and Military for sure :)
xinam

Post by xinam »

I have five layed out that I have used regularly this week. Stretch nishijin, manix 2, caly 3.5,police 3 g10 se, perrin ppt. Most surprising on the list is the ppt. When I first piked it up I just didnt get it. It really shines in use and I feel is a great design... The big ol police 3 is also surprising, but I got it immediately. The key is diversity :)
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Its a pretty close competition between the Manix2 and the Para2. Both are super ergonomically comfortable and give you the warm, fuzzy feeling of a Colorado made blade.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

One of the CF Miltiarys (so light, so perfect), Caspian Salt (since I'm diving when I use it) and SE Tasman (because it cuts way above it's size)

I like using my other Spydies as well, but there is something special about these that puts a smile on my face (I try not to grin when holding my breath at 25m, but still)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The answer for me should be the PM2 since it is such a capable, fun well designed knife. But the answer to your question is any one of my UKPK's. There's just something special about them.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

Definitely Yojimbo 2! Such a good knife for utility purposes- which is easy to flip open and cut like crazy good!

Boar-gen
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I have several...for various reasons.
1. Pacific Salt because its such a functional worker and each time I use it I am reminded of good times on the water.
2. Green Paramilitary2. This knife was gifted to me by my girlfriend under some extremely thoughtful circumstances.
3. PE Lil Matriarch...just because its such a joy to cut with.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Para2.. Just something about this knife.. Fits good in hand and makes me smile!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Hertz33

Post by Hertz33 »

1. Southard
2.Yojimbo 2
3.Paramilitary 2
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Lately the Schempp Bowie has been unexpectedly fun to use. Also the PITS folder. But going back to the Para 2 is always happiness.
:bug-red-white
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Easy. Pacific Salt, because it means I am fishing, about to go fishing, or just got back from fishing.

I guess a very distant second would be the Southard, because I love flipping it open.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

For me, it would be the Manix 2 Cruwear, the S35VN PM2, the Lil' Lionspy, the Forum Native 5, the Gayle Bradley or the orange Dragonfly. I know that's a long list, but I can't narrow it down any further.
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That's a hard one. Sometimes what I really like doesn't always fall in line with what I expect and use for EDC. For example, my Southard is still one of my all time top favs, but it won't slice near as well as my Manix 2. Even though both are favorites, and the Manix is my primary and possibly favorite EDC, I probably enjoy the Southard more overall. It's a similar situation with my Military, those knives are fantastic to use but aren't my favorite for EDC.
CyberKlown28

Post by CyberKlown28 »

Gotta smile everytime I use the Roadie.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

1.Techno - is so fun to hold and use
2.Manix 2 Cruwear - beautifull, great allaround steel, great edge geometry, it gives me proud of ownership
3.Blue G10, M390, Para 2 - is such a great allarounder, love it !
4.Foliage green S30V UKPK - most Spydernomic and interesting enough it was my first Spydie

They all put a smile on my face.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Strangely, my Pingo is way up there. It has 3 features that I should not like, it is orange, it is a two hand opener, and it is a slipjoint. Add to that a minimal tip. But I just really like using it. It sort of reminds me that no matter how hard I try, I am not Jason Bourne. It is really all the knife I usually need. Hard to say what it is that I like about it, but the fact that it overcomes 3 objections and still is a pleasure to use is real.
remnar

Post by remnar »

The YO 2 always gives me a smile when I use it but the one that gives me a consistent sense of satisfaction is the CF Caly 3. It's such a great blade in a relatively small package.