Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The diamond cut g10 may only come in the thinner g10 stock that was used on the forum Native and Cruwear manix2. They both use thinner g10 than the para2 does because their liners are not nested. The reason I say this is because I asked Halper if I could get some green diamond cut G10 option 5 scales for my S110v mule to match my forum native and was told that they could not do it because it was not available in the thicker sheets that they would have needed to make the option 5 scales out of.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Donut

Post by Donut »

Let's see what kind of Golden made lock backs we have to choose from...

I'm in for a full sized C95 Manix sprint. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah, either all grey, or diamond pattern grey, it's all good with me.
With as few of the 20CP's I see I don't think that one can claim it as its own color of all time.
Going back to Caly.
Lost

Post by Lost »

SpeedHoles wrote:Yeah, either all grey, or diamond pattern grey, it's all good with me.
With as few of the 20CP's I see I don't think that one can claim it as its own color of all time.
Agreed, I've been trying to get my hands on a 20cp Pm2 for awhile now and you rarely see them on the secondary market.

I'd like to see it in grey as well!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra wrote: They could always try the diamond pattern with grey g10. But in all honestly I don't think it would be terrible if they did it with regular grey g10 even though they've already done it. It's a different steel which in my mind is enough to make it different enough from from the 20CP version.

After the M4 PM2 we will have 3 different sprint/exclusives with the same handle and no one seems too upset about it.
I personally think it would be fine--I was just wondering if Spyderco will be ok with it. Your example of the CF para2s is strong evidence that it would probably be ok to repeat a color in a different steel. :)

While I would love a Cruwear PM2, I don't "need" one, especially with the announcement of the M4 and S110V versions. If it comes to fruition, count me in, but if not, I won't be too disappointed.
Lost

Post by Lost »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote: They could always try the diamond pattern with grey g10. But in all honestly I don't think it would be terrible if they did it with regular grey g10 even though they've already done it. It's a different steel which in my mind is enough to make it different enough from from the 20CP version.

After the M4 PM2 we will have 3 different sprint/exclusives with the same handle and no one seems too upset about it.
I personally think it would be fine--I was just wondering if Spyderco will be ok with it. Your example of the CF para2s is strong evidence that it would probably be ok to repeat a color in a different steel. :)

While I would love a Cruwear PM2, I don't "need" one, especially with the announcement of the M4 and S110V versions. If it comes to fruition, count me in, but if not, I won't be too disappointed.
When and where was the S110V Paramiltary 2 announced? I missed this!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

GoldenSpydie wrote:

I need a cruwear PM2 in my life. I also need an M4 and S110V PM2 in my life. It's not often I use the word "need" when it comes to inanimate objects. It would seem there is no quench for my PM2 thirst. :eek:
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

LuxN wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:

When and where was the S110V Paramiltary 2 announced? I missed this!
On British Blades Sal confirmed that midnight blue would be the colour of for s110v military and para. :D :D :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Lost

Post by Lost »

Wow.. Time to put more away for my Spyderco fund coming up.. My bank account hates me.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I'm not sure there's a knife that wouldn't be better in Cruwear. Ok maybe the Salt series, but that's probably it. I've named my Cruwear Military my favorite and the last knife I'd ever let go a couple times around here, and it's still true. This steel just seems like it was made for me.

I think it would only make sense to do it in grey G10. It would indeed drive me crazy seeing two grey G10 PM2's in my knife box, but I don't think there's a good alternative. Not even the diamond pattern. I think it should match the Military and be plain grey G10, like the 204P Military will match my 204P PM2. Then I'll have two matching sets! (Note: None of the previous statements are endorsed by my bank account, and are solely the opinions and dreams of me after a couple of beers and a long day.)

One thing though. I gotta know once and for all, what exactly is
The Mastiff wrote:Mastiffwear
? I feel like I'm missing out. I want my own steel! 204Payne!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

bearfacedkiller wrote: On British Blades Sal confirmed that midnight blue would be the colour of for s110v military and para. :D :D :D
Are you serious?

Kristi please delete my account and ban my IP, I can no longer afford to stay here.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

^ haha, that would probably be a smart thing...

I almost feel like the grey G10 scales were cut and there was supposed to be a matching run of Cruwear PM2's, to go along with the Millies, but then a shipment of 20CP arrived instead and Cruwear got backordered or something and put on a long term back burner... so they sent out the 20CP in the grey scales instead.

...soooooo, does this also mean they should do Cruwear PM2 AND 20CP Millies now, also in grey? :D
I just love grey now, haha.
Going back to Caly.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I love the grey too.

I'm going to take Spyderco's silence about this knife as a confirmation that it is in the works. The same silence was heard here on the forums regarding an M4 PM2 :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

PayneTrain wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote: On British Blades Sal confirmed that midnight blue would be the colour of for s110v military and para. :D :D :D
Are you serious?

Kristi please delete my account and ban my IP, I can no longer afford to stay here.
Brace yourself. :) The post actually said that they would be using S110v in ALL of their USA models. Whoa!!!!!
-Darby
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I have the 2 Cruwear models. I would like the upcoming PM2 in M4 but I haven't decided about the price yet. I would also like to know how Cruwear compares to M4 in real world use. In other words would I notice much difference if any at all?

Considering the M4 version coming up, it is unlikely to see a Cruwear version for a long time. I'm not sure what another very likely candidate would be for Cruwear, maybe the Stretch.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

A cruwear Domino sure would be nice.

@liquid_cobra
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Cruwear Superhawk. C'mon. Do it.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Whoa, easy now, I can only flip my lid so many times before I lose it! :eek:

Let's not get too distracted from the main topic... a Pair'a mill, uh, Terry, too, wants to Wear a Cru-cut... or wait, what? I've lost it. :p
Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (6.84 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
:D
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpeedHoles wrote:Whoa, easy now, I can only flip my lid so many times before I lose it! :eek:
Let's not get too distracted from the main topic... a Pair'a mill, uh, Terry, too, wants to Wear a Cru-cut... or wait, what? I've lost it. :p
Well, since bdblue points out that it's gonna be a looong time before we can get a Cruwear PM2 maybe we can digress a bit while we're waiting ;)
PayneTrain wrote:Cruwear Superhawk. C'mon. Do it.
Yeah, I was thinking Superleaf, but since both were made in Japan I think that's out of the question.
Liquid Cobra wrote:A cruwear Domino sure would be nice.
That would certainly be feasible, and how about a Manix2 XL in grey G-10 !!

....now, back to the PM2 Cruwear :D... without diamond checkering is fine with me !
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.