Spyderco shirts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: Spyderco shirts

Post by tvenuto »

Yea I'm sure we have some graphic designers on here who could submit some designs to make it easy on spyderco. That way all they'd have to do is call up a screen printer with the finished design they like.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I'd like to see a thread where folks submit design ideas. I agree about simple and tasteful. I would buy several shirts in a design like losinground posted. One clean design in a few different shirt colors. Heck, I'd think they would sell quite a few just to folks on the forums.

30 new knives being released just this year. I'm sure the folks at Spyderco have their hands full right now. I wonder if they would allow one of the forum members to make a few hundred shirts and announce/sell them on here. I'm sure with the diverse backgrounds here, someone would be well qualified for that project (not me, lol). Anyway, just thinking out loud.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

vaisforlovers wrote:Like this please:

With permission this would be very easy to do via custom ink.
I would like this but in a tech tee. I would pick up a few of them myself. I run a lot and live in tech tees all summer long.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I have another idea. What if someone volunteered to make a small run of these in an approved shirt/design. We could charge $5-$10 over cost per shirt and agree to donate all profit to our favorite charity, which we could determine by poll. I know it would be contingent upon Spyderco even approving something like that but I can't see any losers in the plan. Everybody gets a shirt, Spyderco gets walking billboards and we all get to do something nice.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Surfingringo wrote:I have another idea. What if someone volunteered to make a small run of these in an approved shirt/design. We could charge $5-$10 over cost per shirt and agree to donate all profit to our favorite charity, which we could determine by poll. I know it would be contingent upon Spyderco even approving something like that but I can't see any losers in the plan. Everybody gets a shirt, Spyderco gets walking billboards and we all get to do something nice.
I'm with you on this Lance. I imagine they are more than busy at Spyderco HQ. If all they had to do was approve a design for one of us to get made in a small batch to sell among other forum-ites, it would make this idea much more likely to go through, IMHO.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Black, high quality shirt, please do more than a "shirt pocket sized logo" on the front, do something like the one on the first page, and then put a huge dinner plate sized red spyder on the back. Tell me where to send the money.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SpeedHoles wrote:
LuxN wrote: Would also be cool if we could include Sal and Eric's stamps we see on the Golden knives as well.

That's a cool idea, I like that as well.
Excellent idea!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I have a few Spyderco shirts, all bought off eBay. The grey, red and black tees in the back are not Spyderco products. I'm not sure whether the company that made them reached out to Spyderco or not for approval. They are solidly made comfy shirts though. The All God's Critters shirt and the polo are legit AFAIK.

This shirt I received from Casey Lynch, the originalspaceman on BF, and has his awesome logo on it. I love the color too, he knows I like blue ;)! He made the Ti scales and prybar below. Casey's great to deal with and super friendly, plus his products are top quality.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
christopher

Post by christopher »

What plan. If they are sized in longs too, I'd be down for at least 3. What a shirt! It would get a lot of wear. Love the idea Shabowie, great thinking!
shabowie

Post by shabowie »

The design by losinground looks awesome too.
Last edited by shabowie on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Wouldn't be interested if it had the word Spyderco was written out.......that for me would be too blatant and in some PC environments such as an office might be deemed as advertising that you carry knives and be taken as an "intimidating" factor. Which I think is completely dumb ........but exactly the way a lot of neurotic NKP (aka sheeple) could interpret it.

A nice summer weight Coolmax/Climalite polo shirt with a red understated bug over the left chest (where the horse in the Polo brand shirts sit) would be office friendly and a wink to those in the know. I'm also just not into being a walking billboard for any brand......no matter how much I might like the brand. Other's opinions will certainly vary of course ;)

But for a long sleeved winter shirt (think base layer material) a nice big red bug centered on the upper back would be nice too. :D
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
shabowie

Post by shabowie »

Manixfan, I agree a business casual polo with a really subdued logo would be cool too. But I'd like the design like losinground mocked up in a tshirt too.

I'm now wondering: have they had this stuff in the past and it didn't sell well or just too busy to do it? Why no recent Spyderco shirts? I knew about the "all God's critters" design and seen some with some schematics and other shirts from the past but none recently.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Evil D wrote:Black, high quality shirt, please do more than a "shirt pocket sized logo" on the front, do something like the one on the first page, and then put a huge dinner plate sized red spyder on the back. Tell me where to send the money.
This!!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I work for an apparel screen printer where we do both screen printing and embroidery. If shirts were to happen, we'd be happy to work with Spyderco if they don't already have a trusted and reliable printer! I'm assuming they do, but I figured, I'd offer the service anyway.

I know Id be in for a couple shirts if they were made!
-Nick :bug-red
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

With permission from Spyderco, of course, I'd volunteer to run this. Booster.com could do this for us. Booster's ROEs are something like: they take payment from all parties only if there are enough orders to break even. Above the break even point a small profit is made. They send "profits" after the break point to the "recipient" of the manger's choice, in this case either Spyderco or a charity/non-profit. They handle the manufacturr and the shipping.

As for design, we could vote on a favorite and do one, followed by another if the first is successful.

As for recipient of "profits", we could vote on that too. Knife rights, Red Cross, etc.

I once again volunteer to do this, but only with the company's permission.

Looks like SS tees run $15 ish
LS tees $20-22 ish
LS Tech tees $25 ish
They get cheaper the more we buy.
losinground

Post by losinground »

I used to do graphic design a ways back, I'm a little rusty. I just took the logo at the top and slapped it on a shirt. I always like simple designs. If you have any ideas, please message me with them. I will try to put something together.
- charlie
Lost

Post by Lost »

I'm liking where this is going...
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I would pick up a few shirts if they were produced.

Ideally a small logo on the front and a larger one on the back.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Well.. It is looking like this just may happen after all.. I hope!! :D John :cool:
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I like the losingground "reliable high performance" design, I'd take one in black and grey marle