Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by tvenuto »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Not sure if I dare announce it for fear of my bad luck with this model: a Kris is due to be delivered to my door this afternoon!

Nice DKPK pickup Eli, if it's the eBay one, you're lucky I was excercising immense self-control by not outbidding you. ;) It's one of two or so Slipits left for me to find :)
I wish you luck, good sir. A special model to be sure, well worth a sprint.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I picked up a TI ATR that was missed advertised as a steel handled ATR. I was very happy when I opened the box and my suspicion was confirmed. I feel it was a good deal.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Archimedes wrote:I picked up a TI ATR that was missed advertised as a steel handled ATR. I was very happy when I opened the box and my suspicion was confirmed. I feel it was a good deal.
Wow, now that is a score! Pics when you get it please :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Here we go.
Attachments
P1011501.jpg
P1011492.jpg
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wow, what was the price if you don't mind me asking?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

No problem. I paid $225 and it came with box, which I feel is a good deal, considering one is on eBay right now for 650. This one is in my pocket.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That's not a good deal, that's an amazing deal. Nice job!

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

tvenuto wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Not sure if I dare announce it for fear of my bad luck with this model: a Kris is due to be delivered to my door this afternoon!
I wish you luck, good sir. A special model to be sure, well worth a sprint.
Thank you! It did come yesterday (although I did have to chase the postman down to get it), and it's glorious! I'll post pics soon, but I am amazed at how ultra cool this knife is. A sprint of the Kris would be fantastic, simply epic! Cheers, Radioactive :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

Delica 4 FFG in blue. ETA : Friday the 24th !
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Superleaf from a different source (somebody who really had one) :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Got the notice today, my Damascus Ti Endura on pre-order has finally shipped, can't wait.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Finally got around to ordering the PPT Perrin sprint!!
-Nick :bug-red
elrond18

Post by elrond18 »

Waiting for my Native 5 lightweight. Hopefully it'll be here today!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Superleaf out for delivery! :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Tasman Salt serrated on it's way to me....I love me Harpy, but this seems like a 'Harpy Plus' in the spec- also, I have a long love for the 'volcano' FRN texture.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I have a DesHorn and a Ti/Damascus Delica on the way! Very excited.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

chuckd wrote:I have a DesHorn and a Ti/Damascus Delica on the way! Very excited.
Des Horn is very special little gent's knife- and gloriously pointy.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

DougC-3 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Superleaf :D I've wanted one of these for two years but thought I couldn't justify it because it's so redundant with my 8 Manix2's :o I'm trying to just buy stuff that I'll actually use... then I finally got my hands on one in a brick & mortar store and it fit my hand so great I really loved it. I actually like the blade shape better than the Manix2 regular size. Also I'm a real fan of deep-carry wire clips. I located a great deal on a new one from an online store.
I thought this deal was too good to be true. Just got a notice that they were only kidding about having a couple of dozen (or any at all) in stock. :(
The "cart trick" indicated that they had more than that. On the up side, I can still get it at the B&M store.

That's what you get for stirring up bad mojo by "showrooming" a brick and mortar small business just to leave and go buy it online. ;)
just kidding... tis a serious controversial issue going on in present day society though.

I've got a JD Smith firing right across the continent at me right now! :D
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpeedHoles wrote: That's what you get for stirring up bad mojo by "showrooming" a brick and mortar small business just to leave and go buy it online. ;)
just kidding... tis a serious controversial issue going on in present day society though.
True. This place is far enough away that I only visit it once or twice a year. They're very patient and will show you knives almost indefinitely, so I always make it a point to make a significant purchase when I go there, sometimes a knife. This time I couldn't make up my mind and was distracted near the end of my visit by cutting the back of my forefinger while messing with the lock on a Tatanka. Jeez, that Tatanka blade swings like a pendulum and cuts like a razor. Fortunately they had a huge box of bandaids in reach.

They're a general "outdoor" store and not in the Spyderco Dealer Locator, but this time I was amazed at the variety they had, especially new ones I hadn't seen except in the catalog. This time I wound up buying the Superleaf from an individual after getting a tip from a helpful Spyderbro' .
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Backup BBS Domino (blue G10/CTS-204P). I picked it up (LNIB) from an Ebay seller for a decent deal.