Sharpening forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Re: Sharpening forum

Post by jabba359 »

Brunzenstein48 wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
Especially the lenses, start buying good ones and before long one would have to take out a 2nd Mortgage on their house.
The trick is: Its not so much the lenses but the chosen light and camera position. A good lighting equipment or position to catch the right angle is far more valuable then any lens - one can shoot with a pin-hole-camera or AGFA Klack, given good light arrangement or cameramen position, far better photos than a superdupa camera with most expensive lenses if the light is nor right.
The quote attributed to me isn't my quote, but whatever. :rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure what this lighting thing is, or camera position, but it sounds like snake oil. All I need is awesome lenses and then the beautiful images will make themselves, right? /s ;)

But honestly, you're right and I've made your argument many a time with inexperienced producers. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "You have an awesome camera, so we don't need to rent lights," then I'd have a good chunk of cash. There are people out there making fantastic images with their phones and some lighting, and other people with all the newest and best cameras and lenses making terrible images.

Sal, maybe we need a sub forum on sharpening not our knives, but our photography/cinematography skills. :D
Last edited by jabba359 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Ankerson

Re: Sharpening forum

Post by Ankerson »

We kinda borrowed his thread and started talking about Photography.

Maybe a new thread over on OT might be better.
Brunzenstein48

Not a Sharpening but a maintenance forum would fit

Post by Brunzenstein48 »

so that each and every aspect of knife maintenance could be covered.
From dusting, sharpening to handle oiling.

I think that would be a common denominator everybody could be happy with - or?
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives.
It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

Charles Darwin