Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!!

Post by TomAiello »

I think I have to say:

KNIFE WORKS ROCKS!

Thanks!
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

SpeedHoles wrote: I don't know why you're rolling eyes at it. I thought it was your thread, but maybe my recollection was wrong, sorry. Was just a suggestion anyway, based on a guess that the poll may change a bit with news of this highly anticipated exclusive already coming and not being a chance of a Forum Knife as an M4 PM2... with Caly 3.5 in second maybe it could have taken over the top spot. But you're right, regardless, all the right people have hopefully already seen that and correlated it to other things we don't know behind the scenes like this M4 PM2 exclusive, and are eyeballing to shoot a Caly down the pipeline instead! :D
Sorry, the eye rolling was not directed at you but rather a self deprecating one towards the experience itself - which was rather like trying to herd cats towards achieving a consensus......which I'd rather not repeat. Also, for me to repeat that exercise would put me in the position of feeling like that nagging kid who would repeatedly be saying, "Are we there yet?" and thereby driving his parents up the wall.

No disrespect intended towards you or your initial post which I took to be a friendly suggestion.......just not one that I want to follow up with due to the reasons stated. But, yes your recollection is correct - I was one of the forum members who started up a couple of polling threads based on several different factors. But sometimes I can get caught up in things and become too focused in my pursuits which can be taken the wrong way and sometimes cause otherwise avoidable friction with other forumites whose contributions I have a lot of respect for. If that description fits anyone reading this post then I sincerely apologize for any bruised feelings that might have arisen. As previously mentioned, I would also prefer not to get caught up in something that I now feel is unnecessary given the amount of prior discussion on the topic.

While I would absolutely love the next Forum knife to be the Caly 3.5 (it is still hogging my pocket space) as it seems would a lot of other folks from the polling. All of these opinions have already been expressed and I'm sure has been noted by Sal and Spyderco, as he had stated at the time, "We are watching" (not sure if that is an exact quote and too lazy to look it up).

So at this time I am inclined to trust Spyderco to make the right decision for them in the production of the next Forum knife. They sure knocked it out of the park the last time around. Again, sorry for the emoticon misunderstanding. :o
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

TomAiello wrote:I think I have to say:

KNIFE WORKS ROCKS!

Thanks!
Completely agree!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

KW exclusives page now have an email-me option for this knife. They also listed their price $240...

(Hope I'm not breaking the rules by mentioning the price)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Brock O Lee wrote:KW exclusives page now have an email-me option for this knife. They also listed their price $240...

Thanks for the heads up. I must say I'm a bit surprised at the MSRP on this one. Maybe they got some special CF for this one...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks Hans for the heads up and the price info. I'm in for two of these if I can afford it at the time. Otherwise I'm in for one whether I can afford it or not :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
shabowie

Post by shabowie »

Man I really want one or two of these but that price.

Like Steve Zissou says right before the helicopter crash in The Life Aquatic, "This is gonna hurt!"
grewich

Post by grewich »

That price is high. But who are we kidding, they could have set the price at $360 and people would still buy it.
grewich

Post by grewich »

Seriously, factory seconds of the blue m390 and both cf versions go for stupid high dollar. Imagine this one in the secondary market in a few years. Wowsers

I'm calling it now. The first $1000 Spyderco
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cranberry Chinese Lum sold on eBay for over a thousand dollars a few weeks ago :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I think the 1200 released will temper it (the future value) somewhat. It's only slightly more expensive than the Yo2 exclusive and I thought that one was well worth it.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

tvenuto wrote:I think the 1200 released will temper it (the future value) somewhat. It's only slightly more expensive than the Yo2 exclusive and I thought that one was well worth it.
I also have the Yo2 exclusive and think it really a beautiful knife but with all the selection and the Caly 3.5 that's been hogging my pocket lately - I haven't really carried it at all......except for some fondling time in front of the TV.

Without looking to go into a long exchange and potentially derailing this post......how do you find it for EDC.....where does it excel and what are some of its limitations?

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous using it for EDC because of the fineness of the tip. What can it hold up to in general use and what do you think I should stay away from while using it?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

ManixFan wrote:Without looking to go into a long exchange and potentially derailing this post......how do you find it for EDC.....where does it excel and what are some of its limitations?

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous using it for EDC because of the fineness of the tip. What can it hold up to in general use and what do you think I should stay away from while using it?
I really like it for EDC, much more than I thought I would. If I had to say a limitation, it would be how you carry it due to it's atypical shape when closed. The part above the clip is a bit pointy and could jab into you depending how you carry. I wouldn't say the tip is especially fragile, although I don't go stabbing into concrete bags or anything, most of my tasks are box/tape based and it just zips right through.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

tvenuto wrote:
ManixFan wrote:Without looking to go into a long exchange and potentially derailing this post......how do you find it for EDC.....where does it excel and what are some of its limitations?

I really like it for EDC, much more than I thought I would. If I had to say a limitation, it would be how you carry it due to it's atypical shape when closed. The part above the clip is a bit pointy and could jab into you depending how you carry. I wouldn't say the tip is especially fragile, although I don't go stabbing into concrete bags or anything, most of my tasks are box/tape based and it just zips right through.
Thanks for the reply! Good to know for when I start to carry mine for EDC rather than fondling :)

The Yo2 is my first compression lock and while I do like it especially since the blade path is completely clear when closing (like the CBBL) I find that sometimes the locking mechanism can pinch me if I'm not paying attention. I guess that will happen less as I use it more.

Now back to the topic at hand.......the KW M4 PM2 will be my first PM2.....as well as my first M4 blade......so this will be an especially welcome addition to my little collection. I was also looking for the green PM2 KW exclusive that I missed out on but haven't yet found it at a price that I like. So unless that changes I will wait for this one......and also the new Military. It's kind of funny that I have all the Spyderco's that I do and I don't yet have two of the most iconic models :D

But with this new KW's announcement that will be rectified as soon as they are released. :)
DJ

Post by DJ »

I just wanna say count me in ............I think this one will be ready in 2016 though :( Iam unsure of this though.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

^ If so, it will be a sad Christmas for boys who get no toys. :p

KW probably knows they will sell more PM2 exclusives, so maybe they will release a Millie first in hopes that those craving for the M4 PM2 will purchase a Millie exclusive first just to hold them over while waiting! But who knows, it's probably more up to production schedule than over thinking demand tactics! :D
Going back to Caly.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Also a little surprised by the price.

It's not ridiculous but seems a litte much. That will be what it sells for or usual Spyderc type MSRP?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
shabowie

Post by shabowie »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Also a little surprised by the price.

It's not ridiculous but seems a litte much. That will be what it sells for or usual Spyderc type MSRP?
They listed the MSRP as $360 and noted they would sell it for $240.

I figure they're looking at what some of the exclusives and sprints are going for on the secondary market and figure people will still buy it if they bump the price a bit. As long as they put a steel people are interested and a nice g10 color or cf scales.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

makes me want to buy a PM2 until this one comes out! I've decided that I absolutely need to get atleast one of these m4 paras!
Tdhurl1103

Post by Tdhurl1103 »

senorsquare wrote:
Brock O Lee wrote:KW exclusives page now have an email-me option for this knife. They also listed their price $240...

Thanks for the heads up. I must say I'm a bit surprised at the MSRP on this one. Maybe they got some special CF for this one...
Yeah, I rolled over to KW to get on the email list, then I saw the price and....well, lets just say there are a few other Spydies, I need more than this one. I'm kicking myself for this, but I'm gonna have to let it pass. To everyone, if you can afford it, GET IT!!!
Tom H

Spydernation #327
Beckerhead #284
KA-BAR Krew #27

Para 3, Gayle Bradley 1, Double Bevel, Paramilitary 2, Paramilitary 2 S110V, Sage 1, Persistence