Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by GoldenSpydie »

GoldenSpydie wrote:C95 Manix (CE) and Ocelot (CE)
The Manix has arrived, but the Ocelot is still in the mail.

In addition, I just nabbed an original, like-new Meerkat (440C, Golden-made) for $50, and a gen1 black Ladybug for just under $5.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Where do you find these deals?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

PE Lil Matriarch on route!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Where do you find these deals?
Ebay. :D I just happen to get lucky in one of two ways:

1. I often refresh my Ebay window just in time to see a new Buy-It-Now listing appear at a great price.

For example, last year, I got a $30 Poliwog in this way. The Meerkat was a BIN listing for $60, but I did a Best Offer and got $10 off. I was lucky on this one--the seller quickly accepted my Best Offer. One time, I missed a NIB 20CP Para2 for $190 because I tried to send a Best Offer for $175, and the Para sold before the seller accepted my offer. I still kick myself over that one. :mad:

2. I have some tricks to find items that are not labeled correctly, including searching for misspelled versions of "Spyderco." Also, I skim through every listing under Spyderco instead of just searching for particular models, as often a seller won't know what they're selling, so they just put "Spyderco" + "insert random description."

Examples include: $100 C22 Michael Walker (seller did not know it was a Spyderco :rolleyes:), $160 set of bolstered Persians (seller did not know they were Persians--listed simply as "Spyderco VG-10 Rare Set by Schempp."
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

You better be getting good grades in school Eli...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

Speaking of eBay, who picked up that NIB blue Chinese Lum two nights ago for $145? I just stared and stared at that listing in disbelief!

I have a full size Micarta Dyad inbound :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:You better be getting good grades in school Eli...
You can count on it--4.125 GPA for me, which is the highest possible for a freshmen with one honors class. ;) :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Just snagged a PM1 in black/black/pe for $75.

There's one left, if anyone wants a PM1. The seller has it listed as $100, but he apparently accepts Best Offers.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Spyderco street beat en route.
losinground

Post by losinground »

Just ordered Mule Team 19 (PSF27) w/ Halpern natural brown micarta flat scales. My first fixed blade from Spyderco. I'm excited.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

OK. My fifth Spyderco (I'm counting the two Dragonfly 2s I lost) is still enroute. We had one of those spring Rocky Mountain snow storms and the bloomin' truck got held up somewhere and now I won't see my new Tenacious until Monday. Boo hoo...

OK. I feel better now.

Not really...
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Rayd

Post by Rayd »

Orange bone damascus Endura
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

DK-PK

Not to be confused with the Spy-Dk. ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Superleaf :D I've wanted one of these for two years but thought I couldn't justify it because it's so redundant with my 8 Manix2's :o I'm trying to just buy stuff that I'll actually use... then I finally got my hands on one in a brick & mortar store and it fit my hand so great I really loved it. I actually like the blade shape better than the Manix2 regular size. Also I'm a real fan of deep-carry wire clips. I located a great deal on a new one from an online store.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Stretch Super Blue Sprint Run
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

MichaelScott wrote:OK. My fifth Spyderco (I'm counting the two Dragonfly 2s I lost) is still enroute. We had one of those spring Rocky Mountain snow storms and the bloomin' truck got held up somewhere and now I won't see my new Tenacious until Monday. Boo hoo...

OK. I feel better now.

Not really...
Happy dance! It showed up this afternoon, along with the sun. Now, it's certainly not a Para Military 2, or a Manix or a Native, but almost. I'm very happy with it and will cut, chop, slice, lop and mince away with it and report back here later on.

Frankly, I am very pleased and somewhat amazed that Spyderco is able to produce a knife of this quality for under $40 USD. Thank you Spyderco.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

I'm waiting for a CruWear Military :spyder:
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

DougC-3 wrote:Superleaf :D I've wanted one of these for two years but thought I couldn't justify it because it's so redundant with my 8 Manix2's :o I'm trying to just buy stuff that I'll actually use... then I finally got my hands on one in a brick & mortar store and it fit my hand so great I really loved it. I actually like the blade shape better than the Manix2 regular size. Also I'm a real fan of deep-carry wire clips. I located a great deal on a new one from an online store.
I thought this deal was too good to be true. Just got a notice that they were only kidding about having a couple of dozen (or any at all) in stock. :(
The "cart trick" indicated that they had more than that. On the up side, I can still get it at the B&M store.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
RadioactiveSpyder

Not sure if I dare announce it for fear of my bad luck with this model: a Kris is due to be delivered to my door this afternoon!

Nice DKPK pickup Eli, if it's the eBay one, you're lucky I was excercising immense self-control by not outbidding you. ;) It's one of two or so Slipits left for me to find :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

GoldenSpydie wrote:DK-PK

Not to be confused with the Spy-Dk. ;)
You won that auction did you? I wanted to bid so bad, but I just bought the PPT and the wife would have ended me. I couldn't believe that that knife popped up, such a great score. That would have been a nice addition to my UKPK collection. If you ever want to get rid of it... :D

Anyway, congrats.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra