Spyderco dragonfly ti Damascus

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
grewich

Spyderco dragonfly ti Damascus

Post by grewich »

The g10 d-fly is my most carried all time favorite knife. We've seen a Ti Endura and a Ti delica. Anyone interested in a Ti Damascus Dragonfly?
ohcyclist

Re: Spyderco dragonfly ti Damascus

Post by ohcyclist »

Yes indeed!!!
mattman

Post by mattman »

I would...

But The Deacon is starting to sway my opinion of the pattern Japan uses.

I'd get a Dragonfly, just 'cause I love the Dragonfly, but I'd love to see some U.S. models, with some domestic patterns!

Ti Damascus Millie, anyone?

Edited for sprelling...
Last edited by mattman on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

mattman wrote:I'd get a Dragonfly, just 'cause I love the Dragonfly, bit I'd love to see some U.S. models, with some domestic patterns!

Ti Damascus Millie, anyone?
+1 how 'bout a smooth Ti/Dam Native?
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

I'm all for a Ti/Damascus Dragonfly, Native 5, and Paramilitary 2. How about a Manix 2??
eagletalon

Post by eagletalon »

Yummy, I have the SS Dragonfly and I love the smooth feel so a Ti version would be make a great addition to the collection. As long as it's reasonably priced.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

eagletalon wrote:As long as it's reasonably priced.
Well if you believe Spyderco doesn't seek to gouge its customers, all of their models are priced in accordance with their cost to produce, not in some unreasonable fashion. I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but you'll have to excuse that I'm a little sensitive on the topic of high quality goods/services that both require and justify higher prices. When it comes to a metal handle, each person will have to decide if the increased price is worth the marginal benefits over SS. In fact, it seems to me that one of the "benefits" is the cool factor of Ti and that it is more expensive. The MSRP on the Ti Endura is $30 more than the Delica, so maybe the Dfly would be ~$30 less?
Sushimoto wrote:I'm all for a Ti/Damascus Dragonfly, Native 5, and Paramilitary 2. How about a Manix 2??
We saw a Ti framelock version of the Manix at the Amsterdam meet. Obviously there's a lock change involved, but that's a close as I'd imagine you'll get to a Ti Manix anytime soon.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Yuuuus! :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be a buyer but honestly a bolstered Damascus dragonfly would be an easier buy for me, maybe with some saw cut bone?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would be a buyer but honestly a bolstered Damascus dragonfly would be an easier buy for me, maybe with some saw cut bone?
Well, we have the Endura/Delica in jig...hmmmmmmm
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Kind of what I was thinking. I have the blue jigged endura and it is a nice knife. They just didn't seem to sell real well so I didn't suggest it for the dragonfly. I think the lack of a clip may have held them back. The dragonfly is better suited to being clipless than the Delica and endura though.

I would buy a bolstered jigged bone damascus dragonfly too. I would rather see a nickel silver bolsted saw cut bone damascus dragonfly. That would be money easly spent. You definitely wouldn't have to pry my wallet open. Could be a nice option now that the Kopa is out of the question.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

How about a slightly contoured & polished dark carbon fibre Dragonfly with a maroon red CF "Tattoo" inlay of a Dragonfly with its wings outspread and also coming with a Damascus blade.

It might possibly sell for more than I might be willing to pay......but then again, maybe not? ;)
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd be into that.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

ManixFan wrote:How about a slightly contoured & polished dark carbon fibre Dragonfly with a maroon red CF "Tattoo" inlay of a Dragonfly with its wings outspread and also coming with a Damascus blade.
Want ! Except the Damascus blade, not really fan !
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
SpydyLover123

Post by SpydyLover123 »

This post is overwhelming.
LC Kid

Why Not??

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

A Ti Damascus D'Fly would be a smash hit. :cool:

Actually it's really weird Spyderco hasn't ever released such D'Fly, since they already have plenty Endura / Delica models with Titanium and / or Damascus.

Maybe somebody thinks the Little D'Fly Bro doesn't deserve a Ti/Damascus version? :rolleyes:

Even the Pingo already made it, and it's not even close to the D'Fly heritage and importance.