Spyderco Shop Tour Part 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Spyderco Shop Tour Part 2

Post by bh49 »

Great videos.
Thank you to all maker.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Them putting themselves out there as just real, honest people is warming. No smoke or mirrors, no hype, just real people with real imperfections making a product the best they can for all of us who can't. For some reason I feel some kind of loyalty to that I can't explain. Maybe it's because I know full well I'm truly imperfect and wish that what I do helps people too.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Well, we all know what the 205 Sharpmaker is going to be...:D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I met Sal at the Spyderco Factory in 2012 and he was such a nice guy. Eric and Sal run the best knife company on the planet. They remind me of my dad and I. I love that Eric said that Spyderco is not completely profit based. That makes a HUGE difference. Thanks to BladeHQ for putting this together and for Sal and Eric taking the time to do this. We love watching this kind of stuff. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The robotic sharpening is great. I say this because delivering a very consistent 30 degree bevel to compliment the sharpmaker will unquestionably make sharpening easier for all of the customers who are using the sharpmaker. Reprofing is so intimidating to those that haven't overcome that hurdle yet. More CQI. Thumbs up!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Eric's full name is Ericasso. I never knew that.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Again, thank you Sal and Eric for sharing so much with us. Your involvement with us, the customers, isn't like the typical company, especially one of Spyderco's size. It's more like that local small town store that you feel like you're a part of, where you feel good about shopping because you know the guys behind the counter and they know you. I may never get to meet you guys, but I still feel appreciated as part of this community that you care about enough to go that extra mile for, and I think every fan here or elsewhere feels the same way. It's extraordinary how much of yourselves you put into your business, and it is all for the better. You're a company I want to support, and more importantly you are people I want to support. You've always got a friend in CT! Until I move, that is...
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

The SOCOM insignias on the military models were cool, great video
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks for sharing! Truly an amazing company and I am proud to be a supporter :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Another very nice video. And where can I get one of those sharpening robots?!
:bug-red-white
Brunzenstein48

Post by Brunzenstein48 »

Given the business attitude of the owner, even if one has no interest in knifes at all, will admire their life & work.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives.
It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

Charles Darwin
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

As a French, I nearly understood everything of both what Sal & Eric said.
I notice a lot of "achieve" words from Eric :p :D
I didn't know it was family business those two name. And realised that I didn't really knew much about :spyder: Spyderco :spyder:
I also like to discover where it begins, sharpmaker...
It's also intersesting to discover and that you show more than what customer see. (final product)
Thank you for sharing this.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D