What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpeedHoles

Re: What Spydeco is in your pocket today??

Post by SpeedHoles »

Do you wear that rope around your neck?
Going back to Caly.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
PWork

Post by PWork »

Black Dragonfly 2.
Paul
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
PWork

Post by PWork »

...added the orange Delica that came in the mail today. :D
Paul
Holland

Post by Holland »

SuperBlue Delica and G10 Dragonfly
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well earned no doubt :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

These 2, and a new red SAK Farmer !

Hans

BTG

Post by BTG »

SpeedHoles wrote:Do you wear that rope around your neck?
Yes, way more comfortable than the chain, and I'm not worried about snagging it and choking myself.....and I figure if someone's trying to choke me with it, and I can't stop them, then it doesn't matter what they're using, could be their bare hands.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Holland

Post by Holland »

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm carrying a Domino and Lava.

BTG wrote:
Yes, way more comfortable than the chain, and I'm not worried about snagging it and choking myself.....and I figure if someone's trying to choke me with it, and I can't stop them, then it doesn't matter what they're using, could be their bare hands.

Gotcha. I was just wondering, seems a bit cumbersome if you wanted to use the Manbug. I guess you'd reach for the Swick instead anyway...
I've never been a "neckknife" guy, but have often thought of trying it more for outdoor activities than edc.
Going back to Caly.
BTG

Post by BTG »

SpeedHoles wrote:I'm carrying a Domino and Lava.

BTG wrote:

Gotcha. I was just wondering, seems a bit cumbersome if you wanted to use the Manbug. I guess you'd reach for the Swick instead anyway...
I've never been a "neckknife" guy, but have often thought of trying it more for outdoor activities than edc.
Yeah, I'm not a neck knife guy either, got the Dog Tag about 2 weeks ago, chain just came in a week ago....Swick same, knife about 2 weeks, scales about a week....like both better over a shirt, but not really taking to the neck thing...still like them, Swick will get occasional use, Dog tag more of a novelty...especially since I alway have the Manbug, kinda redundant on the small blades. I think the Swick would be great for fishing, with a serrated salt in your pocket.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

M4 Military
Hans

bearfacedkiller

This is an older pic but I am carrying these two lasers today. What is not to love about 3 inches of hollow ground 2mm thick vg10 in a package with a wonderful blade/cutting edge to handle ratio? Nothing!

-Darby
bearfacedkiller

I have had my balance in my pocket with them as well! Thank you Mr Schempp, I love this little thing!

-Darby
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

That Balance is pretty cool, have pondered picking one up... do you happen to have a Lava, too? I've asked elsewhere if somebody can post a comparison photo of the two, but seems not many people have both.. I feel like they may be somewhat similar...
I love the Lava and think it would be hard to beat since I love how it grips like a Caly, but the Balance has intrigued me.
Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

No, sorry. I do not have a Lava. The blade angle does seem similar. It is a watch pocket knife I use to open packages and do little innocuous things with and at that it excels. The Lava is a little bigger and I wish I could tell you more.
-Darby
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:No, sorry. I do not have a Lava. The blade angle does seem similar. It is a watch pocket knife I use to open packages and do little innocuous things with and at that it excels. The Lava is a little bigger and I wish I could tell you more.

Yeah, no worries, just thought I'd ask and see.
Going back to Caly.