USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ohcyclist

Re: USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/dlc

Post by ohcyclist »

This makes me think that a DLC version of ladybug could be a big seller. Anyone else? With blade swaps you could generate some really amazing combos.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

gbelleh wrote:That yellow and black one is giving me ideas of doing a blade swap with my orange Ladybug...
That sounds like a really sharp idea! I love orange scale and black blade combos. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would buy more Salt knives with yellow handles and black blades.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would buy more Salt knives with yellow handles and black blades.
D-Fly maybe!!!!! Or the orange and black sounds KOOL too!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Lugi

Post by Lugi »

Sons getting one to.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Well as usual I have zero will power, went ahead and ordered 2 more last night, just couldnt resist maxing out on this one. I have a feeling this one is going to be highly sought after down the road.
I think you can be excused Dan, these knives have a high coolness factor. Just hope you don't get into trouble with the Mrs. :D

I'd really like to get the serrated one but I must be strong and save for a Mule this year :)
Fortunately for me, I was blessed with the best wife in the world, we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary March 11th and have actually been together for 25 years, she has stuck by me through some really rough patches and is my absolute best friend. She never says a peep about my out of control addictions, including guns, knives, Harleys, coins, tools etc. etc. etc. but I spoil her to no end also. I'm sure she will probably call dibs on at least one of these toxic green beauties for her key chain.... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
paladin

Post by paladin »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: There's been lots posted recently about not just posting their discount code on this forum, and I must say I have to agree with those folks (so please don't ask me for the code! ;)).
yeah, brother cause if you do...you can expect to have your USN membership yanked within milliseconds of posting those codes they may even have your Credit Cards invalidated, bank accounts locked down, VISA revoked & deported...USN has moles everywhere-- I may even be one :p
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi, I was able to join the USN yesterday and they approved my account this morning. You have to use an email address that's not from one of the big online providers like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc, you need to use an address from your ISP (if you have one) like Comcast, TWC, Charter or what have you. You need to provide one you have direct access to since USN will then send you a registration verification email with a link to finish your registration (they will then approve you or not on their own schedule). Hope that helps. There's been lots posted recently about not just posting their discount code on this forum, and I must say I have to agree with those folks (so please don't ask me for the code! ;)).

With that said, snagged one of each blade style today. The SE blade is destined for a grey G10 Jester frame that's just been itching to hold a DLC hawkbill H1 SE blade! It's going to be one beast of a keychain knife! Cheers and huge kudos/thanks to the USN for making these babies happen, Radioactive :)

Well, I guess USN is off limits to those of us without internet access at our homes then... I only have my smartphone. And no attached email other than gmail, etc.
Going back to Caly.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sorry man, I didn't make the rules, I'm only reporting them. It's up to Spyderco and USN. I was just relating what my experience was this weekend after trying to join USN using my Gmail address. Having an email address from my cable provider was very helpful, appropriate I guess given the several hundred bucks I give them every month to have my family fully plugged into the Matrix.

Perhaps you have a work, school, or other institution-based email address you can try? Or a helpful friend with one?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

To be fair anyone can buy this knife. You don't NEED the code.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

― Abraham Lincoln

I had been curious about the USN for a while so that coupled with the release of this knife encouraged me to join a while ago. Signing up was a bit of a challenge because I rely on a yahoo email myself but fortunately I also have an e-mail address at work that worked. I know it seems like a pain but it is for good reason. They want to weed out trolls and to keep the exchange safe and trustworthy. For this reason you must use your real name when you sign up and you must have a verifiable e-mail instead of a free internet one. Do you have a work or school e-mail or know someone who does?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Sorry man, I didn't make the rules, I'm only reporting them. It's up to Spyderco and USN. I was just relating what my experience was this weekend after trying to join USN using my Gmail address. Having an email address from my cable provider was very helpful, appropriate I guess given the several hundred bucks I give them every month to have my family fully plugged into the Matrix.

Perhaps you have a work, school, or other institution-based email address you can try? Or a helpful friend with one?

Oh yeah of course, wasn't putting blame on you or anything, just relaying my experience with attempting to join there. I do not have any of those emails available.
It's alright, I'm not too bothered. Just find it a little bizarre that since I don't pay some giant monolith of a corporation, like Comcast, for access to the internet, I cannot join a forum, lol, almost seems like a conspiracy in itself. No need to pity me though. While I do like the DLC blades, I am content with my regular little Ladyhawk!
Going back to Caly.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

SpeedHoles wrote:Well, I guess USN is off limits to those of us without internet access at our homes then... I only have my smartphone. And no attached email other than gmail, etc.
I do not have e-mail at home either, and I signed up with my work e-mail. I think they want to make sure people do not use fake names/profiles. I think the system works, people are very nice to each other on there.
SpeedHoles wrote: It's alright, I'm not too bothered. Just find it a little bizarre that since I don't pay some giant monolith of a corporation, like Comcast, for access to the internet, I cannot join a forum, lol, almost seems like a conspiracy in itself. No need to pity me though. While I do like the DLC blades, I am content with my regular little Ladyhawk!
You can still buy the USN Ladybug without the code... the code just gives you a discount.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ohcyclist wrote:This makes me think that a DLC version of ladybug could be a big seller. Anyone else? With blade swaps you could generate some really amazing combos.
Agreed x 1,000. Yes, I would love to see this happen. Of course, it would be just as awesome to see a DLC line for the Manbug too. :)
swigert

Post by swigert »

I just grabbed 2 SE versions. I am really excited for these to come in...
Donut

Post by Donut »

SpyderNut wrote:
ohcyclist wrote:This makes me think that a DLC version of ladybug could be a big seller. Anyone else? With blade swaps you could generate some really amazing combos.
Agreed x 1,000. Yes, I would love to see this happen. Of course, it would be just as awesome to see a DLC line for the Manbug too. :)
Here comes the next Bento Exclusive, at the sweet price of $120 each! lol
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Just want to add on that using a work e-mail was fine for me on USN also. It's not even the first forum I've used requiring a verifiable e-mail (FaceBook was doing the same thing in '05) so expect this to eventually become the norm. Had a buddy refer me to USN and I signed up in March last year with zero trouble. Since then I've really enjoyed the forum although I've contributed minimally. I'd highly recommend signing up to anybody that is thinking about it.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Tried to register on USN but looks like I use free e-mail so??? OH Well!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Hopsbreath wrote:Just want to add on that using a work e-mail was fine for me on USN also. It's not even the first forum I've used requiring a verifiable e-mail (FaceBook was doing the same thing in '05) so expect this to eventually become the norm. Had a buddy refer me to USN and I signed up in March last year with zero trouble. Since then I've really enjoyed the forum although I've contributed minimally. I'd highly recommend signing up to anybody that is thinking about it.

My work email is through gmail.
Facebook used to be a college/university thing, and back then I did have a university associated email, but those are closed shortly after you graduate....

I tried to join USN same time I joined here and BF a couple of months ago. It's funny how I've been on forums for decades, dozens of them, from various mountain biking, cycling, dirt bikes, cafe motorcycles, off-road trucks, LSX performance, rally car, to backpacking and international travel forums, even just snowblower and lawnmower and garage/tool forums, lol, but with these knives and my interest to learn more came one of the most expensive paid forums I've ever seen (BF), and also the only forum I've never been able to join due to my lacking association with a corporation or establishment.
Going back to Caly.
paladin

Post by paladin »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Hopsbreath wrote:Just want to add on that using a work e-mail was fine for me on USN also. It's not even the first forum I've used requiring a verifiable e-mail (FaceBook was doing the same thing in '05) so expect this to eventually become the norm. Had a buddy refer me to USN and I signed up in March last year with zero trouble. Since then I've really enjoyed the forum although I've contributed minimally. I'd highly recommend signing up to anybody that is thinking about it.

My work email is through gmail.
Facebook used to be a college/university thing, and back then I did have a university associated email, but those are closed shortly after you graduate....

I tried to join USN same time I joined here and BF a couple of months ago. It's funny how I've been on forums for decades, dozens of them, from various mountain biking, cycling, dirt bikes, cafe motorcycles, off-road trucks, LSX performance, rally car, to backpacking and international travel forums, even just snowblower and lawnmower and garage/tool forums, lol, but with these knives and my interest to learn more came one of the most expensive paid forums I've ever seen (BF), and also the only forum I've never been able to join due to my lacking association with a corporation or establishment.
SpeedHoles, I think the issue with having a pay ISP email deals with more of an issue of USN cutting down on spam, bots, and other unsavory parasites which often prey upon the free email providers' servers. But even that does not insure a 100% "toll free experience." USN is quasi-exclusive, but not in a snooty way...it's designed to keep the pests ( of the electronic variety ) out. Double check to make sure your cable provider or other utility provider may offer an email service that you're just not aware of. USN is a good network, just like this one, only with a different vibe...good luck keep seeking out solutions, it'll be worth it! :D