2015 SFO Expansion and Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

2015 SFO Expansion and Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

Post by SpyderNut »

First off, congratulations to Sal, Gail, Eric, and the Spyderco Family on the expansion project of the SFO!

I read today in the February Spyderco Byte that Spyderco will be having an official ribbon cutting ceremony later this year to celebrate the opening of their new 17,000 sq. ft. expansion. My question is, will this be open to the public or will it be a private event?

-Michael
Last edited by SpyderNut on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WireEdge Roger

Re: 2015 SFO Expansion and Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That would be a really neat event to attend!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I read that too, more US production! Way to go Spyderco.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If it is open to the public you better believe that I will be there. :) !
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mr. Shawn

Post by Mr. Shawn »

And we're all itching to know what they will cut the ribbon with!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mr. Shawn wrote:And we're all itching to know what they will cut the ribbon with!
Yeah really, if they use scissors somebody isn't paying attention.
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

I imagine the C100 will open the new facility. If this occurs on May 21-23, I will be there.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Interesting. I hope it is open to the public, but to be honest, I doubt that it will be.

If it is open and not during school, I'll be there for sure!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Interesting. I hope it is open to the public, but to be honest, I doubt that it will be.

Make sure you bring your camera :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

SpyderNut wrote:First off, congratulations to Sal, Eric, and the Spyderco Family on the expansion project of the SFO!

I read today in the February Spyderco Byte that Spyderco will be having an official ribbon cutting ceremony later this year to celebrate the opening of their new 17,000 sq. ft. expansion. My question is, will this be open to the public or will it be a private event?

-Michael
You can't leave out the wonderful woman behind these two, Gail. For anyone who has never been around the wonderful group of employees at Spyderco, the family style environment the Glesser's have fostered in their company is inspiring. Congratulations on the expansion and may this be just another stepping stone in your continued success Spyderco.
bearfacedkiller

GoldenSpydie wrote:Interesting. I hope it is open to the public, but to be honest, I doubt that it will be.

GS, you are a better student than I was. :) I looked for reasons to skip school. Good for you for not being the delinquent that I was. :eek:
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
GS, you are a better student than I was. :) I looked for reasons to skip school. Good for you for not being the delinquent that I was. :eek:
Lol BFK, iI'll meet you behind the science block later with some cigarettes if you bring the six pack :p

@G/S, do you have a school paper? Maybe you can write them an article about Spyderco :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Ferris Wheels wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:First off, congratulations to Sal, Eric, and the Spyderco Family on the expansion project of the SFO!

-Michael
You can't leave out the wonderful woman behind these two, Gail. For anyone who has never been around the wonderful group of employees at Spyderco, the family style environment the Glesser's have fostered in their company is inspiring. Congratulations on the expansion and may this be just another stepping stone in your continued success Spyderco.
Well said. I corrected my original post. :o
bearfacedkiller

Johnnie1801 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Lol BFK, iI'll meet you behind the science block later with some cigarettes if you bring the six pack :p

@G/S, do you have a school paper? Maybe you can write them an article about Spyderco :)
I actually work at Coors in Golden, CO and we get a lot of free beer. I'll bring a case if you bring some girls. j/k I'm an old married man now. lol

Nice to know I wasn't the only one smoking in the bathroom in high school. :)
-Darby
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Mr. Shawn wrote:And we're all itching to know what they will cut the ribbon with!
I think they are going to use a Gerber. ;) :)

Jack
Donut

Post by Donut »

They would probably use the cliptool with the scissors, but those scissors are kind of small!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I will be there. I have already purchased a security uniform and a metal detector. I will set up out front and expect to walk off with at least 1000 knives.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Thanks guys. ;)

As for the newspaper...with schools the way they are about knives...I don't know. :( Good idea though, and since I do write a newspaper independent of the school, an interview with Sal has been something I have wanted to do for some time.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Thanks guys. ;)

As for the newspaper...with schools the way they are about knives...I don't know. :( Good idea though, and since I do write a newspaper independent of the school, an interview with Sal has been something I have wanted to do for some time.
That would be pretty dang cool. :) If you get an exclusive interview with Sal, you'll have to share the article with us! ;):D