Headin' West to Golden!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Headin' West to Golden!

Post by SpyderNut »

That's right, I'm very happy to say that I'm finally on my way for a first visit to the Spyderco Headquarters in Golden, Colorado (also known as the "Promised Land of Spydies" to die-hard spydernuts everywhere ;) ). Our family has been planning this trip since the beginning of the year and I have to say that I'm pretty darned excited. (Of course, we'll also visit the Rockies and a few state parks along the way). I have to be up and ready to hit the door in about five hours, but at this point, sleep is going to be futile. :rolleyes: It's been twelve long years since I've been waiting for this trip to happen. Can't wait!!

Sorry to gush on you guys, I'm just a little excited. :o

I'll try to take some pictures and post them when we get back. Take care, everyone, and God bless. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

I'm a little jealous
:o
mattman

Post by mattman »

Travel safe, make memories, bring back stories.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Some pics from inside the factory grounds would be nice, if it's not frowned upon. Also you could check in on the forums on your smart phone. Have fun!
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Gush all you want. No need to apologize- it's definitely warranted. Have a great trip and please let us know about it.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

One of the favorite parts of my trips to Colorado. And it is a pretty cool state to begin with. Have a fun trip!
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Safe trip and enjoy the experience when you're there. Planning on buying anything at the store? Pictures or it didn't happen!
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Remember pics or it didn't happen. You should go to Sal's favorite japanese resturant if its still open.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Fantastic! Do have a safe and enjoyable trip.

One of these days I would like to make the same trip.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

Enjoy the vacation. And while you are there you should go on the Coors tour as well.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

jaypowell0185 wrote:Enjoy the vacation. And while you are there you should go on the Coors tour as well.
Or, you know, seeing as how you're in Colorado, you could tour some GOOD breweries instead. ;)

Head to Longmont for Left Hand and Oskar Blues at bare minimum, at least. There's also a new brewery that opened up a stone's throw from the Spyderco factory, but I can't remember what it's called.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Hang on.. Ill give you my list!
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

The New Belgium brewery tour is second to none. I also highly recommend a trip to Beau Jo's pizza. http://www.beaujos.com/
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Woo Hoo, sounds like fun! Want to stop by Texas on your way there and pick me up? :D :D :D

Someday I hope to make it there, maybe for one of their factory-seconds clearance sales :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi, super jealous of your destination! I was recently in CO for a job interview in Fort Collins and absolutely recommend the New Belgium tour as well! One should not travel through CO without going there, and it's only a little more than an hour north of Golden. I managed to hit New Belgium for a few hours but unfortunately couldn't squeeze in a trip to Golden, but it was on the absolute top of my list if I found some extra time.

Beau Jo's pizza is NOT there anymore, by the way! I was surprised to see their corner occupied by another restaurant (can't recollect what it was...). Maybe they moved somewhere else, but they were no longer in their corner spot on College Ave. Have fun, but watch the alcohol intake your first day, the altitude adjustment gets everyone super spinny fast!
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Congrats and have fun! If you are going to drool, stick to the H1 display. ;)
:spyder:
Dan
Holland

Post by Holland »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Congrats and have fun! If you are going to drool, stick to the H1 display. ;)
lol

super jealous! have fun and try not to spend too much money ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Or, you know, seeing as how you're in Colorado, you could tour some GOOD breweries instead. ;)

Head to Longmont for Left Hand and Oskar Blues at bare minimum, at least. There's also a new brewery that opened up a stone's throw from the Spyderco factory, but I can't remember what it's called.
Because consuming alcohol and then walking into SFO with money is a GREAT way to keep Spyderco in business :D
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Holland wrote:lol

super jealous! have fun and try not to spend too much money ;)
Me too! and right, save it for the SFO!
Pockets wrote:Because consuming alcohol and then walking into SFO with money is a GREAT way to keep Spyderco in business :D
Don't waste your money on food and booze, save it for knives! (you can eat back home:rolleyes :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Have fun! I was really hoping to take a trip to Golden this summer, but it's just not going to work out right now. :(
:bug-red-white